What series are you watching ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Sleeper episode:
The gang dances their asses off
It’s still in my top five or ten favorites, just perfect from start to finish…whenever my brother or I say we don’t wanna do something, the other always responds “WELL THEN YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE DROPPED OUT OF THE DANCE MARATHON, YOU OLD BITCH!!” :luffylaugh:Plus, come on, Charlie’s dance is beautiful even without being actual white hot cream, and Dennis trying to break up the engaged couple is just more deviousness from a blooming deviant (because we know he hasn’t peaked) :kailaugh:

It’s still in my top five or ten favorites, just perfect from start to finish…whenever my brother or I say we don’t wanna do something, the other always responds “WELL THEN YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE DROPPED OUT OF THE DANCE MARATHON, YOU OLD BITCH!!” :luffylaugh:Plus, come on, Charlie’s dance is beautiful even without being actual white hot cream, and Dennis trying to break up the engaged couple is just more deviousness from a blooming deviant (because we know he hasn’t peaked) :kailaugh:
Done with Season 4 just now.

This is probably the strongest season so far, woth an amazing last stretch of episodes.

I had seen the flourish the pinkie" clip on youtube hundreds of times without context and genuinely lol-ed at it. Getting to finally see it within an episode, with proper context, makes it even more amazing.

Favorite minor/recuring characters this season:
-Mac's dad (hope to see more from him soon, love this character)
- Cricket (need I say more than his name lol)
- Sinbad

A bit sad the McPoyles didn't appear in this season, but there's hope we get them in Season 5:myman:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Done with Season 4 just now.

This is probably the strongest season so far, woth an amazing last stretch of episodes.

I had seen the flourish the pinkie" clip on youtube hundreds of times without context and genuinely lol-ed at it. Getting to finally see it within an episode, with proper context, makes it even more amazing.

Favorite minor/recuring characters this season:
-Mac's dad (hope to see more from him soon, love this character)
- Cricket (need I say more than his name lol)
- Sinbad

A bit sad the McPoyles didn't appear in this season, but there's hope we get them in Season 5:myman:
Season 4 was my favorite for the longest time, and although it’s since been supplanted by season 7, it’s still one of their strongest showings to this day…I’m genuinely surprised to hear that you liked the Liberty Bell episode; a lot of folks say it’s their least favorite (I like it and definitely dislike two or three others instead), but everyone spitting in Cricket’s mouth is a terrific bit and Frank’s skunk hair alone is worth the price of admission. Anyway, enjoy season 5 and let me know what you think when you’re done…without saying anything else, you’re in for a treat with that batch of episodes :goyea::kata:

@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
Why oh why was it not a well known fact to me, even before I watched this season, that the late Roddy Piper starred in IASIP?

I had to visit imdb to absolutely make sure I wasn't seeing things. But, of course I was seeing things - the thing - Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Season 5 felt overall weaker than Season 4 to me. The D. E. N. N. I. S. system episode carries the season, in my opinion, with a few notable soundbites sprinkled throughout the rest of the episodes (e.g. "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO EAT IT WITH THE SKIN!)

Still no McPoyles:josad:

But I know that eventually they'll have to reappear because I saw scenes of a certain trial where they and the legendary attorney Jack Kelly make an appearance. Greatest legal mind with the most masculine hands I ever knew.

Favorite episode:
The D. E. N. N. I. S. system

Sleeper episodes:
The gang goes on a road trip
The gang exploits the mortage crisis

On to season 6 we go:joker:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
Why oh why was it not a well known fact to me, even before I watched this season, that the late Roddy Piper starred in IASIP?

I had to visit imdb to absolutely make sure I wasn't seeing things. But, of course I was seeing things - the thing - Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Season 5 felt overall weaker than Season 4 to me. The D. E. N. N. I. S. system episode carries the season, in my opinion, with a few notable soundbites sprinkled throughout the rest of the episodes (e.g. "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO EAT IT WITH THE SKIN!)

Still no McPoyles:josad:

But I know that eventually they'll have to reappear because I saw scenes of a certain trial where they and the legendary attorney Jack Kelly make an appearance. Greatest legal mind with the most masculine hands I ever knew.

