General & Others Who is the most badass One Piece character?

Who is the most badass?

• Total voters
My older post and reposting it:
I am sure most people won't consider Luffy to be badass because of his goofy nature and childlike attitude....but he is one of the edgy characters once he becomes serious and has many badass moments....I voted for others whom I considered badass along with Luffy, however I will post most of the badass moments of Luffy as they are subtle....

1) Emphasizing to Nami about what it means to go against pirates by putting the life on the line
2) Putting hat on Nami and destroying the room that Nami stayed in arlong park
3) Smiling while he was about to be executed by Buggy in Logue town..
4) Emphasizing the significance of pirate flag in chopper arc...
5) Hitting Vivi and emphasized the main issue...
6) Asking Usopp to shoot the government flag...
7) Introducing himself to WB...
8) Facing three admirals....
9) Arriving at Saboady post-TS....
10) Punching a Celestal dragon
11) G4...
12) Challenging BigMom
13) Chapter 949.....

Some of the badass dialogues...

"No matter how hard or impossible it is, never lose sight of your goal."

"I've set myself to become the King of Pirates... and if I die trying... then at least I tried!"

"Dying is not repaying a debt! That is not what he saved you for! Only weak men would die after someone spared their lives!"

"We are NOT asking him where the treasure is hidden! We're not even asking him whether there IS any treasure or not!! I'm not sure, but... ...everybody set out to sea, risking their lives to search for it! If you ask this old man anything about it here and now, then I'll quit being a pirate! I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that!"

"If you don't take risks, you can't create a future."

"You want to keep everyone from dying? That's naive. It's war. People die."

"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!"

"You came without fear. Don't have any regrets, no matter what happens. This is the duel you wanted."

"If you hurt somebody... or if somebody hurts you, the same red blood will be shed."

"I am going to save you even if it kills me."

“Power isn’t determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams!”

some panels

image courtesy: @Guts

My older post and reposting it:
I am sure most people won't consider Luffy to be badass because of his goofy nature and childlike attitude....but he is one of the edgy characters once he becomes serious and has many badass moments....I voted for others whom I considered badass along with Luffy, however I will post most of the badass moments of Luffy as they are subtle....

1) Emphasizing to Nami about what it means to go against pirates by putting the life on the line
2) Putting hat on Nami and destroying the room that Nami stayed in arlong park
3) Smiling while he was about to be executed by Buggy in Logue town..
4) Emphasizing the significance of pirate flag in chopper arc...
5) Hitting Vivi and emphasized the main issue...
6) Asking Usopp to shoot the government flag...
7) Introducing himself to WB...
8) Facing three admirals....
9) Arriving at Saboady post-TS....
10) Punching a Celestal dragon
11) G4...
12) Challenging BigMom
13) Chapter 949.....

Some of the badass dialogues...

"No matter how hard or impossible it is, never lose sight of your goal."

"I've set myself to become the King of Pirates... and if I die trying... then at least I tried!"

"Dying is not repaying a debt! That is not what he saved you for! Only weak men would die after someone spared their lives!"

"We are NOT asking him where the treasure is hidden! We're not even asking him whether there IS any treasure or not!! I'm not sure, but... ...everybody set out to sea, risking their lives to search for it! If you ask this old man anything about it here and now, then I'll quit being a pirate! I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that!"

"If you don't take risks, you can't create a future."

"You want to keep everyone from dying? That's naive. It's war. People die."

"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!"

"You came without fear. Don't have any regrets, no matter what happens. This is the duel you wanted."

"If you hurt somebody... or if somebody hurts you, the same red blood will be shed."

"I am going to save you even if it kills me."

“Power isn’t determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams!”

some panels

image courtesy: @Guts
Soon you will need to add his first punch with adv CoA on Kaido, that's going to be epic. I'm sure it will follow a speech of Kaido being cocky and claiming shit and before he finishes it, he takes it in the face and bleeds like a motherfucker. Can't wait for it :steef:

Last edited:
Unfortunately the most badass One Piece character wasn't included in this poll, but if I had to pick between these poll options, I'd pick Akainu and Jack.
Jack gives me off Skyrim vibes. I also had this weird sensation.

I would say it depends on what the standards taken into consideration for badass truly are.

I feel it's obvious that they generally are not too loud, are strong and tend to be proud of themselves. This is at least the stereotype nevertheless.