Chapter Discussion What is Kaido's Important Announcement?

Kaido has an important announcement that if he announces right now will cause a lot of confusion.
We know this announcement has something to do with Kaido's son, Yamato.
What do you guys think it could be?
A wedding with one of Big Mom's daughters?
Perhaps Pudding?
If so, why would it cause confusion to announce it now?
Kaido's announcement causing confusion among the beast pirates, means that it's gonna be unexpected and totally outta the blue.. and like Ulti said, Kaido's hiding something and he's been secretive about it.

I think I solved it guys.

Kaido's finally coming outta the closet.
And LGBTQ month is just around the corner, it's perfect timing.

:optimistic: :kappa::kappa:

I wonder if it's going to be a wedding or simply a reveal that Yamato is BMs and Kaido's son. To me this:

- Would cause confusion before the alliance was announced
- Would have everything to do with Yamato
- Would avoid retredding the WCI wedding plot. The alliance would be formed due to shared blood.
- Could explain the debt Kaido owes BM (she let him take their kid)
- Could tie back to Kaido's lineage

And tbh, I like it the most. It would also support how dangerous Yamato actually could be (good or bad). The only problem is, it relies on Kaido/Yamato either being older than we think, or BM/Kaido eloped while they were Yonko and hated each other. Other than this, I'm not sure what it could be without feeling redundant to WCI, unless Yamato is essential to something else that we can't guess.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
What I posted in the chapter discussion:

I think the announcement is that Kaido will step down as leader of the Beast Pirates, and Yamato will take over. Kaido saying if he leads with the Yamato announcement will "cause confusion" makes sense. He wouldn't want to announce his resignation/successor then immediately following it up with the new alliance proclamation.

I think the announcement is that Kaido will step down as leader of the Beast Pirates, and Yamato will take over. Kaido saying if he leads with the Yamato announcement will "cause confusion" makes sense. He wouldn't want to announce his resignation/successor then immediately following it up with the new alliance proclamation.

God imagine if BM and Kaido just up and leave Onigashima to look for the other Rocks pirates, Yamato becomes the new head of the alliance as the "Ace" of the crew, being their son?

That would be nuts, but I'd also he pissed at Oda if he doesn't take care of either Yonko this arc lol

Hum, maybe Yamato will get promoted to Okanban. It could be anything really.
The weird thing is why it would be "confusing" and why it almost seems like the announcement of the alliance needs to formally happen first. It either sounds like Yamato is central to the alliance (marriage or being their son) or BM/Kaido are about to do something Rocks related (recruit the former members, therefore leave Wano?) and Yamato is central to maintaining the current alliance at Wano?

The 2nd option sounds outlandish (since Kaido is built up as the arc villain), but we didn't find out about Katakuri until midway into WCI...so now I'm not sure lol. Obviously revolves around the idea that Yamato is powerful/a villain.

The only reason I bring this up is Oda (through Sengoku), talks about Rocks like some immense threat that may pool over beyond Wano. If Kaido/BM go down here, then I feel like it was a non-existent world issue if it's all resolved at Wano.

Like, I'm imagining 3 major threats. Blackbeard and whatever he is doing, the WG and their plans, then BM/Kaido further forming an alliance with their old comrades, and leading to whatever Sengoku was believing will haopen. Shit is both world ending and scary. Idk, I'd like it and also hate it at the same time because that means beyond Wano, all 4 Yonko will still be around lol. But if both are done at Wano, it kind of defeats the purpose of Sengoku talking about them like they will be a persistent problem.

Basically I can see both crews going entirely down this arc, but "Rocks" living on and getting worse.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I would be very surprised if it's not the wedding of his son and Lin Lin's daughter. Like honestly.
Maybe he wants to tell that Yamato will command the forces from now on which will anger a lot of stronger fighters from Kaido crew?
I don't know. Surprise me Oda!

I really dont think it's gonna be a wedding, at all. Not because it's repetitive, but I just dont feel like it's concerning that. Im leaning towards it has something to do with Yamato himself and his position in the crew / alliance between BP and BMP, moving forward. Maybe Kaido will leave Wano in Yamato's hand while him and Mama starting to make moves in New World, like actually actively sailing, conquering the world, challenging other great forces, and of course, working tgt to fulfill both dreams; starting the biggest war (Kaido) and become a PK by finding out about OP (Mama).