Favorite episode:
The D. E. N. N. I. S. system

Sleeper episodes:
The gang goes on a road trip
The gang exploits the mortage crisis

On to season 6 we go:joker:
Da’ Maniac is one of the best side characters in the series, it’s a damn shame Rowdy passed so suddenly…but you’ve surprised me once again, NIP, I think a fairly sizable portion of the fandom considers season 5 (and 6) to be the strongest in the series. D.E.N.N.I.S. System is the undisputed champ, but Kitten Mittens? World Series Defense? Gang Gives Frank An Intervention? If “I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THE SKIN!!” was the best thing Mac and Dennis Break Up did, as my people say, it would have been enough; that it gave us the “Cats do not abide by the laws of nature” bit feels almost TOO generous. Very interested to hear if a certain episode in season 6 resonates with you like it does with me, it’s one that is still top 3 for me with a bullet :rosismile:

…but you’ve surprised me once again, NIP, I think a fairly sizable portion of the fandom considers season 5 (and 6) to be the strongest in the series.
How do I put it best - season 4 had more episodes that I found hilarious top to bottom, while just a few episodes fell flat.

Season 5 had notable lines in almost all episodes, but it had fewer episodes that were wall-to-wall great.

Though this is just my two cents.

Btw, did you watch What We Do In The Shadows?
I've yet to watch season 3, but I adored the first two seasons

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
How do I put it best - season 4 had more episodes that I found hilarious top to bottom, while just a few episodes fell flat.

Season 5 had notable lines in almost all episodes, but it had fewer episodes that were wall-to-wall great.

Though this is just my two cents.
Your two cents is worth much more than that, and I agree for the most part - I know I said season 4 was my favorite for a long time, but I felt season 5 was overall weaker than its predecessor while it was first airing. Even for an obsessive like me, it took a couple times watching each episode of that year before they really sank in :emohiyo:
Btw, did you watch What We Do In The Shadows?
I've yet to watch season 3, but I adored the first two seasons
Here’s a post from this very thread that I wrote back in 2020, and the seasons since then have only confirmed its accuracy:
I keep trying, but I just can’t seem to overstate how fucking funny What We Do In The Shadows is...possibly the best comedy on television at the moment.
:luffydab::akaman::cheers:

Your two cents is worth much more than that, and I agree for the most part - I know I said season 4 was my favorite for a long time, but I felt season 5 was overall weaker than its predecessor while it was first airing. Even for an obsessive like me, it took a couple times watching each episode of that year before they really sank in :emohiyo:

Here’s a post from this very thread that I wrote back in 2020, and the seasons since then have only confirmed its accuracy:

:luffydab::akaman::cheers:
We seem to share a lot of views regarding comedy:pepeshy:

Re:What we do in the shadows - I'll have to get back into it at some point. College got in the way of my season 3 watch and I just quietly dropped it in the meantime.

Thanks for your time, I really enjoy this:cheers:

G

Gorosei Informer

Just binged Record of Ragnarok recently and loved it! Can't wait for more episodes in 10 days! Gonna read the manga immediately after too!

Moving onto Hell's Paradise next, followed by A Case Study In Vanitas, Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop at minimum! (Got a lot of series lined up as I have done for ages but actually working through it now finally.)

@Jaguark101 @Jew D. Boy what. A. Banger. Of. A. Season!
Wow!

Out of the 13 episodes, I'd say just two weren't all time classics for me.
It started off very strong with classic Mac shennaigans and it just kept rolling with that great momentum.

But my absolute favorite, and the one I remember watching ages ago, was "A very Sunny Christmas"

It's the Kobe Beef of sitcom episodes with my absolute favorite IASIP line - "Did you fuck my fucking mom?"

(I'll go out on a limb and say that's the episode you were talking about being in your top 3, though a case could be made for 99% of them this season lol)

It was an absolute blast to sit through this one. Can't wait to see what S7 brings to the table:pepebusi:!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jaguark101 @Jew D. Boy what. A. Banger. Of. A. Season!
Wow!

Out of the 13 episodes, I'd say just two weren't all time classics for me.
It started off very strong with classic Mac shennaigans and it just kept rolling with that great momentum.

But my absolute favorite, and the one I remember watching ages ago, was "A very Sunny Christmas"

It's the Kobe Beef of sitcom episodes with my absolute favorite IASIP line - "Did you fuck my fucking mom?"

(I'll go out on a limb and say that's the episode you were talking about being in your top 3, though a case could be made for 99% of them this season lol)

It was an absolute blast to sit through this one. Can't wait to see what S7 brings to the table:pepebusi:!
The Christmas episode is a landmark for sure, that scene you mentioned and Frank popping out of the couch are two of their finest moments!! However, it’s not the one I love the best; I am constantly surprised on rewatches by how hard I laugh at every single line of Who Got Dee Pregnant? and would put it up against any episode of any other TV comedy ever written with full confidence that it would be funnier :lunazing:

That being said, you’re finally at my favorite season, and my very top favorite episode is in there…if it doesn’t have you crying and howling, I’ll have to permanently kick you out of Jamie Nelson’s pool (RIP) :crybeard: