What series are you watching ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Best comedy on TV right now. Mike White stomps every other contenders in his category.
It never really plays like a comedy at all, there are funny aspects but none of the storylines are inherently humorous. The characters in both seasons were interesting (if a bit flat) and the writing is competent throughout, but I don’t know, it didn’t leave me feeling that impressed. Don’t get me wrong, I love School of Rock just like any other human with a pulse…this is not Mike White’s best work, let alone the best comedy currently airing.

Finished Peaky Blinders:
- Seasons 5 and 6 were basically one long season

- I heard about Polly's actress' death irl, so no wonder that it affected the storyline in a major way

- Having said that, season 6 felt starkly different compared to the rest of the show so far - there was more emotionally driven plots, less peaky blinder action

- The finale was amazing, it wrapped up a lot of storylines though some were left up in the air. I heard there was a movie in the works? Hope it clears that up

- I'm torn on Tommy's fate. On the one hand I'd have prefered
for him to finally die and rest
but on the other hand
the reveal made sense within the established gypsy tradition of dreams and whatnot

- I feel Duke was a stand in for Pol and was kinda related to her plot in the final season. I have a feeling that Pol would have
killed someone in the finale, possibly even Michael, but they incorporated Duke as a lost son and new crutch for Tommy to lean on.
I hope this gets expanded upon in an eventual movie

All in all, a very very strong 9/10. Not quite Sopranos level for me (which is a 10/10 in my book) but a great show nonetheless.

Yup
Great show with a very depressing but well deserved ending
How about you?
I did, loved all of it. Stellar storytelling, chemistry between characters and the acting was Five Stars.

I'm genuinely amazed about how Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul got so many amazing actors with such performances for them. It's very rare for a show to have such a flawless casting.

And just as much as how Vincent Gilligan and Peter Gould were able to make BCS as great if not even better than Breaking Bad.

I did, loved all of it. Stellar storytelling, chemistry between characters and the acting was Five Stars.

I'm genuinely amazed about how Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul got so many amazing actors with such performances for them. It's very rare for a show to have such a flawless casting.

And just as much as how Vincent Gilligan and Peter Gould were able to make BCS as great if not even better than Breaking Bad.
100% on the casting and acting for sure
Though, unfortunately, some characters like Gus and Mike, among others, look older in the prequel (BCS) than in BB. Ofc it's only natural - the actors are older, but it's not a deal breaker

And are BB and BCS completely original stories? As in they aren't based on any comics, books, etc? Because if so, that speaks even more to the genius of Vince and Peter

bravovince.jpg

100% on the casting and acting for sure
Though, unfortunately, some characters like Gus and Mike, among others, look older in the prequel (BCS) than in BB. Ofc it's only natural - the actors are older, but it's not a deal breaker

And are BB and BCS completely original stories? As in they aren't based on any comics, books, etc? Because if so, that speaks even more to the genius of Vince and Peter

bravovince.jpg
Breaking Bad was an entirely original story, and one that many didn't believe it at first. I read that someone scoffed at the idea of the series at first, saying that a physics/chemistry teacher becoming a drug dealer was the dumbest idea ever.

Breaking Bad was an entirely original story, and one that many didn't believe it at first. I read that someone scoffed at the idea of the series at first, saying that a physics/chemistry teacher becoming a drug dealer was the dumbest idea ever.
That's even more amazing imo
Creating a story from scratch is a risk in Hollywood today since all they like to produce is remakes of old stuff or something based on an existing IP

I'm just watching the original episode of Star Trek. I have heard and read so many times about Star Trek, and the original series in particular but without ever watching it before.

The Last of Us has a really slow pace. It's suggesting that there will be multiple seasons behind.
I think depends on how much show original stuff there will be.
You cant stretch out a game that takes 6 hours to play through to 10 hours of television if you do not add a lot of stuff.
Just from the game, they are pretty far along.

Ahahaha I keep seeing people hyping up him a lot, tons of meme comments, I'm dying to know what the fuss is all about!

I saw this the other day and was laughing my ass off, Tuco's actor is so brilliant!:

Tuco is hilarious. I remember reading his actor saying somewhere that playing Tuco was exhausting due to the hyperactivity of the character, but also the mindset he had to get to to be "in character". Great performance that goes underappreciated a lot imo.

Since you're a meme conosseur you'll love this absolutely amazing edit (edits, technically, there's a part 2 as well):