Chapter Discussion What is Kaido's Important Announcement?

Think about it this way though: Kaido is saying it's going to sound confusing/surprising before they do everything else.

We as the reader already know that BM marries her children to allies. Kaido's crew already knows about the alliance, indicated by the random henchmen on the ships bragging about it to Luffy/Law/Kid.

It has to be surprising to the reader too, and it's why I don't think it's simply just a wedding, because we expect that news.
What do you think it'd be if it isn't Yamato's engagement to one of Lilin's kids? Keep in mind tho that said announcement revolves around Yamato.

What do you think it'd be if it isn't Yamato's engagement to one of Lilin's kids? Keep in mind tho that said announcement revolves around Yamato.
Atm, I have a few things in mind:

- Yamato is both Kaido/BM's son (aka, he's older than we think). Maybe this is why Kaido owes Big Mom, he was allowed to keep him. This would also avoid a wedding I'd say.
- Yamato is central to the alliance in other ways, and is being asked to lead both crews while BM/Kaido focus on other things as part of their Rocks goals/plot.
- Yamato is necessary for Kaido/Linlin to achieve their goals directly (he has a special power/he's a living weapon/etc)

Just some other things I can think of that possibly involve Kaido's news with him. Apparently he's extremely important to the alliance right, but it has to be a "surprising" announcement at least to us I'd say, as now we expect it to be something like this.

That's the only reason why I think a wedding is unlikely in terms of an announcement, but I could be wrong. I think once we know what he looks like/acts like, it'll be easier to guess the news.

Atm, I have a few things in mind:

- Yamato is both Kaido/BM's son (aka, he's older than we think). Maybe this is why Kaido owes Big Mom, he was allowed to keep him. This would also avoid a wedding I'd say.
In the first place Lilin doesn't really have automatic right to custody of any of her children and is only able to do it simply because all of her husbands or is lovers? lolz have been powerless before her, whereas with Kaidou that isn't really the case. That said it's an interesting possibility regardless ^^.

- Yamato is central to the alliance in other ways, and is being asked to lead both crews while BM/Kaido focus on other things as part of their Rocks goals/plot.
The whole point of the alliance is for both Kaidou and Lilin to dominate the world and then the two plan to fight out between themselves to reign supreme so I don't think it makes sense for them to delegate that responsibility to Yamato even more so from Lilin's perspective. Moreover what could possibly be more important for the two than world domination atm?

- Yamato is necessary for Kaido/Linlin to achieve their goals directly (he has a special power/he's a living weapon/etc)
If this were the case Kaidou wouldn't have needed the SMILE army from Doffy and Caesar in the first place and there'd have been no reason for him to ally with Lilin if he's always had a weapon of such magnitude in his possession.

Just some other things I can think of that possibly involve Kaido's news with him. Apparently he's extremely important to the alliance right, but it has to be a "surprising" announcement at least to us I'd say, as now we expect it to be something like this.

That's the only reason why I think a wedding is unlikely in terms of an announcement, but I could be wrong. I think once we know what he looks like/acts like, it'll be easier to guess the news.
Yh guess we'd see in a few chapters ^^. That is, if the party gets to even proceed that far...lolz

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I only have 2 ideas right now, which is :

1. Yamato gonna married one of Big Mom's daughter, i don't know who it is. As long as we can see in the anime, her daughters which is come to wano with her its just Compote (49), Smoothie (35), Gallette (31), and Flampe (15). And as we know, Big Mom will make an alliances with a marriage as "official announcement".

2. Yamato is Kaido-Big Mom son, we talking about Kaido's debt to Big Mom. Because in the recent chapter, Black Maria call yamato as "Young Master" (if you can call 40++ y/o people with young master). I think Yamato is the younger brother of Katakuri, Daifuku, Oven. So there is quartet rather than triplets. Maybe Kaido want one of their son to be with him, the triplets are going with big mom.

Lets just see whats Oda's plan for yamato, he might be same age as momonosuke, or a teen (20's - 30's), or even an adult (40's ++)

And the most importantly, i hope Yamato's design is beastly, not like Weevil's design.

Last edited:
In the first place Lilin doesn't really have automatic right to custody of any of her children and is only able to do it simply because all of her husbands or is lovers? lolz have been powerless before her, whereas with Kaidou that isn't really the case. That said it's an interesting possibility regardless ^^.

The whole point of the alliance is for both Kaidou and Lilin to dominate the world and then the two plan to fight out between themselves to reign supreme so I don't think it makes sense for them to delegate that responsibility to Yamato even more so from Lilin's perspective. Moreover what could possibly be more important for the two than world domination atm?

If this were the case Kaidou wouldn't have needed the SMILE army from Doffy and Caesar in the first place and there'd have been no reason for him to ally with Lilin if he's always had a weapon of such magnitude in his possession.

Yh guess we'd see in a few chapters ^^. That is, if the party gets to even proceed that far...lolz

Part of me has this "eerie" feeling, and its a small one but I've been thinking about it for a while, that Kaido/Big Mom are meant to further propel a Rocks plot that is beyond Wano. Sengoku and Garp talk about Rocks like its about to become a massive threat (through Oda's words). I also know that Kaido/BM are considered a worse threat than the original crew seemingly, but its the WAY Garp/Sengoku talk about Rocks that gets me. To me, it strikes weird that a lot about Rocks isn't even a part of Wano save for Kaido/Linlin:

- Garp himself
- Weevil/Bakkin
- Former Rocks Pirates (only teased by Sengoku)
- Former Roger Pirates
- The overall goal of Rocks was unknown, but had to do with God Valley.

I know the above sounds wacky on paper, because Wano has been built up for years as taking down a Yonko, but I'm at this point where I don't even see how Luffy is going to win here lol, let alone have to deal with 2 Yonko. Sure, Neko may bring enough reasonable reinforcements (the former WB pirates especially) and that may definitely help, but Luffy himself lost immediately to Kaido in one hit. That never happened before this arc, and I'm not sure how that gap is supposed to be closed going from Katakuri to Kaido. I'm sure Oda could find a way though.

We still honestly don't know why Kaido had an affinity for Wano in the first place, or what questions he needed to ask the Scabbards, or even his past, and I'm also not evensure how the whole Rocks goal ties into this, it was only recently introduced in 2 other chapters and teased by Marco. Weevil now has to deal with not being a Shichibukai and we have no idea how that factors into his character, but Bakkin allegedly tied to Rocks through Marco's comments about her. Its just like, if we have characters outside of Wano that are part of this Rocks plot, is the Rocks plot even finishing on Wano?

The above is the ONLY reason why I'm guessing Yamato may be important in actually "uniting" their two crews (be it some power he has or relationship to both BM/Kaido) and could serve to be the arc villain for Luffy.

But yes, we really need to see what Yamato looks like. If he's a kid or he's good, then Kaido is totally going down this arc, regardless (being Luffy's main battle most likely somehow). If he's bad and looks to serve as Luffy's foil.....then I'm afraid that BM/Kaido may not go down this arc and live serve a bigger plot, just like Blackbeard and Shanks seem to be doing eventually. These are the strongest pirates in the world, so I could see their characters surviving beyond this point.

Also a big issue I have with Luffy winning against a Yonko here is how it really lowers the threats of Akainu, Blackbeard and other Non-Yonko/Admiral threats (Vegapunk/SSG if they are a personal threat to Luffy). Not defeating Kaido/BM here, but allowing Luffy to take out their crews (and still fight someone stronger than a Yonko commander) here with his alliance still keeps Luffy the "underdog" for a longer time if you know what I mean.

Idk, I know I'm one of the few that shares this sentiment, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Kaido has an important announcement that if he announces right now will cause a lot of confusion.
We know this announcement has something to do with Kaido's son, Yamato.
What do you guys think it could be?
A wedding with one of Big Mom's daughters?
Perhaps Pudding?
If so, why would it cause confusion to announce it now?
He'll probably announce that his old buddy WB actually didn't die at Marineford and that his son Yamato is actually Ace, who also miraculously survived somehow.
Then he'll intodruce Pedro, who also survived and was the REAL traitor all along.

When I read that panel (before turning the page), I immediately hoped that he would announce something about finding the lost Road Poneglyph, meaning that the SHP could theoretically have access to all four by the end of Wano. If the series is truly as close to the end as we’ve heard, this would have been a perfect way to accelerate the inevitable.

As it is, I’m guessing Yamato is either being married off to a Charlotte (crossing my fingers for more Smoothie action), or is otherwise taking a position of (more) power in the crew. I’ve seen theories float around about Luffy facing off against Yonko children instead of the big dogs themselves as a Rocks/Garp 2.0, this would seem to imply something along those lines. Knowing Oda, though...who can say for sure what’s gonna fucking happen??
:lusalty:

Last edited:
Hey, it's still possible. Right now the gap between Kaido/Luffy is still maniacally huge. With Oda teasing Rocks and the number or Rocks related content that had nothing to do with Wano, I wouldn't even be surprised if Luffy is meant to fight someone like Yamato and the Yonko are supposed to remain established powers until the final War. I think we all get that Wano is building up to a Yonko going down but Oda has to explain HOW they are going to even do such a thing with the current alliance they have.

Honestly who knows at this point. I can see the Yonko crews going down at this point, the Yonko I'm not so sure yet.

Hey, it's still possible. Right now the gap between Kaido/Luffy is still maniacally huge. With Oda teasing Rocks and the number or Rocks related content that had nothing to do with Wano, I wouldn't even be surprised if Luffy is meant to fight someone like Yamato and the Yonko are supposed to remain established powers until the final War. I think we all get that Wano is building up to a Yonko going down but Oda has to explain HOW they are going to even do such a thing with the current alliance they have.

Honestly who knows at this point. I can see the Yonko crews going down at this point, the Yonko I'm not so sure yet.
It’s the part about the last Road Poneglyph being in Wano that would disappoint me. One is enough, I don’t want Oda to resort to a huge plot convenience and deprive us of more exciting adventures out of laziness.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It’s the part about the last Road Poneglyph being in Wano that would disappoint me. One is enough, I don’t want Oda to resort to a huge plot convenience and deprive us of more exciting adventures out of laziness.
I agree with all of this, man. The problem is that we’re being warned that the end is coming closer, but where we are in the story doesn’t really lend itself to that idea...I hope I’m proven wrong, and clearly my initial impression of what would happen was immediately disproven, but there’s simply no reasonable way the Straw Hats will find the One Piece without a HEAVY dose of lazy writing. Not my ideal way forward either.

I agree with all of this, man. The problem is that we’re being warned that the end is coming closer, but where we are in the story doesn’t really lend itself to that idea...I hope I’m proven wrong, and clearly my initial impression of what would happen was immediately disproven, but there’s simply no reasonable way the Straw Hats will find the One Piece without a HEAVY dose of lazy writing. Not my ideal way forward either.
Unless Oda just underestimated the time it will take to write the rest of the story, which wouldn’t be the first time.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Unless Oda just underestimated the time it will take to write the rest of the story, which wouldn’t be the first time.
No, it certainly would not be...the rest of his fan base understands that the remaining plot lines will take more than five years to conclude in a logical and satisfactory manner, but ultimately, it’s up to him. If he wants to accelerate the timeline by suddenly making all four Road Poneglyphs accessible to Luffy and friends, we have little choice but to go along with it.

We’ve strayed too far from the topic at hand - Kaido’s announcement may not have to do with the last RP, but I’d wager that if it’s not about Yamato in some manner, he’ll say something about Laugh Tale/One Piece supposedly being within his reach.

Oh that I totally get lol. Anyway, I doubt it will so don't worry too much. They have to get the one in Wano/Kaido's mansion anyway so that will be the focus. The last one will appear most likely in a future arc.

I for one think we are in for a few more adventure arcs before the end, Yonko/Rocks or not

Honestly think we have at least another 10 years of OP. Oda can't help himself, and literally JUST started teasing the SSG and the Rocks Plotline lmao. Think about that, neither have anything to do with Blackbeard or Shanks or the WG at the moment, yet he is teasing more and more and more

At the rate he is going with Wano (a 100+ chapters) he's likely not going to speedup anytime soon.

Last edited: