Speculations What if Carmel Had Sold Linlin to the Marines?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We know that Mother Carmel, who was running an underground trafficking operation that funneled orphans into the Marines, held Charlotte Linlin in high regard and claimed she could become an admiral if the World Government took her off her hands. With this in mind, how would things be different if the future Big Mom had instead become a political puppet? What admiral would not have ascended instead of Linlin? How would Marineford have gone differently with her inclusion?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
This change would have brought so many changements that it is not possible to guess what would have happenend.

Big mom has been a big player for decades now.

- She would have not joined ROCKS.
- She helped Kaido during her ROCKS time and maybe save his life ect so maybe Kaido would have died already.
- She has built an empire so a lot of things would have changed for those islands.
- She has a road poneglyphe.
- She is a yonko and keep the balance so without her and maybe without kaido too no more Yonko so a different world.

If she was in the Marine they would have gained a very powerful ally to fight Roger/WB/Shiki/ROCKS etc.

She will likely be admiral at Aokiji's place because he is younger. But she would have been admiral before Akainu and Kizaru she is 10 years older than them.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I have to wonder what the Celestial Dragons would think of her - I’m sure she’s none too popular with them in her current capacity as a Yonko, but if she were responsible for defending them from powerful pirates, could she be that reliable when suffering from those bizarre hunger pangs?

If she tried to pull the same shit she did in Elbaf on someone in Marijoa, there wouldn’t be any Streussen-type figures to swoop in and protect/corrupt her, they’d just execute her or drop her in Level 6. Maybe that tragic backstory of hers represents the best case scenario...

At best, working always with Caramel, they could have developed a character like Weevil (just stronger), if they were unlucky (and this is most likley what would have happened) they would have just swallowed up a ticking bomb. Then at that point it wouldn't have been, probably, a big problem for the WG like what happened to the giants (Lin Lin killed one of the elders) but still a lot of dead low ranking officiers and damaged structures would have been a given.