Powers & Abilities What exactly is Shanks

What exactlt is he? ๐Ÿ‘€

• Total voters

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
No i didnt say Mihawk must ask Shanks not to use haki, thats ridiculous.

Haki is not part of swordmanship since it can be used with any kind of limb or weapon. For haki to be part of swordmanship, Shanks must be unable to use haki once he let go of his sword, which doesnt make sense. And if haki is part of swordmanship, any non-swordsman must be unable to use haki, which makes even less sense.

Yea i know Zoro use haki, what does it change? For haki to be part of swordmanship, Kaidou must say that Roger be able to stand at the top since he is the strongest swordsman. Kaidou praising Roger haki instead of him being a swordsman or have swordmanship or sword skills, implies that even Kaidou separate haki from swords.
Maximum cope.

Like I said show me a panel of either Shanks or Roger (the guy who literally named his son after his sword), fighting without their sword or sword plus haki combo, and I will concede.

Your fanbase is running on maximum cope and mental gymnastics to deny what the author has told you for 20 years.

Mihawk is the strongest.

There's an issue here though:

Brannew implies that Mihawk's title of the "World's Strongest Swordsman" comes on account of his swordsmanship being even greater than Yonko Shanks.

In order for Zoro to become the WSS, he must defeat Mihawk. And when he defeats Mihawk, they will both coat their attacks with haki. Therefore, when Zoro is the WSS, you would expect a comment saying, "His swordsmanship surpasses even that of Mihawk." However, we know that Zoro only received that status by defeating Mihawk in combat, while using haki as a huge part of his arsenal.
Mu view about this stuff. Not even explicitly declaring a winner by this argument tho, even when i have a winner in mind. I'm not spamming Shanks > Mihawk every 2 seconds or so, just trying to say that Shanks excels in different stuff compared to Mihawk.

If theres no such thing as hakiman, then why Rayleigh taught Luffy haki while Mihawk taught Zoro sword. Why must Ray separate the two and make haki an independent stuff.

And you keep saying "is Zoro gonna turn off his haki vs Mihawk" why shouldn't he? Whoever wins between those two, it doesn't mean that his haki is better than someone who is recognized in haki far more than his own reputation as a swordsman.

Last edited:
while my response to @Marimo_420

Maximum cope.

Like I said show me a panel of either Shanks or Roger (the guy who literally named his son after his sword), fighting without their sword or sword plus haki combo, and I will concede.

Your fanbase is running on maximum cope and mental gymnastics to deny what the author has told you for 20 years.

Mihawk is the strongest.
Well Kaidou praising Roger due to his haki and deliberately leaving out him being a swordsman. Theres the panel of Kaidou saying that. WB praising Shanks' haki instead of his swordsman reputation is also the part of this.

You saying that Shanks must let go of his sword doesnt make sense since Shanks is also a swordsman who must fight with all his abilities to win against a strong opponents, instead of just using his haki alone and restrict himself. But i don't need you to concede anything, i just say what i'm thinking.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
while my response to @Marimo_420

Well Kaidou praising Roger due to his haki and deliberately leaving out him being a swordsman. Theres the panel of Kaidou saying that. WB praising Shanks' haki instead of his swordsman reputation is also the part of this.

You saying that Shanks must let go of his sword doesnt make sense since Shanks is also a swordsman who must fight with all his abilities to win against a strong opponents, instead of just using his haki alone and restrict himself. But i don't need you to concede anything, i just say what i'm thinking.
Wb talked about shanks haki because he walked on to the ship releasing it.

When he actually sat and talked about shanks he never mentioned his legendary haki but his legendary sword duels

The World's Strongest Hakiman

No one comes close to his Haki feats, he lost his main arm and the World's Greatest Swordsman is still being compared to him

Imagine if Shanks wasnt missing an arm?
:goyea:

Last edited:

KonyaruIchi

๐Ÿ‘‘๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐Ÿ‘‘
โ€Ž
He's a magician, he can fold metal like it's nothing :rolaugh:

People still don't realized Shanks is a true hakiman. Mihawk a true swordsman.

Difference is Mihawk is only strong if he is wielding a sword.

Shanks is strong with whatever weapon he is wielding. He is also strong without weapons. Hell he is strong if he is limbless.

Chapter 1079 shows his wizardry, wielding the swordlike wand Gryphon. He can even look into the future like Madam Sharly, a magician like Shanks.

Next time, Shanks will show his grappling skills. Can't wait for Oda to showcase Shanks the Grappler!

:suresure::suresure: