Speculations What is the purpose of having Ulti and Page One meet Luffy?

Why did Oda have them meet Luffy

• a warm up fight for Luffy

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • a warm up fight for Eustass and Killer

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • they will become allies

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • a warm up fight for Zoro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apoo got better hype than page one lol :seriously:
You mean you hyped him? All he has is some moderate to high attack power. Page one demonstrated insane speed, endurance, physical strength, durability... basically the whole package. Apoo seems to lack in most areas of combat other than his attack potency. Like he saw kid build the arm and still couldn't dodge or tank the hit properly. Pageone has shown enough speed feats in hybrid to dodge such an attack.

It'll be a quick clash to showoff Ulti's df. I won't be surprised if Luffy takes a small L here for Ulti hype. Oda won't do any long fights this early. I expect Luffy will head into another direction soon after.
I don't think Luffy can take Ls from physical fighters right now. That's his forte and he is just too strong. Right now the only people who can give Luffy some trouble are people with magical powers. Think of people like Hawkins, Apoo Admirals etc. Even Kid is highly outmatched in my opinion since at the end of the day he is a a simple brawler. We have actually seen Luffy jump into gear 4th and use KKG on moments notice this arc after his training. If those two transforms so will Luffy and then it's game over for them.

You mean you hyped him? All he has is some moderate to high attack power. Page one demonstrated insane speed, endurance, physical strength, durability... basically the whole package. Apoo seems to lack in most areas of combat other than his attack potency. Like he saw kid build the arm and still couldn't dodge or tank the hit properly. Pageone has shown enough speed feats in hybrid to dodge such an attack.
He didn't dodge kid cus was he was shocked kid was still alive that dont count

Dude, forget it.

If Oda has not wanted to kill Pageone and Sasaki by now, it is obvious that he is saving the tobbi roppo for the final battle climax. He will not waste them to be material of hype at the beginning of a war, they are very special for that.
Yup it's just further characterization. It's a fun scenario to see what happens until both parties move on. It's not meant to be taken as "welp, they are done here".

Yup it's just further characterization. It's a fun scenario to see what happens until both parties move on. It's not meant to be taken as "welp, they are done here".
The name of the chapter is ''ruffian meets ruffian''

Ulti is a character with a strong personality and completely inconsequential, being as insolent as Luffy.

Knowing Oda, he only forced this situation for them to interact with each other, because it would be cool, nothing more than that.