General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
The difference with the point I was making is that it relies on us seeing that Zoro is at least that strong. It's not just comparing 21 vs 21, because that's worthless if Zoro never actually gets to where Oden ended up. If Zoro is right there then he's guaranteed to get stronger than Oden.
We all know Zoro is gonna end up that strong and stronger though, so the age thing seems irrelevant with that context.

We all know Zoro is gonna end up that strong and stronger though, so the age thing seems irrelevant with that context.
Then it's irrelevant to begin with. Unless we have an actual statement on Zoro's strength compared to Oden in this arc then it'll be fair game to say he's as strong or stronger since he'll end up stronger, right?

And what I would bet is that the only statement regarding strength in comparison will be favorable. Like we won't get "not as good but good enough Roronoa."

Then it's irrelevant to begin with. Unless we have an actual statement on Zoro's strength compared to Oden in this arc then it'll be fair game to say he's as strong or stronger since he'll end up stronger, right?

And what I would bet is that the only statement regarding strength in comparison will be favorable. Like we won't get "not as good but good enough Roronoa."
We will also get favorable statments for Luffy, but we can differentiate between him being on his way to surpassing Roger later, and him already surpassing Roger now.

Just because we know a certain character will eventually surpass another, we can still discuss if we've reached that point or is going to happe later down the line.

For example it was odd to me how @Garp the Fist said that he thinks Oden/Rayleigh are both pretty much equivalent of Zoro in Roger's crew, and at the same time believes Zoro will surpass Oden in Wano.

Naturally that would imply that Luffy also surpasses his equivalent in Wano, so we should advocate for Luffy > Roger by the end of this arc to go with Zoro > Oden.

We will also get favorable statments for Luffy, but we can differentiate between him being on his way to surpassing Roger later, and him already surpassing Roger now.

Just because we know a certain character will eventually surpass another, we can still discuss if we've reached that point or is going to happe later down the line.

For example it was odd to me how @Garp the Fist said that he thinks Oden/Rayleigh are both pretty much equivalent of Zoro in Roger's crew, and at the same time believes Zoro will surpass Oden in Wano.

Naturally that would imply that Luffy also surpasses his equivalent in Wano, so we should advocate for Luffy > Roger by the end of this arc to go with Zoro > Oden.
See I don't understand that because Roger was well above Oden. Zoro can exceed him here and all that does is set them up to then be on par with Roger and Rayleigh in the next arc

Given that for now, they still need to team up to overcome the highest level of opponents (obviously with Kaido being stronger now than he was back then)

See I don't understand that because Roger was well above Oden. Zoro can exceed him here and all that does is set them up to then be on par with Roger and Rayleigh in the next arc

Given that for now, they still need to team up to overcome the highest level of opponents (obviously with Kaido being stronger now than he was back then)
Well it depends on how strong you think Oden is. Like i gave the example in the post you quoted, some think Rayleigh = Oden or Oden > Rayleigh even.

Depending on what the hype he's getting right now is meant to mean, it would be impossible for Zoro to already surpass him, and then have so much room to grow.

The way i see it, Luffy is not already surpassing Roger, Whitebeard or even Shanks by the end of this arc from the shadows behind him, so Zoro should not be surpassing Oden either.

It takes being very charitable towards Zoro and give him more credit than the MC in terms of already surpassing his past gen equivalents to say otherwise.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well it depends on how strong you think Oden is. Like i gave the example in the post you quoted, some think Rayleigh = Oden or Oden > Rayleigh even.

Depending on what the hype he's getting right now is meant to mean, it would be impossible for Zoro to already surpass him, and then have so much room to grow.

The way i see it, Luffy is not already surpassing Roger, Whitebeard or even Shanks by the end of this arc from the shadows behind him, so Zoro should not be surpassing Oden either.

It takes being very charitable towards Zoro and give him more credit than the MC in terms of already surpassing his past gen equivalents to say otherwise.
After this they will be one rio ponlyglyph away from luffy being pirate king. He absolutely needs to be minimum shanks level post wano
Pk luffy > pk roger

After this they will be one rio ponlyglyph away from luffy being pirate king. He absolutely needs to be minimum shanks level post wano
Pk luffy > pk roger
He was KAtakuri level post WCI.

He achieved that by fighting Katakuri 1 vs 1, not as a group, with apparently multiple members of that group scaling each from that fight to top tiers as you'd advocate for Wano.

How is it irrelevant for this arc when we are talking about the strength in this arc? You are bringing up age and what Zoro will be and whatnot, all irrelevant.
Me no comprendo.

Visual showcasing, as a visual medium should do, and the parameters have been set, or at least logical to assume.
Zoro and Oden are very similar fighters, there should not be a big difference in respective stats.

Zoro turning his blade black in this arc -> he is better/stronger.
Zoro making a similar new scar -> he is as good as Oden or close to it (considering Oden went through the pirates and confronted Kaidou in 1vs1.
Zoro reopening the scar -> better than scabbards, lower than Oden (by Kaido´s own words).

We don´t need a Togashi style several page long analysis to see that´s the case, it´s really the easiest way in One Piece we ever had to compare two fighters.

Similar style, fighting same opponent, even using the same weapon.

Zoro might actually use a two sword style technique to reopen Kaido's scar.

Zoro is very likely to replace his Sandai Kitetsu with Nidai Kitetsu by the end of Wano, so for that to be a necessity the Sandai might get destroyed.

So it could be the Wado Ichimonji and Enma that are used to reopen the scar made by Oden :kizabat:

Zoro might actually use a two sword style technique to reopen Kaido's scar.

Zoro is very likely to replace his Sandai Kitetsu with Nidai Kitetsu by the end of Wano, so for that to be a necessity the Sandai might get destroyed.

So it could be the Wado Ichimonji and Enma that are used to reopen the scar made by Oden :kizabat:
Zoro is a three sword style swordsman he’s not going to get his best feat so far in the manga using two swords. He’s making a new scar on kaido . Stop being desperate

Zoro is a three sword style swordsman he’s not going to get his best feat so far in the manga using two swords. He’s making a new scar on kaido . Stop being desperate
There was only one other time where he could not cut his opponent at all no matter what he did, even with his three sword style.

Do you recall how many swords he used to manage to cut Mr.1 in Alabasta, after three swords failed ?

There was only one other time where he could not cut his opponent at all no matter what he did, even with his three sword style.

Do you recall how many swords he used to manage to cut Mr.1 in Alabasta, after three swords failed ?
That’s because he had to unlock haki that fight . This fight he has to surpass oden who was a two sword style user oden nitoryu. Zoro is going to do that with a Santoryu attack .

That’s because he had to unlock haki that fight . This fight he has to surpass oden who was a two sword style user oden nitoryu. Zoro is going to do that with a Santoryu attack .
So the Three Sword Style user used One Sword Style to cut what he could not before.

Guess "more swords" is not his go to against most durable opponents. If you recall he also could not hurt the Dragon in PH until he switched to one sword style and used Lions Song.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
How is it irrelevant for this arc when we are talking about the strength in this arc? You are bringing up age and what Zoro will be and whatnot, all irrelevant.
Me no comprendo.

Visual showcasing, as a visual medium should do, and the parameters have been set, or at least logical to assume.
Zoro and Oden are very similar fighters, there should not be a big difference in respective stats.

Zoro turning his blade black in this arc -> he is better/stronger.
Zoro making a similar new scar -> he is as good as Oden or close to it (considering Oden went through the pirates and confronted Kaidou in 1vs1.
Zoro reopening the scar -> better than scabbards, lower than Oden (by Kaido´s own words).

We don´t need a Togashi style several page long analysis to see that´s the case, it´s really the easiest way in One Piece we ever had to compare two fighters.

Similar style, fighting same opponent, even using the same weapon.
Yeah we will have a clear message by what zoro does. And any comments made by kaido will only serve to futher whatever point is made.

Personally i still want Zoro to at barely reach Oden's level at least by reopening his wound. But by that comparison, if Zoro replicate Oden, it means Luffy (who get hinself a direct comparison to Oden and Shanks and Xebec) will decisively surpass Kaidou after Wano. If Zoro fandom accept Luffy becoming new WSC is within reach, then Zoro becoming the next Oden is also within reach.
What foolishness is this?