Future Events Why Chapter 1085 Suggests Blackbeard Will Be The Final Villain (Devil’s Advocate Thread)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Hello everyone,

Today I want to do a bit of Devil’s Advocate for Blackbeard. Many people have for some reason seen this most recent chapter as confirmation that Imu is the final villain, but I actually got the opposite impression when I first saw Imu’s Devil Fruit, as this Fruit appears to be a Mythical Zoan. Why would that make me confident that Imu isn’t the final villain?

Well, because we still don’t know what Blackbeard’s third Devil Fruit is going to be. For the .01% of you who haven’t heard this theory, the idea is that Blackbeard will have not just two Devil Fruits by the end of the series, but three. There is some symbolism around the number 3 with Blackbeard. His Jolly Roger is 3 skulls, not 2:

His original claw weapon was 3 blades:

Given the fact that Blackbeard has already eaten two of the strongest Devil Fruits among their types, it just seems like destiny that Oda would want to draw Blackbeard eating the 3rd strongest Devil Fruit type as well. You would have one character wielding the strongest Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan fruits all by himself. And Teach already has the strongest Paramecia and Logia, it seems like Oda not giving him the strongest Zoan as well would be the biggest blue-balling in manga history.

So with the reveal that Imu is a mythical Zoan, and his fruit is potentially the strongest Zoan fruit in the world, does that mean Blackbeard is going to eat Imu’s fruit at EOS to give himself the three strongest Devil Fruits?

If Blackbeard is going to take Imu’s Fruit, then that would obviously mean Imu would have to be defeated before Blackbeard, so that Blackbeard can take his fruit.

I always thought Teach never worked as the final villain, as the final villain of OP should be someone who ideologically embodies all of the evil in the OP world, and Teach is not a representation of evil in the OP world so much as he is a dark Luffy Parrallel, but damn. There is a strong possibility that Teach could be a Post-Imu Luffy fight.

@Blackbeard @Erkan12 @comrade @Fujishiro @Sentinel @Playa4321 @ZenZu @Gol D. Roger @Uncle Van @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion etc etc etc

His crew is fucking ass
He is never going to be a final villain. Aokiji is stronger than him and will obviously not help him when strawhat fights will occur.

Luffy's underlings aren't gonna downgrade themselves from fighting Admirals
to fighting Shiryu, Laffitte and whoever the 3rd strongest bozo in his crew is. That's not how power progression works. The next opponents have to be stronger than previous.

Until he magically gets 4 crewmembers stronger than Admirals, he has no hope of ever being a final villain.

Akainu and his 3 underling Admirals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blackbeard and his 3 bozos (Shiryu, Laffite, some bozo)

Last edited:
Good one, or better you were fast with this. Indeed it sounded strange BB didn't get Kaido's df aka the strongest zoan at the end of Wano to complete his devil fruit holy trinity like you said, now this can adjust everything. The only problem is that this is foreseeable like it was for Kaido and his dragon devil fruit. Let's wait and see.

Really would be a reach that I can't see happening at all, unless Oda restructures the Final War to be pre-Laughtale. Luffy cannot be acknowledged as the Pirate King before defeating Teach.

While people want to put down Roger, fact is he still had the feats (that are unknown to us) that made Sengoku claim that Roger would whoop Shiki's ass. Feats that had the likes of Chinjao acknowledge him above others (somebody who clashed with all top dogs of that era). Mans was constantly fighting on the seas for 3+ decades before conquering the grandline. Luffy on the other hand doesn't have that resume.

Luffy has yet to display that. His defeat of Kaido isn't considered a 1on1, but a teamup with a Law&Kid. Cross Guild? Eh. Shanks? Doubt Luffy would be the one to take em down.

Teach is legit the only mf that's left with a credible crew to establish Luffy as the top dog on the seas before he heads down to Mariejois to challenge the Gods.And I doubt Oda would want there to be another pirate out on the seas superior to Luffy once he's the PK (Whitebeard was never superior to Roger). BUT if Oda wants to do Final war before Laughtale, then is a strong possibility. But Teach being the final villain is insanely underwhelming for me personally.

Hello everyone,

Today I want to do a bit of Devil’s Advocate for Blackbeard. Many people have for some reason seen this most recent chapter as confirmation that Imu is the final villain, but I actually got the opposite impression when I first saw Imu’s Devil Fruit, as this Fruit appears to be a Mythical Zoan. Why would that make me confident that Imu isn’t the final villain?

Well, because we still don’t know what Blackbeard’s third Devil Fruit is going to be. For the .01% of you who haven’t heard this theory, the idea is that Blackbeard will have not just two Devil Fruits by the end of the series, but three. There is some symbolism around the number 3 with Blackbeard. His Jolly Roger is 3 skulls, not 2:

Given the fact that Blackbeard has already eaten two of the strongest Devil Fruits among their types, it just seems like destiny that Oda would want to draw Blackbeard eating the 3rd strongest Devil Fruit type as well. You would have one character wielding the strongest Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan fruits all by himself. And Teach already has the strongest Paramecia and Logia, it seems like Oda not giving him the strongest Zoan as well would be the biggest blue-balling in manga history.

So with the reveal that Imu is a mythical Zoan, and his fruit is potentially the strongest Zoan fruit in the world, does that mean Blackbeard is going to eat Imu’s fruit at EOS to give himself the three strongest Devil Fruits?

If Blackbeard is going to take Imu’s Fruit, then that would obviously mean Imu would have to be defeated before Blackbeard, so that Blackbeard can take his fruit.

I always thought Teach never worked as the final villain, as the final villain of OP should be someone who ideologically embodies all of the evil in the OP world, and Teach is not a representation of evil in the OP world so much as he is a dark Luffy Parrallel, but damn. There is a strong possibility that Teach could be a Post-Imu Luffy fight.

@Blackbeard @Erkan12 @comrade @Fujishiro @Sentinel @Playa4321 @ZenZu @Gol D. Roger @Uncle Van @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion etc etc etc
How do you reckon Teach will get to where IM is? I think maybe by becoming King and having access to the reverie? But then that would require OP to go on a time skip for me.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
How do you reckon Teach will get to where IM is? I think maybe by becoming King and having access to the reverie? But then that would require OP to go on a time skip for me.
Probably the same way he got Whitebeard’s, by attacking the Holy Land after the world war begins. Luffy defeats Imu and Teach swoops in to take his fruit.

Probably the same way he got Whitebeard’s, by attacking the Holy Land after the world war begins. Luffy defeats Imu and Teach swoops in to take his fruit.
If Luffy already defeats Imu then by all means the WG has collapsed and the main story is over, narratively it doesnt leave much room for teach to do much of anything here except being the stronger big bad but he has like the entire world against him at that point.

Hello everyone,

I think people overestimate how much Teach fans care about him being the final antagonist.

At this point you would just pray to god that Oda manages to write a not so awful ending.