What was the last movie you watched?

When Evil Lurks (2023)

A great Argentinian horror movie. Grounded enough that the practical effects don't feel out of place, and supernatural enough to give you that shiver down your spine.

It's a blend of posession and deadly virus horror tropes, but done in a really creative way. And on a smaller scale, which helps immersion imo

10/10

Also saw:
A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (2014)

The story is solid enough, but it just didn't jive with me. The execution felt too pretentious

6/10

Ready or not (2019)
Extremely fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. The cast does a great job of playing unhinged, higher class assholes.
One nitpick is that I would have prefered a bit more action, but overall a great movie.

9/10

Creep (2014)
Psychological horror found footage film. This genre is iffy usually, but this movie is one of the good entries. Strong, self contained plot, nothing too flashy, very believable stalker/psycho villain. Especially in this age of online stalking and weird requests.
Would recommend heartily.

9/10

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Inherent Vice (2014) - 5/5. Just to note I have seen this film before back in 2019 but I decided to watch it again because I saw the trailer again on Youtube (Its a great trailer, I'll link it at the end). I think this film is a great neo-noir comedy in the same vein as The big lebowski, its essentially a stoner film which you can put on and just chill with, the plot is a bit convoluted (its meant to be) but the main attraction is the cast and characters which inhabit this film and the melancholy feel it has all over it regarding nostalgia and regrets, its a fascinating watch.

Inherent Vice (2014) - 5/5. Just to note I have seen this film before back in 2019 but I decided to watch it again because I saw the trailer again on Youtube (Its a great trailer, I'll link it at the end). I think this film is a great neo-noir comedy in the same vein as The big lebowski, its essentially a stoner film which you can put on and just chill with, the plot is a bit convoluted (its meant to be) but the main attraction is the cast and characters which inhabit this film and the melancholy feel it has all over it regarding nostalgia and regrets, its a fascinating watch.
PTA’s last great craft :josad:
Post automatically merged:

Mars Express. Great piece of French animation. Currently airing in France. It is one of these adult animation movies. I really enjoyed it except the ending that I couldn’t fully understand lmao

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree, Phantom Thread (2017) is his best film imo.
I guess it always ends up depending on sensibilities. I was a big fan of his, but with his last two films he completely lost me. There is substance lacking for me that others may find that I do not.

His best movie is certainly There Will Be Blood. I've grown old, grumpy and cynical in my tastes in the last decade. I guess One Piece is probably the only "light-hearted" fiction that I somewhat enjoy.