Questions & Mysteries What will BlackBeard’s third devil fruit be?

What will BB’s 3rd fruit be

• Total voters

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
I think BB having Kaido DF can be as interesting as Oda wanted to be, since he have two other DFs, am not worried much about it being interesting since I don't see Oda focusing on making BB repeating Kaido moves, BB powers will be interesting mainly because of how he will mix his different powers and make his unique fighting style that only he can achieve

you have made a solid connection bwirh Teach supposedly representing a Devil, but am not sure the evidence is there that the connection here is about his DF, maybe Teach is just special period and the connection will be more about his past rather than his future

I have many reasons to believe BB is taking Kaido fruit honestly, there's no definitive proof but the build up and hints are very strong

1) BB now have Moria, I don't believe for one second Moria is not getting involved in Kaido saga, Especially when BB himself have solid reasons to be involved

2) one of the main traits that BB pirates have is they steal DFs, it was treated as a major plot point when Jinbe talked about it, this is something that will affect the plot for sure meaning we will see BB do it, he will still more DFs on panel, and he will do it to major characters ( otherwise it won't affect the plot much)

3) BB connection to Rocks are rather obvious, but so is Kaido, BB and Kaido actually share many similarities , and those similarities trail back to Rocks

similar to Rocks both BB and Kaido main plan was form a crew from the most dangerous and well known pirates in the world, BB infiltrated ID for that cause, and Kaido has been recruiting strong pirates for years

both BB and Kaido also want to turn their islands to a paradise for pirates

I don't think this is a coincidence , both characters are influenced by the same person, Wich will lead to their conflict, I totally imagine a scenario where most pirates on beehive island leave teach to join Kaido after they hear Wano is the new paradise, leading to BB plan to kill Kaido

4) BB presence in Ace flashback and story overall, I don't think it was just a nod, teach thought Ace wanted to take Kaido because he's a big shot, because that's something BB would want to do as well, BB will give it a shot for his own reasons that's what I took from that flashback

5) the abilities that BB crew have will be used for such scenarios, at this point we know Oda well enough to conclude a crew who have someone with invisibility fruit and someone who can copy people appearance and someone who can hypnotize people will definitely have moments where they trick everybody either with a shocking appearance or trying to trick and backstab someone...ect

am confident BB third DF is Kaido DF, and will happen way later, because Kaido falling is still far off from happening anyway
Found a fan art with the artist basically giving BB the devil devil/Akuma Akuma Zoan fruit which were talking about to solo the three admirals :steef:

This is based on the iconic visual representation of Lucifer popularized by Dante, who described him as having three heads and three pairs of bat-like wings. Interestingly, Dante places Lucifer in the 9th circle of hell, the circle of treachery, under Judecca which is where the "traitors to their lords and benefactors" are punished. Specifically, he's there for having betrayed his "father". I think BB having some sort of "devil" devil fruit would be fun as a contrast to Sengoku ( I also tought of naming it akuma akuma "akuma no mi" for the 3 pun lol).
By @Shudk from Reddit (don't know if he's the same person on WG)

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Personally I think it will be the dragon fruit after he kills Kaido
Dragon is the only legitimate option out of those you presented.

BB already had the chance to kill Marco and take his fruit, but he passed on it.

The Hippo fruit is a meme option. It's at best a mid tier Zoan and has no utility to BB.

BB isn't the one to kill Kaido though, and at this point I'm sceptical he'll get his fruit.

• I don't think that it will be Kaido's fruit. I think it would be very reduntant if Luffy had to deal with the same thing again after it was fully explored in his fight with Kaido.

• I also don't think it will be Marco's fruit. If that was what Oda was going for he had the best opportunity to do so by making Blackbeard acquire that fruit in the Payback War. But he didn't.

• I think that it will be a fruit that we haven't really seen before. And it will be a Mythical Zoan.

Found a fan art with the artist basically giving BB the devil devil/Akuma Akuma Zoan fruit which were talking about to solo the three admirals :steef:

By @Shudk from Reddit (don't know if he's the same person on WG)
Yup that's me, thank you for sharing it here! :amazing:
Some people pointed out to me that the name Akuma Akuma doesn't work, beacause japanese DF names only have 2 syllabes.
Instead it should be Hito Hito model Akuma (Human Human model Devil)

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kame Kame no Mi; Model: Genbu (Black Tortoise)
A mythical Zoan that gives him a boost in his defense
Rather than have a dragon fruit again I prefer something different
Nah. Blackbeard is getting the most powerful Zoan Devil Fruit. There's no reason to think Genbu is more powerful than Seiryu. Seiryu already grants one a toughness that cannot be properly overcome except with Conqueror's Haki.

Yup that's me, thank you for sharing it here! :amazing:
Some people pointed out to me that the name Akuma Akuma doesn't work, beacause japanese DF names only have 2 syllabes.
Instead it should be Hito Hito model Akuma (Human Human model Devil)
You're welcome, i have found it after a weird coincidence when i was searching for demonic BB references. This fruit could possibly be linked with King's race, could be the national treasure of his people.

sorry for my bad grammar

i think black beard third devil fruit is a myhtical zoan anansi , a myhtical creature from caribean.
Anansi is a spider god who want to have all the story in the world, so he asked all of it to Nyame, the almighty creator. To accomplished that, he tricked all of their target and in the end he gained all of the story around the world.

here're the reasons:

First, Oda have a thematic world building for each saga. he include the power of main villan to suit with the theme

a. alabasta with Eastern Mediterranean style, crocodile have a power of sand
b. skypia, the could island, enel with the power of lightning
c. water 7, story of betrayal and spy, rob lucy with the power of leopard (quickest creature, an assasin need to be quick)
d. so on until big mom in fairy tale world, she have a Soru Soru no Mi to bring soul into object like in disney fairy tale
e. and kaido dragon, the strongest creature in japan folklore.

For black beard case, we know that he is in Hachinosu of the pirate island. I think oda Inspired Hachinosu from Nassau on New Providence island in the Bahamas, Carribean. So the power must suit with the legend around them. even the beard and the acessories represent for a carribean pirates

Second, The most similar creature in the carribean who suit with black beard is anansi.

- Anansi known as a trickster who suit with teach personality
- Anansi was often celebrated as a symbol of slave resistance and survival. Like Teach who recruit a member from impeldown
- Anansi can shapeshift to spider that suit with teach jolly roger of the eight bone. three skull represent of the 3 devil fruits
- To gain all the knowlege of the world, Anansi must kill 3 creature for Nyame. Black beard already kill 2, and he gain power from them.
- Anansi have a big hind and small head just like Teach.

Third, the power

- Black beard have the most 2 powerful devil fruit rn. He have the power to nullify and annihilation from yami yami no mi and total destuction from gura gura no mi. The concept of material is can be break, change and create to knew one.
- Anansi is often credited in some stories with the creation of the Sun, the Moon, the stars, and the planets. From this i think the last power of black beard is making a new shape of material from materials that he absorb.