Character Discussion Who is less evil between Kaido and Big Mom?

Who is less evil?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Kaido wants a great war to both die gloriously in and drag the world nobles (and assumingly, everyone else) down onto his level. He's fine with having everyone in a country work to death as slaves to further this cause. The damages done to Wano during his tenure as its guardian deity do not matter to him in the slightest, if anything it's a joke for Kaido.

Compared to Linlin who has a rather childish approach to wanting equality in the world, is horribly rude and demeaning to all of her children, two faced and willing to destroy countries for sweets. I think Linlin is less evil simply because her goal isn't destruction but bringing people together (underneath her) and in Tottoland, it didn't seem like people were suffering that much. You have the risks of a hunger pains Linlin rampaging, sure, you gotta pay a bit of your lifespan as a tax, whatever. But at least you were protected from the outside world, seemingly had decent jobs and quality of life.

Contrasting Tottoland to Wano, Kaido was literally killing the land itself.

Kaidou is less evil, Big Mom kills her children on a whim and enslaves them.

Kaidou actually respects and shows empathy for his crewmates at the very least.
Good point there, Kaido has a lot of respect for his strong underlings. The others? He will drunkenly play baseball with them. Linlin has zero respect for anyone else out there, bar possibly Kaido himself.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

In chapter 999, Big Mom still showed concern about Kaidou(Onigashima) landing on the Flower Capital , which would result in thousands of subordinates being killed, while Kaidou didn't seem to care and said that new slaves are easy to obtain. This is just one of the countless other insane atrocities committed by Kaidou.

Even under the regime of Orochi, which was falsely led by him, it wouldn't be as bad if Kaidou didn't exist. There wouldn't be polluted rivers, and even the number of slaves in Udon would be smaller, orochi wouldn't even be alive if Kaidou hadn't saved him when Yasui challenged him.

With Kaidou in power, there was slavery and famine, and women were killing their own babies. Kaidou went even further with the new Onigashima, where even children would be enslaved, he called Orochi, who was already nothing decent, a weakling.

An admiral fearing Kaidou is a result of numerous stories about his brutality. Since Big Mom doesn't have this level of presence in the world of One Piece, it's obvious that Kaidou is winning in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Junatic

Lunatic Queen
BM's mentally ill and suffers from childhood trauma, she's evil as a result but she's not inherently evil. The way she was during her childhood and after her memory loss at Wano showed us what kind of person she'd be if wasn't for those unfortunate circumstances that shaped the person she became.

Kaido just chose to be evil as far as we know.

Gotta go w/ BM here.

Kaidou is less evil, Big Mom kills her children on a whim and enslaves them.

Kaidou actually respects and shows empathy for his crewmates at the very least.
Post where BM just killed her children or enslaved them while being mentally stable

Linlin only attacked people who betrayed her : Chiffon and Pralee.
She was never shown beating her children
She only killed Moscato when she was in her craze tantrum mode.
She has never enslaved her children. This is a lie

You literally have people living in her empire without looking miserable
People only fear her when she's in her tantrum mode where she can do bad things.

As long as you're good and loyal to her, she won't kill you or harm you.
Even if you betray her, she would put you in jail than kill you if you're her child or strong ally

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Post where BM just killed her children or enslaved them while being mentally stable

Linlin only attacked people who betrayed her : Chiffon and Pralee.
She was never shown beating her children
She only killed Moscato when she was in her craze tantrum mode.
She has never enslaved her children. This is a lie

You literally have people living in her empire without looking miserable
People only fear her when she's in her tantrum mode where she can do bad things.

As long as you're good and loyal to her, she won't kill you or harm you.
Even if you betray her, she would put you in jail than kill you if you're her child or strong ally
My argument for Big Mom being more evil is I can place Big Mom into all of the situations that make Kaidou evil and she doesn't bat an eye. Murder, war, it's all just a game to her.

Whereas with Kaidou, there are things he does which Big Mom does not replicate. Like respecting or showing empathy towards his most valuable underlings. Big Mom takes the fact that her children follow her for granted. Kaidou doesn't.

My argument for Big Mom being more evil is I can place Big Mom into all of the situations that make Kaidou evil and she doesn't bat an eye. Murder, war, it's all just a game to her.

Whereas with Kaidou, there are things he does which Big Mom does not replicate. Like respecting or showing empathy towards his most valuable underlings. Big Mom takes the fact that her children follow her for granted. Kaidou doesn't.
BM isn't evil as Kaido
Firstly she negociate more than Kaido does
Kaido doesn't care if it's a child or not, even if you did him good.

Your hate for BM is just silly
Post automatically merged:

First you lie thay she enslave her kids and also kill them on a whim (as if she ever did this many times or even when she's stable)

ZenZu

BM isn't evil as Kaido
Firstly she negociate more than Kaido does
Kaido doesn't care if it's a child or not, even if you did him good.

Your hate for BM is just silly
Post automatically merged:

First you lie thay she enslave her kids and also kill them on a whim (as if she ever did this many times or even when she's stable)
Why is saying BM more evil than Kaidou hate for BM tf?

BM treats Pudding like a tool, she doesn't even see her as a human, she's a pure slave.

ZenZu

If we are talking about how she treats her close ones she is more evil than Kaido. But unlike him, he treats her citizens better
To me, a good litmus test to see how fucked up someone is, is how they treat those close to themselves. Cause if BM is willing to treat her own children like tools, has zero sympathy or respect for them, then that clearly means she sees those civilians as even less than that.