Current Events What's up With Zoro vs Lucci?

Is Lucci Zoro's big fight in Egghead?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think this arc will get proper vs fights, the lesser SHs didn't get anything, Sanji too at least until now. Lucci got beaten pretty fast by Luffy and now Zoro is vs somebody who has already been beaten by Luffy. Then Zoro is not going all out at all while Lucci is using awakening but I was quite surprised to see the bruises over Zoro, but I get this not serious Zoro and Lucci simply get equal damage and that is it.

At the start i was saying that Zoro will not gain anything from his fight with Lucci, as well as Luffy will not gain anything from his fight with Kizaru.

Since we learnt that Saturn would be there and Oda teased the gorosei's powers, i believed that Saturn would be Luffy's main opponent. That would make the next two in power, Kizaru and Lucci, Zoro and Sanji's opponents (Zoro vs Kizaru and Lucci vs Sanji). These are some matchups that the crew can gain strength from.

Oda was setting the scene like the chess master he is. The only one that can maybe stall Saturn until Luffy will recover now is Zoro since he is the only one other that Luffy that can use haoshoku. And since this would be the case, Sanji will have to deal with Lucci. Luffy must recover fast, before Kizaru stands again, and when Luffy fights Saturn, Zoro will have to keep Kizaru busy.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Next chapter Zoro will likely defeat Lucci
You're beginning to sound like Luffy fans.

@Thread
Lucci has to be strong enough to stall Zoro in the first place. Pica excuse doesn't work since Lucci is directly engaged with Zoro in CQC. He's not just playing hide and seek. And Zoro has already tapped into green aura and even CoC last we've seen him, so obviously Oda intends it to be serious, we didn't see that against the Seraphim, which was the real stall segment of this arc.

@Thread
Lucci has to be strong enough to stall Zoro in the first place. Pica excuse doesn't work since Lucci is directly engaged with Zoro in CQC. He's not just playing hide and seek. And Zoro has already tapped into green aura and even CoC last we've seen him, so obviously Oda intends it to be serious, we didn't see that against the Seraphim, which was the real stall segment of this arc.
Apoo also stalled Zoro and X-Drake in a 2 v 1 very well until Kiku's arm fell through the hole. Zoro finally woke the fuck up from his dithering and blitz Apoo, nabbing the antidote from him. Yes Zoro is outputting more Haki, but none of this really means anything if Zoro isn't unleashing named attacks other than Lucci being a much stronger combatant than Zoro's usual prey. Zoro still stalling himself by fighting at the level of his opps.

@Thread
I believe round 1 of egghead is ending with Saturn's entrance signalling that. The arc takes a different turn so either Zoro vs Lucci concluded or stops as well for whatever reason.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Apoo also stalled Zoro and X-Drake in a 2 v 1 very well until Kiku's arm fell through the hole. Zoro finally woke the fuck up from his dithering and blitz Apoo, nabbing the antidote from him. Yes Zoro is outputting more Haki, but none of this really means anything if Zoro isn't unleashing named attacks other than Lucci being a much stronger combatant than Zoro's usual prey. Zoro still stalling himself by fighting at the level of his opps.
Well the comparison fails the instant you realize Zoro is using his wano powerup.

Typically when it comes to irrelevant stall pieces Zoro is not busting out big modes. It's already past the stage of anything mentioned in this thread.

That's not just some side note, it's the meat and bones of the argument.

Even if the fight remains inconclusive, we already know Zoro has been engaged with Lucci in his Wano PU state.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well the comparison fails the instant you realize Zoro is using his wano powerup.

Typically when it comes to irrelevant stall pieces Zoro is not busting out big modes. It's already past the stage of anything mentioned in this thread.

Even if the fight remains inconclusive, we already know Zoro has been engaged with Lucci in his Wano PU state.
Hes using no power up. He's not even using 3 swords any more. You been exposed. This is nothing more than an apoo 2.0

Lucci and Zoro are going all out and both are going toe to toe with each other.
this is pathetic....blinded by agenda....do you know what it means for Zoro do go all out?

There was only 1 occasion over the rootop fight in which Zoro was really tested to go all out despite his huge nerft which was when he used Asura against Kaido (Zoro stated that it is the extend of his current power)

How in the world can you say, Zoro is going all out while in this current chapter is using 2 blades and in the previous chapter with had 2 panel in which Zoro was starting to release some haki in the final panel while not being totally serious (just stalling Lucci)

Let not pretend that Zoro stated that he aint impressed at all by Lucci awakening:suresure:
Post automatically merged:

you sure about taht? cuz we have 2 fuking panel and only in the last picture we can see Zoro release haki from his blade but how can you call it is power up when he is not apling it into name attack like Luffy did with his g5 or you are forgetting the fact that even the nika nika god shit luffy clashed equally with lucci? The fight endend only after Luffy 3 names attack while using his strongest form

Not only that but todays chapter it looks Zoro aint even using koh or 3 blades so much about his PU....

Last edited:
This is why ive said in repeat that recycling villains for Zoro make no sense. Plot wise, sure, he can hold him off, but its clear to me that something will shift and they'll stop fighting in the end.

Luffy already mopped the floor with Lucci so to speak, and not 15 chapters ago were they fighting side by side against Seraphim. You also have Lucci's cover story, which already paints him in a protagonist role.

I would wait and see what Saturn ends up doing, but I can almost see Lucci switching sides properly. It just depends on what ends up happening.

As for a true Zoro fight, this is why I say dont sleep on the VAs. Sure, some of them seem goofy (at least the 2 this chapter), but so far Oda hasnt really touched on 3 of them that could very well be more interesting than initially thought.

Kizaru is probably still Luffy's fight until the end, and Saturn still feels like a deeper threat to the arc itself, not necessarily anyone's particular fight.

Like you said, Rootbeer was right all along.

Zoro doesn't have CoC proven by him vs Lucci.

Luffy thought Lucci might be big problem. He fought him and assessed Lucci could take out most of his crew so he tried to make Lucci only target himself. Same as with Aokiji. Luffy later saw Zoro handle Lucci, not without trouble but well enough so he could go focus on other things.

Zoro thought Lucci might be big problem with Luffy gone. He is now fighting him and assessed Lucci can't deal with Luffy and also not himself (as evidence by no bandana or three sword style). But Zoro has clearly assessed that Lucci is very strong and capable of taking out most of the crew so Zoro has to hold him. At the same time Zoro knows he needs to conserve stamina in case he needs to help Luffy or deal with Vice Admirals.

If the situation allows for it, and Zoro assesses they are up for it, he could hand over Lucci to Sanji or Jinbei. But unless he thinks they can handle Lucci he is stuck trying to take him down while wasting as little stamina as possible.