What was the last movie you watched?

The Equalizer 3: better than the second one, not as good as the first but I still enjoyed watching Denzel violently kicking some asses
Nah, they skipped the most interesting part with introduction. The rest was an ordinary action movie.
Post automatically merged:

I watched Fight club yesterday. Crazy plot twist. Very relevant message for what we are living today.
Watch The Thirteenth Floor. U will like it.

I guess nobody really talked about Fight Club if it stayed hidden away from you this long. :sanmoji:
The first rule of the fight club:never talk about the fight club.

Nah, they skipped the most interesting part with introduction. The rest was an ordinary action movie.

Watch The Thirteenth Floor. U will like it.
I will look it up.thnx.

G

Gorosei Informer

I saw Hoodwinked Too/2 recently, better than I expected. Not as bad as the reviews kept claiming at all. I was a huge fan of the original at least too so I went in very skeptical and found myself actually really enjoying and laughing at it.
The first one did set pretty high standards in its own way but the 2nd one was still reasonably decent and made me laugh a lot, so can't go wrong there at all. I thought the writing was decent and I liked the villains and characterisation, plus the singing goat really made me laugh hard by the end of the film and Hansel and Gretel were great characters especially, along with the Woodsman and his yodelling ninja mercenaries or w/e lol.
Solid 8/10 at least.

Can't remember what else I've watched lately, been too busy gaming and with other things, but I wanna see Blue Beetle and Black Adam (for Pierce Brosnans Dr Fate only) and I've got a ton of movies and shows to watch too.

G

Gorosei Informer

Rewatched Ant Man And The Wasp, better than I remember. I used to hate it but now I like it a lot more, not the most brilliant or entertaining film but I like the cast, tone and humour a lot. Some of them really carry the film and I adore Paul Rudd and his take on Ant-Man especially. 7/10 I think is fair? Or 8 at maximum?

I liked the "villains" a lot and I hope "Ghost" returns sooner or later, "no bias" of course, well actually....lmao. There were some pretty cool and fun scenes and CGI/special FX and such, Ant-Man woks extremely well for that fun and wow factor too. Ghost really made me think of Reaper from Overwatch too. A lot of similiarity, so Blizzard probably took inspiration from Ghost for Reaper ofc, as Marvel's Ghost has existed decades before Reaper too ofc lol.

Luis is always great too, hilarious, charming, fun character too lol.

Also watched Ant-Man Quantumania yesterday, definitely a drastic change in tone and more of a setup film, which was kinda frustrating and it did get a bit too serious, bleak and drag on. There also some things I didn't like outright but rather not elaborate on. I did end up liking the film though, Cassies new actress is decent and "MODOK" was not as awful as I expected and felt a little sorry for him by the end, he ended up being quite endearing by then but I cannot stand MODOK in general and just the sight of him grosses me out massively lol. Not the best CGI with him either exactly, reminds of the terrible CGI with Heimdall's son in Thor Love and Thunder.

Film wasn't truly brilliant but not terrible either, just fairly decent at best. Kang's actor was really good imo, especially by the bonus scenes, although I've not seen the Loki series so can't comment on him there but I am VERY hyped after what I've seen now. It will be great to have another super villain puppet master ultimate threat to worry about like with Thanos all over again.

There was a pretty awesome scene of Ant-Man going savage as he went giant and slammed Kang against the wall too, loved that moment. Nice to see Paul show a more brutal, wrathful and thus serious and angrier side there too. I like Michael Douglas as Hank a lot too and him coming to the rescue with the evolved ants was awesome too.

Also the scene with Paul rapidly "cloning" and the million of variants of him and them interacting and working together was excellent too. Nice "foreshadowing" too for Kang as well!

I'd give this a 6 or 7 out of 10 at maximum anyway. Maybe 7 tbh. Lower than the previous films definitely but still decent-ish.

I like it when Marvel and DC take themselves less seriously and allow more creativity, weirdness and "fun", as well as humour too. But still needs some seriousness, gravitas, drama, tension etc ofc.

Rewatched Ant Man And The Wasp, better than I remember. I used to hate it but now I like it a lot more, not the most brilliant or entertaining film but I like the cast, tone and humour a lot. Some of them really carry the film and I adore Paul Rudd and his take on Ant-Man especially. 7/10 I think is fair? Or 8 at maximum?

I liked the "villains" a lot and I hope "Ghost" returns sooner or later, "no bias" of course, well actually....lmao. There were some pretty cool and fun scenes and CGI/special FX and such, Ant-Man woks extremely well for that fun and wow factor too. Ghost really made me think of Reaper from Overwatch too. A lot of similiarity, so Blizzard probably took inspiration from Ghost for Reaper ofc, as Marvel's Ghost has existed decades before Reaper too ofc lol.

Luis is always great too, hilarious, charming, fun character too lol.

Also watched Ant-Man Quantumania yesterday, definitely a drastic change in tone and more of a setup film, which was kinda frustrating and it did get a bit too serious, bleak and drag on. There also some things I didn't like outright but rather not elaborate on. I did end up liking the film though, Cassies new actress is decent and "MODOK" was not as awful as I expected and felt a little sorry for him by the end, he ended up being quite endearing by then but I cannot stand MODOK in general and just the sight of him grosses me out massively lol. Not the best CGI with him either exactly, reminds of the terrible CGI with Heimdall's son in Thor Love and Thunder.

Film wasn't truly brilliant but not terrible either, just fairly decent at best. Kang's actor was really good imo, especially by the bonus scenes, although I've not seen the Loki series so can't comment on him there but I am VERY hyped after what I've seen now. It will be great to have another super villain puppet master ultimate threat to worry about like with Thanos all over again.

There was a pretty awesome scene of Ant-Man going savage as he went giant and slammed Kang against the wall too, loved that moment. Nice to see Paul show a more brutal, wrathful and thus serious and angrier side there too. I like Michael Douglas as Hank a lot too and him coming to the rescue with the evolved ants was awesome too.

Also the scene with Paul rapidly "cloning" and the million of variants of him and them interacting and working together was excellent too. Nice "foreshadowing" too for Kang as well!

I'd give this a 6 or 7 out of 10 at maximum anyway. Maybe 7 tbh. Lower than the previous films definitely but still decent-ish.

I like it when Marvel and DC take themselves less seriously and allow more creativity, weirdness and "fun", as well as humour too. But still needs some seriousness, gravitas, drama, tension etc ofc.
Ant man 2 far better movie than the garbage that was ant man 3 imo

G

Gorosei Informer

Ant man 2 far better movie than the garbage that was ant man 3 imo
Aye thats fair, a lot of people seem to hate Antman 3 and I don't blame them either. Dr Strange 2 was awful for me too, but I've been enjoying Benedict as Strange, but they butchered his 2nd movie so hard.

I think I'm being more favourable to AM3 as I like the cast a lot and they carried it hard for me, generally the film was not great at all. I was definitely getting more bored with it unlike previous films and I can def agree on AM2 being far better too.

Aye thats fair, a lot of people seem to hate Antman 3 and I don't blame them either. Dr Strange 2 was awful for me too, but I've been enjoying Benedict as Strange, but they butchered his 2nd movie so hard.

I think I'm being more favourable to AM3 as I like the cast a lot and they carried it hard for me, generally the film was not great at all. I was definitely getting more bored with it unlike previous films and I can def agree on AM2 being far better too.
The thing with Dr Strange 2 was that it was a wanda movie and not a Dr strange one. Hence I didn't enjoyed it that much.

G

Gorosei Informer

The thing with Dr Strange 2 was that it was a wanda movie and not a Dr strange one. Hence I didn't enjoyed it that much.
Yeah exactly! His film was hijacked by her mostly at least and somewhat by Chavez too, so frustrating! Could have done a Scarlet film separately but they don't want to see to give her one, just like how how they never gave Widow one until she died, the assholes lmao.

Strange deserves so much better. Elizabeth is fantastic but it was not her film and not fair on Benedict and thus Strange. So much wasted potential for both Strange and the House of M baiting sigh...

Still waiting for fucking Mephisto too lol.

Yeah exactly! His film was hijacked by her mostly at least and somewhat by Chavez too, so frustrating! Could have done a Scarlet film separately but they don't want to see to give her one, just like how how they never gave Widow one until she died, the assholes lmao.

Strange deserves so much better. Elizabeth is fantastic but it was not her film and not fair on Benedict and thus Strange. So much wasted potential for both Strange and the House of M baiting sigh...

Still waiting for fucking Mephisto too lol.
Exactly. If the movie was renamed to wanda , I would have given this movie 9/10. Olsen's acting was top tier but I didn't go to theatres for a wanda movie. Dr strange 2 had so much potential. Damn shame.

G

Gorosei Informer

Exactly. If the movie was renamed to wanda , I would have given this movie 9/10. Olsen's acting was top tier but I didn't go to theatres for a wanda movie. Dr strange 2 had so much potential. Damn shame.
Exactly man! As a Wanda movie in disguise it was excellent except what they did to the Illuminati especially the true OG Xavier and MCU Mr Fantastic but Elizabeth really was top tier in acting too, Kaido tier even worororo!