Character Discussion What "popular" characters do you find to be boring or dislike ?

People who don't like Zoro are always something to me. Don't know what you could say bad about him. Yes his fans might be so arrogant ... But Zoro the character ? Just a common man without any lineage (at least for now) who trains everyday to became the strongest, loyal to his crew and his captain, ready to give away his life or pride for someone else, who never forget to respect any good characters, doesn't annoy you by his acts, doesn't do any irritating face/behaviour.
He is just calm and talk when it needs but some people hate that and call it "one dimensional" because he is the "badass" character of the manga but they love katakuri, shanks, whitebeard for the same reason. We know friends or family or someone who is calm and serious, would you call them also one dimensional human ? No of course, it's not a bad thing to be serious but what to do, people want zoro to act like others characters but they hate at the same time when characters are noisy, too emotional.
You basically just want to hate someone, just admit it ...

I don't hate any characters in OP beside Spandam/Charlos, some fanbase are dumb but i wouldn't change my mind about a character because of that.

People who don't like Zoro are always something to me. Don't know what you could say bad about him. Yes his fans might be so arrogant ... But Zoro the character ? Just a common man without any lineage (at least for now) who trains everyday to became the strongest, loyal to his crew and his captain, ready to give away his life or pride for someone else, who never forget to respect any good characters, doesn't annoy you by his acts, doesn't do any irritating face/behaviour.
He is just calm and talk when it needs but some people hate that and call it "one dimensional" because he is the "badass" character of the manga but they love katakuri, shanks, whitebeard for the same reason. We know friends or family or someone who is calm and serious, would you call them also one dimensional human ? No of course, it's not a bad thing to be serious but what to do, people want zoro to act like others characters but they hate at the same time when characters are noisy, too emotional.
You basically just want to hate someone, just admit it ...

I don't hate any characters in OP beside Spandam/Charlos, some fanbase are dumb but i wouldn't change my mind about a character because of that.
You just pointed out the reason why he gets haters or at least one of then. He "is" the one note "supposed" Badass character and that's it, his other characterization are gone or hardly worth mentioning as it's far and few between, like could count on 1 hand. Every other thing you could say is just a shallow excuse. Especially if its loyalty, as that's nothing to praise as the crew is that and they're aren't really challenged.

Sabo is just a shitty character. A mistake.
I simply don't like him

- I do not like the fact that Oda wanted to make him more of a pretty boy than his original design.... It was cheap.. removed his uniqueness... He used to have a curly hair, which if grew, it should make a badass golden afro... oda could have made the BEST afro design with him... but nah...

- Sabo used to have a missing tooth, again, very unique, but nah... let's give him some dental care

- Sabo used to even FART... a very comedic gag... can you imagine a scene of both Afro (Brook and Sabo) sitting together and farting LMAO....

- I hate his attitude and the way he speaks.... and when he makes a joke, it's too damn cringe...

- I hate when he shows off his moves.... that dragon claw technique is just crap LOL.... I would only consider it if he had a Zoan DF with claws.... but god forbid making Sabo unique, so feed him Ace's fruit.... and completely ignore making him special, where ASL brothers can all be unique and different in fighting style...

- I hate his Revolutionary backstory...

- So, with that being said... how can I love a character after I hated all of those things LMAO... no matter what power level he shows, no matter if he shows up in Wano... I don't give a shit... I dislike him, as simple as that

I simply don't like him

- I do not like the fact that Oda wanted to make him more of a pretty boy than his original design.... It was cheap.. removed his uniqueness... He used to have a curly hair, which if grew, it should make a badass golden afro... oda could have made the BEST afro design with him... but nah...

- Sabo used to have a missing tooth, again, very unique, but nah... let's give him some dental care

- Sabo used to even FART... a very comedic gag... can you imagine a scene of both Afro (Brook and Sabo) sitting together and farting LMAO....

- I hate his attitude and the way he speaks.... and when he makes a joke, it's too damn cringe...

- I hate when he shows off his moves.... that dragon claw technique is just crap LOL.... I would only consider it if he had a Zoan DF with claws.... but god forbid making Sabo unique, so feed him Ace's fruit.... and completely ignore making him special, where ASL brothers can all be unique and different in fighting style...

- I hate his Revolutionary backstory...

- So, with that being said... how can I love a character after I hated all of those things LMAO... no matter what power level he shows, no matter if he shows up in Wano... I don't give a shit... I dislike him, as simple as that
He isn't unique, just a shit version of Ace, with a boring backstory. I'd of liked it better if Oda made one a girl, but. Nah gotta have males/Brothers.

He isn't unique, just a shit version of Ace, with a boring backstory. I'd of liked it better if Oda made one a girl, but. Nah gotta have males/Brothers.
Maybe Luffy drinks sake with Yamato... just like WB and Oden were brothers.... maybe Luffy gets his sister LOL... who knows... maybe Sabo will be present in that moment too.. since it's expected for him to show up in Wano

And since Yamato had a big bond with Ace before and wanted to join his crew... so, basically Luffy might get a sister sake cup moment

:kata:

I simply don't like him
Fair enough
- I hate when he shows off his moves.... that dragon claw technique is just crap LOL.... I would only consider it if he had a Zoan DF with claws.... but god forbid making Sabo unique, so feed him Ace's fruit.... and completely ignore making him special, where ASL brothers can all be unique and different in fighting
What ?? Ryousoken is one of the most creative fighting style Oda has come up with

You just pointed out the reason why he gets haters or at least one of then. He "is" the one note "supposed" Badass character and that's it, his other characterization are gone or hardly worth mentioning as it's far and few between, like could count on 1 hand. Every other thing you could say is just a shallow excuse. Especially if its loyalty, as that's nothing to praise as the crew is that and they're aren't really challenged.
You dislike or hate him ? that's a difference. If you don't like him, fair enough because no one can be loved by everyone.
But hating someone ? really ? You hate him because he doesn't talk ? wow that's big ..

Maybe Luffy drinks sake with Yamato... just like WB and Oden were brothers.... maybe Luffy gets his sister LOL... who knows... maybe Sabo will be present in that moment too.. since it's expected for him to show up in Wano

And since Yamato had a big bond with Ace before and wanted to join his crew... so, basically Luffy might get a sister sake cup moment

:kata:
Tbh I don't subscribe to Ace and Yamato having that big of a bond. Atleast hopefully not as big as what She and Luffy will get, and yeah maybe they will drink to each other as brother and sister... Who knows.
Post automatically merged:

You dislike or hate him ? that's a difference. If you don't like him, fair enough because no one can be loved by everyone.
But hating someone ? really ? You hate him because he doesn't talk ? wow that's big ..
You provided nothing of substance. Your boi Shitshio calls Luffy a condom but I don't hear anybody saying he's a hater... Double Standards much?

Tbh I don't subscribe to Ace and Yamato having that big of a bond. Atleast hopefully not as big as what She and Luffy will get, and yeah maybe they will drink to each other as brother and sister... Who knows.

You provided nothing of substance. Your boi Shitshio calls Luffy a condom but I don't hear anybody saying he's a hater... Double Standards much?
Well, if she just announced that just because Luffy is Ace's brother, then she wants to ride on his ship... I think we can assume that Ace's bond with her is strong and not really a casual one... don't you think so?

The reason Yamato is so invested in Luffy is just because of Ace
the same way it was with Jinbe at first, which later grew bigger and bigger as they continued to fight alongside together were Jinbe truly grew to respect Luffy to the highest levels

Ask him why he hates Luffy because basically you hate zoro because of his fans, that's all.
For me, i love luffy just after zoro but it's true some of his decisions lead to dangerous situation which put his crew in danger like the time he stayed in seducing wood for sanji when the enraged army was coming but completely ignore nami who could have been seriously in trouble. But it's one piece and oda so i knew nami was safe but some people might not like it.

Last edited:
Well, if she just announced that just because Luffy is Ace's brother, then she wants to ride on his ship... I think we can assume that Ace's bond with her is strong and not really a casual one... don't you think so?

The reason Yamato is so invested in Luffy is just because of Ace
the same way it was with Jinbe at first, which later grew bigger and bigger as they continued to fight alongside together were Jinbe truly grew to respect Luffy to the highest levels
I'm thinking of it like she's being hasty.

Ask him why he hates Luffy because basically you hate zoro because of his fans, that's all.
For me, i love luffy just after zoro but it's true some of his decisions lead to dangerous situation who put his crew in danger like the time he stayed in seducing wood for sanji when the enraged army was coming but completely ignore nami who could have been seriously in trouble. But it's one piece and oda so i knew nami was safe but some people might not like it.
I wrote in my post, that your ignoring for some reason. Is that Zoro is a one note character. Do you read?

Eh, I like Sabo. I was a little mixed on Ace because I thought the twists in his character and parentage were great, but he was a little bit of a poochie. Sabo being alive was a great twist and I like his personality a bit more.

I uh... guess I feel sorry for a lot of people who can't stand important characters. I really enjoy virtually all of them and this manga is always a blast.

Closest that come to mind is that I don't really like where Kuzan and Borsalino stand as men.

I also can't say I have the same love for Chopper and Brooke as I do the other Straw Hats. They give Brooke some great moments but generally I find him skippable.

Marco looks like butters, but he's cool.