General & Others Wano War Is The Worst War I’ve Ever Read in Any Shone!n

:milaugh:2 emperors + SNs cant destroy a small island when Luffy coilf destroy DR Town, Law can cut a huge mountain, Zoro can cut a golem...Kaido and BM can destroy islands / shake the island with jutst their clash

"A serious huge war"
Bro, Kaido is actively trying NOT to destroy his castle. He explicitly mentioned several times how he doesn't want to see it destroyed.
Post automatically merged:

I'm 100% certain that Marineford would have been slandered just as much, if not more, if it was coming out weekly right now. Y'all just don't wanna admit it because you're blinded by your nostalgia glasses. For all the ridicule that Big Mom gets here, at least she wasn't stabbed through the stomach by some rando from her pirate fleet just like freaking Whitebeard got caught off guard by Squard (lol). Whitebeard literally got stabbed and pierced by a bunch of no name marine fodder. And that man who "had the power to destroy the world" literally couldn't destroy one island either. Or how about Crocodile coming in "fresh" from Impel Down blood baths and blocking Mihaws with his hook. Vista, who'd undoubtedly be labeled as "YC5" by this community, spent a good chunk of that war holding off Mihawk who's the strongest swordsman in the world. Three marine admiral couldn't put down a little 17 y/o rubbery boy who didn't even know haki at the time. Kizaru shot a laser beam at the key that Luffy was holding, and not at Luffy himself LMAO. The list goes on and on... But I don't see y'all throwing a hissy fit about that.

At least OP fandom as a whole can agree that Wano is a garbage arc lol.
You need to get out of your bubble my friend. This forum is insignificant when it comes to the "whole OP fandom". Wano is beloved by so many people.

Last edited:
Bro, Kaido is actively trying NOT to destroy his castle. He explicitly mentioned several times how he doesn't want to see it destroyed.

I'm 100% certain that Marineford would have been slandered just as much, if not more, if it was coming out weekly right now. Y'all just don't wanna admit it because you're blinded by your nostalgia glasses. For all the ridicule that Big Mom gets here, at least she wasn't stabbed through the stomach by some rando from her pirate fleet just like freaking Whitebeard got caught off guard by Squard (lol). Whitebeard literally got stabbed and pierced by a bunch of no name marine fodder. And that man who "had the power to destroy the world" literally couldn't destroy one island either. Or how about Crocodile coming in "fresh" from Impel Down blood baths and blocking Mihaws with his hook. Vista, who'd undoubtedly be labeled as "YC5" by this community, spent a good chunk of that war holding off Mihawk who's the strongest swordsman in the world. Three marine admiral couldn't put down a little 17 y/o rubbery boy who didn't even know haki at the time. Kizaru shot a laser beam at the key that Luffy was holding, and not at Luffy himself LMAO. The list goes on and on... But I don't see y'all throwing a hissy fit about that.

You need to get out of your bubble my friend. This forum is insignificant when it comes to the "whole OP fandom". Wano is beloved by so many people.
I think we are just getting old.I'm 25,i started reading/watching One Piece when is was 15,back then i wasn't as critical as i'm now.Honestly,im losing interest in manga/anime in general.

I think we are just getting old.I'm 25,i started reading/watching One Piece when is was 15,back then i wasn't as critical as i'm now.Honestly,im losing interest in manga/anime in general.
I have no problem with people being critical. I just don't like when people apply double standards. Pre-ts was not perfect like many seem to imply here, and glorifying it for the sake of putting down Wano or any other pst-ts arc is disingenuous af.

I have no problem with people being critical. I just don't like when people apply double standards. Pre-ts was not perfect like many seem to imply here, and glorifying it for the sake of putting down Wano or any other pst-ts arc is disingenuous af.
I think most people have a different perception of Pre-ts because we were younger back then.

Complain about Wano all you want.
At the end of the day, Luffy is the man who is going to become the King of the Pirates!
Shi Shi Shi...
Lets see if that will even happen

Lmao wait till wanos done and you do a reread. People felt this way about ennies lobby and dressrosa
No. Dressrosa had issues too but it wasn't that great to begin with...its main issue was dragging arc though... Not the case with wano.... It just has shit ton of faeces lying around everywhere... Rereading will just make you find more shit.

At least is not the final war ....
This is just the war to get rid of the old system.

But yeah Ndule the stakes are irrelevant and the BM/Kaido are not being used properly.

I don't think its just that. We can see the writing being shifted clearly in new world... I can say oda himself is getting bored and wants to finish off the story.
So do I,once op is over,i will drop manga/mahwa.I'm thinking about dropping OP and catching up in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Someone need to check on Oda. Feels like he is threatened by his editors to write stupid stuffs in Wano.
Pretty sure it's the opposite. The editors are just letting him do whatever the hell he wants, to the detriment of the story sometimes. This is actually a really common occurrence for big-name writers. They are given complete creative freedom and become too self-indulgent. That's why it's always good to have an editor or some kind of figure that will give you constructive feedback and challenge some of your ideas.

Nope

Who hype up Wano? His editors

What happened when he said he wanted to end Wano in 5 years? His editors push him to milk the series
Well, as a counterpoint I would point out that a common complaint you see here is people saying that he's rushing to end this arc: off-screening fights, rushing battle resolutions and development, etc. The problem isn't that there isn't enough material in Wano to explore, it's just that a lot of the focus is being spent on seemingly uninteresting stuff that many fans don't care much about.

I think if an editor wanted to milk Wano, they could easily ask Oda to do it without angering the fans. They could tell him to show the battle between Jack and the minks, a few more chapters of the Strawhats vs. the Tobi Roppo, or Perospero vs. Carrot, etc. Lots of way you can stretch this arc without hurting its quality.

Some of these plot threads and developments seem too specific to be something that the editors asked him to do. Or well, at least that's my take.

Last edited:
I was so hyped for this arc but I just want it to end at this point. Luffy's asspulls are getting out of control and the fake deaths are pissing me off. Kaido doesn't even feel as much of a threat as Katakuri did. It's fuckin stupid to have Luffy fighting Kaido in base form tanking Yonko attacks like they're nothing when 10 minutes ago in manga time he was getting killed on the roof, I don't care if he's using Advanced COC it's garbage writing. He hasn't pulled Snakeman out once, yet he's fighting on equal footing with Kaido.

There's no character development for the Straw Hats (I do admit Sanji had some good development against Queen, but nothing for the rest) Zoro gets a cliche sword powerup but never trained with or fought any badass samurai in a land that's supposed to be known for their elite swordsmen. Instead we're getting Otama and putrid Smile designs. Nico Robin is almost non-existent when this arc should have been crucial for her given the Poneglyphs and Wano history. Nico Robin is one of the most important characters in the story given what she knows and she is off-paneled most of the time. Big Mom is a joke. There's no focus on Kidd and Law because Oda wants to draw 85+ panels of characters running and people panicking. Like we get the point bro. Zoro vs King is over but we're still getting panels with Raizo/Fukurukoju. We're in for another 25+ panels of Momo crying too. The Oden wanking is FARRRRR from over, especially when Momo becomes Shogun. Wano is a mess. We got some cool battle scenes but overall the arc itself has had terrible pacing and wasted panels all over. Oda is really ruining his manga right now for me. If he wants to end it in 5 years then its gonna get worse. I really miss pre-TS OP. Enies Lobby, Marineford, Alabasta, man those were the days.

And as far as the other conversation going on in this thread, the Thousand Year Blood War arc in Bleach shits all over Wano. I can't wait for it to be animated in October. Only reason it wasn't even better than what it was is because Kubo was forced to end the manga. I'm sure we would have gotten an Aizen backstory, more Ywach development, a longer final battle, and more story for the Gotei 13. Even then that arc was FIRE. The 4th Ninja War was cool too until the Kaguya shit, but I'd still put it over Wano. At least there was focus there and character development. The story kept moving forward. Neither the Bleach or Naruto war had fake tension, but Wano is full of that shit.

Last edited:
Someone need to check on Oda. Feels like he is threatened by his editors to write stupid stuffs in Wano.
Nope, Oda always wrote stupid stuff, it just that his good editors that kept him from going wild left at the end of part 1, in the timeskip in decemmber 2010. That is the reason post timeskip sucks and there was dip in quality.

The editors are Oda fanboys that allow him to do whatever he wants.