What was the last movie you watched?

The marketing team for Barbie is filled with big brained geniuses. They alone probably bought the movie an extra two hundred million of which it doesn't deserve. Anyone that has seen the movie so far, hates it.

What's cringier:
- Honesty Impact
- Now I ma become death, destroyer of worlds.

Keep in mind, only one sentence was said irl
Oppenheimer mistranslated the Bhagavad Gita. The real quote is: “I am time, the destroyer of worlds”.

It actually makes sense in the story, because God says those words. And in Hinduism, it’s thought that everything eventually gets destroyed with time.

Papillon (2017)

I found that I quite enjoy Charlie Hunnam's work. The movie's story is nothing to write home about - it's a bit of a cliche, but it hits all the necessary notes to make the movie cohesive.

The sets and cinematography are amazing imo. I love the South American/Caribbean aesthetic, and the period clothing as well.

Rami Malek is also in it, but compared to Hunnam's performance I find Malek to be sub par. Though, I don't understand the hype around him in general.

Due to some repetitive story beats, I'd give it a 6/10 for rewatch value, but 8/10 as a one off

G

Gorosei Informer

I saw Across The Spiderverse recently, forgot to mention. Absolutely enjoyed it, way more than the 1st film too. Extremely excited for the next one too!

Brilliant humour, visuals, animation, some great new characters and also writing and storylines for Miles, Gwen, Miguel and such. Was way better than I expected and immensely glad I gave it a chance and saw it at the cinema especially too. Really appreciated the Indian Spiderman and how much focus he got too.

Honestly a 10/10 easily. 9/10 at absolute worst. The ending is a huge cliffhanger and its an incomplete story, concluding in a 3rd film early next year, similar to some other films have been doing lately (Infinity War and Endgame come to mind especially) too.

He's genuinely my favourite Spiderman now too and my favourite Spiderman film too. Sure there's recency bias and Raimi's/Maguire's 2nd Spiderman film was my previous favourite of the Spidey films or actually No Way Home was after seeing it to think of it BUT this film is really fantastic too.

I wish I had written this sooner, when the film was still fresher in my mind, but I'm gonna buy it and rewatch it someday too. I'm so glad to see stellar films still being made these days, like Puss In Boots 2 for example. Including some unexpected hits too!

Spiderman: Across the Spider-Verse.
10/10

Very fun and dramatic movie at the same time. The animation and comics culture are amazing. The chemistry between the characters is great. Lots of awesome music too.

Some may miss all the comic books and other Spiderman movies stuff, or find the movie and its multiverse setting to be too confusing and convoluted but I liked it.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
OPPENHEIMER (2023)- 5/5- This might be Nolan's best film... I really need to think though. Cillian Murphy was amazing as always and should be a lock for a best actor nomination but RDJ was the standout! what a performance he should hopefully get the best supporting actor nomination. The ost was great especially during his speech at the makeshift gym after the Bomb went off the use of the thundering feet in the ost mixed in with the screams and the white hazy lighting was unsettling. The entire final hour was intense.

BARBIE (2023)- 4/5- Probably one of the most fun and enjoyable films I've seen this year with all round great performances but I have to give a special shout out to our boy Ryan gosling, he stole the film and I hope he gets a best supporting actor nomination as well because this might be my favorite performance of his. Margot Robbie is excellent as always the Perfect Barbie casting choice with a satisfying character arc. The scenes with Will ferrel dragged though, but other than that no other complaints.