Questions & Mysteries Why didn't Blackbeard steal Marco fruit?

S

Shura

I already made a similar thread in OJ...since no one made this here, I am making one more...

Jimbei told that Blackbeard pirates are on the hunt of DF users.

As we know that Blackbeard pirates utterly destroyed WBP which means WBP are literally at the BB mercy...

BB also knows how precious and rare the Marco devil fruit...infact even Jozu DF.....

He even send Burgess to get Ace DF.

Then how come, he left Marco alive without stealing his DF.......

please share the possibilities and your opinions on this one...

some tags

@Jo_Ndule @Sentinel @Reborn @silverfire @Luffy is the mc @Light D Lamperouge @Topi Jerami @Bogard etc.

Do you mean why he didn't take it for one of his crew or why didn't he personally consume Tori Tori no Mi ?

First question, it's probably because of character development. Oda is linking Marco with very important events regarding Teach/Weevil/Wano and how would they unfold, he was seen during the Oden flashback and is still going to show up. apparently, the process of stealing devil fruits leads to the previous user's death ( like Absalom, whether it's by the hands of Teach and his men or naturally from the effects of extracting the fruit ). as mentioned before, Marco is much more important narrative wise than Absalom, so plot demands, as others said here, that the Whitebeard pirates escaped and Marco still retained his power.

If you mean the second question, Marco's fruit is definitely not the most powerful Zoan type, and you can refer to this post explaining what kind of Zoan Teach would most likely get.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I already made a similar thread in OJ...since no one made this here, I am making one more...

As we know that Blackbeard pirates utterly destroyed WBP which means WBP are literally at the BB mercy...

BB also knows how precious and rare the Marco devil fruit...infact even Jozu DF.....

some tags

@Jo_Ndule @Sentinel @Reborn @silverfire @Luffy is the mc @Light D Lamperouge @Topi Jerami @Bogard etc.
Plot twist: Marco escaped the fate out of luck

I definitely feel like he would of loved to

Because just because the crew suffered a crushing defeat, it does NOT MEAN that they couldn't retreat before being killed!

So, they got have escaped and retreated by a hair thread!

I do not believe Marco and Jozu were knocked unconscious, and they didn't steal their Fruits.
They must have retreated in some way to save their own life at the end.

OR
simply plot, so who knows

But let's be all honest. Marco's fruit on Blackbeard or Burgess will look pathetic. I don't want Blackbeard with his fat ass belly to act like a phoenix hahahaha. Nor do I like it on Burgess. It just looks bad!

Other than the plot, I think it might be more difficult to take maro's df since he is a pheonix he can rise from his ashes each time so if you don't manage to put him in sea stone cuffs he can evade the extraction

some tags

Logically speaking I can’t see any reason that Teach wouldn’t want it , if not for himself, for someone in his crew. A fruit so rare in class that even Kizaru commented on it. Teach would definitely want it in his collection.

Maybe Marco and his crew were able to escape. No one in Teach’s crew seems to have good mobility, while Marco could’ve just taken to the skies and gotten out of reach.

Other less likely possibilities are that Teach felt bad for him and couldn’t bring himself to kill yet another former nakama. Or maybe something about the df transferring technique made it difficult to do under the circumstances.

Plot armor or PIS that allowed Marco the others to escape Blackbeard like the supernovas all escaped capture at Saobody or the Hapoo Navy escaped from Garp or when Doflamingo managed to escape Mariejois alive despite the guards and the CPO.

I think after Marco and Whitebeard pirates couldn´t do anything against Blackbeard, they flee and run out of the territory.
Or Marco and the top commanders get defeated but saved by lower ranks who escape from Blackbeard who probably already see a win as best option in that war.