What Are You Currently Listening To

G

Gorosei Informer

@Shimotsuki Ghostly I think you like this band right?
I'm not sure if they're exactly my type but I just listened to this song about 10 minutes ago and I love it.
I also like In The End but that's way more iconic/popular than this one iirc.
Yeah they're one of my all time favourites, I used to be hugely obsessed with them and especially that album too. Probably the only album where I actually enjoy every song on it too!

They're a brilliant band, I genuinely screamed, cried, yelled etc so much when I found out the lead singer took his own life, he was one of my heroes. Absolute legend of a man and screamed like a demon but sung like an angel too.

In The End is the OG Goat, the one that got me into them but Breaking The Habit and Powerless are my favourite songs of all time by them.

I also recommend Burning In The Skies and Faint by them, Faint is ICONIC and goes HARD too!:

From that album you mentioned too, Papercut is also great for example:

My December is also another great one, I think its from Reanimation, their remix album of Hybrid Theory and its on the 20th anniversary version of HT too:

They also teamed up with Jay Z for a collaboration album called Collision Course IIRC and that worked out way better than it should have/expected imo lol.

I also recommend checking other Mike Shinoda's other stuff, including his solo work, his personal Youtube channel where he livestreams and makes and remixes music live, his previous band Xcutioners IIRC and his side project Fort Minor which is very cool too (Remember the Name is ICONIC too). Mike is the one who brought the hiphop and rap elements to Linkin Park and such too.

Yeah they're one of my all time favourites, I used to be hugely obsessed with them and especially that album too. Probably the only album where I actually enjoy every song on it too!

They're a brilliant band, I genuinely screamed, cried, yelled etc so much when I found out the lead singer took his own life, he was one of my heroes. Absolute legend of a man and screamed like a demon but sung like an angel too.

In The End is the OG Goat, the one that got me into them but Breaking The Habit and Powerless are my favourite songs of all time by them.

I also recommend Burning In The Skies and Faint by them, Faint is ICONIC and goes HARD too!:

From that album you mentioned too, Papercut is also great for example:

My December is also another great one, I think its from Reanimation, their remix album of Hybrid Theory and its on the 20th anniversary version of HT too:

They also teamed up with Jay Z for a collaboration album called Collision Course IIRC and that worked out way better than it should have/expected imo lol.

I also recommend checking other Mike Shinoda's other stuff, including his solo work, his personal Youtube channel where he livestreams and makes and remixes music live, his previous band Xcutioners IIRC and his side project Fort Minor which is very cool too (Remember the Name is ICONIC too). Mike is the one who brought the hiphop and rap elements to Linkin Park and such too.
It's sad how many singers take their own lives, especially when some of them have very obvious warning signs.
Poor guy had a rough life, doesn't seem like he had much help either, it's depressing seeing that kind of stuff happen to good people.

G

Gorosei Informer

It's sad how many singers take their own lives, especially when some of them have very obvious warning signs.
Poor guy had a rough life, doesn't seem like he had much help either, it's depressing seeing that kind of stuff happen to good people.
Absolutely true man, same with Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave, Dolores of The Cranberries and any others too ofc.

In songs like Given Up, Breaking the Habit, Runaway and Powerless for example, you can really hear the pain too, they're much more brutal to listen to in hindsight given what happened to him and some people theorise Linkin Parks last album before he died was like an open letter, a cry for help from him personally, his last ditch effort or something like that.
They radically changed their sound at the time and received SO MUCH HATE for it too which didn't help and for the first time, they had a guest singer for one of their songs Heavy too and that's another song that has aged painfully too, due to what happened with Chester. Well 90% of their music at least has aged worse due to what happened with him to be fair or something like that, but some songs especially.

It still fucking hurts to this day too, I can't even imagine what its like for his family and friends, especially the wife and all his kids he left behind too. At least 6 kids too IIRC?! His childhood/past is so extremely fucked up too, not to mention all the conspiracy theories which I won't discuss here for certain reasons ofc.

On a different note anyway, I just found this and I'm lost for words lol:

G

Gorosei Informer

G

Gorosei Informer

Last edited by a moderator: