What was the last movie you watched?

Sound of Freedom

A good film that made me think at some points, more than any other film in the last five years. It's horrible to know that these things are happening somewhere right now, but at the same time the film also gives hope. It's good that this topic is now getting more public attention.

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
A Bittersweet life (2005) - 4.5/5. This is an amazing film with a powerful performance by Lee Byung-Hun. In a way it reminded me of Drive mixed with John wick but with more contemplation, the soundtrack is great and the film is shot beautifully. I highly recommend this if you are a fan of South Korean cinema.

G

Gorosei Informer

Clue (once again for the 100th time in a row) probably a comfort movie for me. Mostly.

I was just recommending this to my boss yesterday! Wow haha! Great film. Multiple endings too. I need to rewatch it soon!

I saw Pan finally, the one with Blackbeard played by Hugh Jack man doing an incredibly uncanny impression of Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow and him and a ton of kids singing Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana for some reason! (Always a great song though ESPECIALLY with a choir!)
Very Pirates Of The Carribean vibes with the film anyway. It was surprisingly decent.
7/10 at least.

I rewatched Disneys Hercules and its even more fantastic, wonderful, epic, cleverer and funnier than I remember! Insane amounts of wit and extraordinary small details that really enhance the film tenfold!
The music is absolutely GODLY, as never more appropriate here too!
10/10 not even a shred of hesitation on that!

Spiderman: Across the Spider-Verse.
10/10

Very fun and dramatic movie at the same time. The animation and comics culture are amazing. The chemistry between the characters is great. Lots of awesome music too.

Some may miss all the comic books and other Spiderman movies stuff, or find the movie and its multiverse setting to be too confusing and convoluted but I liked it.
I'm really glad you enjoyed ATSV so much too Buu-San!
This guys channel who I already enjoyed for his League/Arcane content, made Spiderverse even MORE better too somehow!:

A truly, extremely, passionately, ingenious written film!
Post automatically merged:

I've got a TON of new films from work, I get them for absolute peanuts and keep forgetting to mention them here!
Got a huge list to conquer and talk about!

I saw this film ages ago BTW, it's called Killing Gunther with Arnold Schwarzenegger and it was very charmingly funny and darkly hilarious too! Arnie clearly had a LOT of fun with the film and it shows! Very fun film! I give it an 8 or maybe a 9?

I've got another movie of his called Aftermath lined up to watch and it sounds very interesting. A very sombre, intense revenge thriller from the look of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldboy (Korean version)

All in all a very good movie, and for its time surely a trend setter.
However, the plot felt like the writers were just trying to pile on twist after twist that we ended up with a convoluted last third. A movie that amps up its already complex plot just to be even more complex.

The performances are amazing, especially Dae-suhn's breakdown.

If I had watched it while I was still a movie noob, it would've been a 11/10 no questions asked.
But now, I gotta say it's probably an 8/10.
8.5/10 max

Oldboy (Korean version)

All in all a very good movie, and for its time surely a trend setter.
However, the plot felt like the writers were just trying to pile on twist after twist that we ended up with a convoluted last third. A movie that amps up its already complex plot just to be even more complex.

The performances are amazing, especially Dae-suhn's breakdown.

If I had watched it while I was still a movie noob, it would've been a 11/10 no questions asked.
But now, I gotta say it's probably an 8/10.
8.5/10 max
I like it but it is not Park Chan-Wook's best work even if it is regarded as such.
Nevertheless, there is actually a lot of things going on on a metaphorical level depicting SK's development from the 80s to the 2000s, but it is something that will not be apparent for people without any knowledge about the time period. The year he was imprisoned and the duration of his imprisonment are not a coincidence.
It is alluded to though through the TV montage in the beginning.

My favorites are Lady Vengeance and The Handmaiden.