Character Discussion What are in your opinion the TOP 5 Frauds in One Piece?..

No one. People just tend to overrated someone and when they don't live up to that, call it a fraud.

Big Mom is not a fraud, that is just her personality, not everybody can be straightforward and bloodlusted as Akainu or Kaido.

The only fraud might be Germa Brothers.... hard to scale them, they seemed to be under vet level without suits but also vet level with them... hard to scale them.

I don't think anyone is a "fraud", Oda doesn't create frauds.
- Dragon and Mihawk are saved for the last. Just as how Shanks didn't do anything combat vise until the last chapter.
- Garp will get his shine when we get God Valley flashback, or when he does his last stand against BB while out of his prime.
- Kid isn't a fraud either, unless you overrated him way too much to begin with. He's pretty strong and above most commanders, but got hit by character having one of the highest attack power (swordsmen have high AP for their tier). Still it shouldn't have been a one shot tho IMO
- why is Coby a fraud? Nobody hypes him up as exceptionally strong.

But the closest would be Law and Kid bounty. Not because they are weak or something, but because they simply aren't worth that. To put in perspective, Yonko BB only had 2.2 billion after everything he did. Along with having a solid crew and most territories of WB, he also was stronger than either of them.
Post automatically merged:

Damn, I missed the obvious and only real answer.

Buggy

Roger definitely up there until proven otherwise.

He didn't have any competition to becoming pirate king, most of his poneglyphs were stolen, his only equal whitebeard was a guy who he didn't even fight seriously, he got saved by a storm from being killed by Shiki and couldn't do anything when he found out the truth about the world at raftel.

Midhawk for obvious reasons

Garp has been living off a mistranslated panel for over 10 years. People still use the 'we've almost killed each other' instead of the true translation which was 'we've been fighting each other for years'. Also living off the hype that he defeated Rocks which we now know is utter horse shit.

Dragon for sure is in the top 5. He is delivering way way worse from what you would expect from his hype and from what you would expect from the father of the MC and son of Garp. Sabo is shining more than him.

Akainu in a way. From his showings and hype I put him as on par with Aokiji and probably to Kizaru (or at least really close) but, I don't know why, a lot of people consider him to be comparable to Kaido/Shanks/Mihawk.

Kizaru was expected to do more, by sime way more, vs Luffy. Even if imo it is not really really bad. Again it is probably just the admirals fan trolling/ expecting unrealistic feats from the admirals.

Kidd but that is already an old story. Also it is not Kidd who is weak but Shanks who is strong.

Big mom is an honorable mention. Back in the day she was believed to be some sort of terrible demon/threat but WCI and Wano arc destroyed that aura and what is left is big meme.

Akainu in a way. From his showings and hype I put him as on par with Aokiji and probably to Kizaru (or at least really close) but, I don't know why, a lot of people consider him to be comparable to Kaido/Shanks/Mihawk.
I used to but not so much any more

Mihawk/Shanks > Kaido > Akainu

Kizaru showings kinda ruined admirals for me unfortunately