I really dont think it's gonna be a wedding, at all. Not because it's repetitive, but I just dont feel like it's concerning that. Im leaning towards it has something to do with Yamato himself and his position in the crew / alliance between BP and BMP, moving forward. Maybe Kaido will leave Wano in Yamato's hand while him and Mama starting to make moves in New World, like actually actively sailing, conquering the world, challenging other great forces, and of course, working tgt to fulfill both dreams; starting the biggest war (Kaido) and become a PK by finding out about OP (Mama).
Add to the fact that Sengoku talks about them like this persistent threat for the future and the fact that Bakkin/Weevil are still at large and likely not related to Wano at all.

Something tells me that Kaido and Linlin will leave Wano. Many of us were at this belief that BM would survive and Wano go to Elbaf eventually, so tbh I wouldn't be shocked if Kaido would too.

Perhaps Yamato is the real fight this arc, and their plotline just pools over into the next one eventually. I know so many people would be hugely pissed though, but I still personally can't see a Yonko going down with the alliance we currently have. Kaido is the strongest thing on the planet. Add BM to that list.

I have a feeling once Kaido finds out what he needs to from the Scabbards, he's going to just up and leave with BM. Their alliance is already telling me they don't give a fuck about anything else save for conquering the world.

So it sounds like Kaidou and Big Mom will leave to subjugate Elbaf Giants. Oroichi's going to have to defend his whole regime all by himself.
I could even see Kaido and crew owning the alliance by the end of Act 3, capturing them and sending them all to execution. Kaido/BM leave to do their Rocks thing, and Act 4 is about beating the Beasts Pirates/Orochi/BM pirates without the actual Yonko there lol.

I'm scared for what's coming lol, I personally hope Oda doesn't do it but I can see it

J

Jo_Ndule

What if :
Kaido and BM going to elbaf to take over it
They will leave Yamato behind to lead
But they will do it when they beat Luffy and Kidd in act 3...act 4 will start with Kaido and BM being away for 2 weeks, causing havoc
They will return and see Alliance defeated everyone including Yamato who switched sides.

J

Jo_Ndule

I could even see Kaido and crew owning the alliance by the end of Act 3, capturing them and sending them all to execution. Kaido/BM leave to do their Rocks thing, and Act 4 is about beating the Beasts Pirates/Orochi/BM pirates without the actual Yonko there lol.

I'm scared for what's coming lol, I personally hope Oda doesn't do it but I can see it
It might be possible...but many people think Kaido & BM will just remain in wano for 2 more weeks or a month doing nothing

Once they trash Luffy & kidd,
Queen gets replaced, Yamato leading,

It might be possible...but many people think Kaido & BM will just remain in wano for 2 more weeks or a month doing nothing

Once they trash Luffy & kidd,
Queen gets replaced, Yamato leading,
I'm gonna make a thread about the whole thing later, something has been really fishy about this whole Rocks thing and I just need to collect my thoughts on it. Oda could have easily just let this be a BM/Kaido alliance but he went and made a while Rocks backstory and had Sengoku really discuss it like it will still be a future/lasting threat. Weevil not being part of the arc really is what is making me believe this more than anything, not to mention believing the idea that 2 Yonko are going down this arc. I can actually see all 4 Yonko clashing towards the EoS. Luffy topping one or two now sort of means he's surpassing them now and also really lowers the threats of Akainu/Blackbeard/Shanks/anyone else.

What I can see is Luffy taking on another power who is above the other commanders but below the Yonko. Yamato or the possible Ace really is central to that idea, but it's a matter of time before we know.

Basically I can see the crews going down this arc, but the Yonko may form their own thing with either the level 6 escapees/silver medalists (possibly Ochoku/Silver Ace) or Shiki. Hell, maybe Rocks is still alive. I don't know.

T

The Penguin

F
I
N
A
L
L
Y

Kaido's gonna announce that the correct altitude for his successful suicide has been finally found. It would be such a joyous day for beast pirates.

It relates to Yamato because the calculations for finding the answer was done by none other than Yamato himself.
And it's confusing because mathematicians and physicists previously theorized that such an altitude doesn't exist.