Character Discussion Why do People Compare Yamato to Jimbe or Franky?

If Yamato joined the crew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Monster trio isn’t being broken up no matter what. Figured Jinbe vs Whos Who would make that clear for every doubter out there but I guess not.

Yamato is special, but all the straw hats are, theyre all unique in their own right. And lineage doesn’t make you strong, literally Look at Sabo, he has no lineage yet he rivaled Ace as a child and then surpassed him.

Jinbe was also compared to Ace and now jinbe is only at the level of a tobi roppo.

You're right, I'll remove that.

Yamato is nothing like Jimbe.
It was an example: before Jimbe officially joined the crew most people were dead sure Jimbe was far above Sanji and some of them even thought over Zoro. That because of his superior portrayal, the Akainu shit and so on.
And look what happened: the moment he joined the crew he was put against an opponent who is a tier under Sanji's and Zoro's one.
The same happened with Robin who was one of the strongest and deadly Crocodile's agents, maybe even stronger than Mr 2, but as soon as she joined the crew she got sidelined.

Best chance Yamato has to remain relevant strenght-wise is to not join the SH.
If she's gonna join I think there are high probabilities she'll go soon against Jack.

But this is my point of view, I can be wrong of course.

@Cinera
Yamato is like Oden when he join Roger.
Roger had his top two members too:
Rayleigh and Scopper Gaban

So Roger had his own monster trio with Rayleigh,Oden and Scopper.
I assume if Yamato join, she beeing like Oden, powerfull and equal to Zoro like Oden was to Rayleigh.
In case we would have the top three commanders with Zoro,Yamato and Sanji, then the upper strawhats come into the game with Jinbe,Robin and Franky.

Luffy as the Captain
Zoro as firstmate
Yamato and Sanji as the strongest members(EoS)
These four will be above High tiers, they clearly going to match and probably beat Admirals at EoS.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Yamato is the daughter of the strongest of all times. Oda put her on a par with the Pirate King's son ACE without using her DF, just at BASE, but ACE was also holding back. Unlike ACE MF, Yamato has better HAKI, durability from being kaido's daughter, and better resistance thanks to its DF. Yamato could very well be luffy before ADCOC, luffy with FS and ACOA. Luffy got superior thanks to ADCOC, but if Yamato also has the difference between the two of them isn't big.

Lol, Ace had High Top Tier potential. He simply died before he fully realised his potential.

Give examples. Give examples of people that received dedicated training from Top Tiers and didn't have Top Tier potential.

There are none.

Ace died before realising his potential, so this is a moot argument.
If you have potential, you show that potential when you are young. Luffy being 19 yo and Zoro being 21 yo have way more feats and a better portrayal than Ace who was 20 when he died. So, Ace had potential yet he was a YC2 at the age of 20. Damn, if you call that potential then Luffy/Zoro have either godly potential or they have a hell of a plot armor. And technically, their potential shouldn't be as good as Ace's because Ace's father>Luffy's father>>Zoro's father. And I am sure that WB also helped Ace with his training.
And well, I wouldn't call that dedicated training, I would rather call it: dedicated beating. You could bring up the point of Yamato using Kaido's techniques but that doesn't necesarilly mean that Kaido trained her to use said techniques. I don't remember that "training" being mentioned, however, I do remember someone mentioning the beating that Kaido used to give her.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
If you have potential, you show that potential when you are young. Luffy being 19 yo and Zoro being 21 yo have way more feats and a better portrayal than Ace who was 20 when he died. So, Ace had potential yet he was a YC2 at the age of 20. Damn, if you call that potential then Luffy/Zoro have either godly potential or they have a hell of a plot armor. And technically, their potential shouldn't be as good as Ace's because Ace's father>Luffy's father>>Zoro's father. And I am sure that WB also helped Ace with his training.
This is an outright idiotic argument. Age isn't that important unless the gaps are massive. Blackbeard only became a Top TIer in his 40s. People reach their prime at very different ages.

And well, I wouldn't call that dedicated training, I would rather call it: dedicated beating. You could bring up the point of Yamato using Kaido's techniques but that doesn't necesarilly mean that Kaido trained her to use said techniques. I don't remember that "training" being mentioned, however, I do remember someone mentioning the beating that Kaido used to give her.
  • Who gave Yamato her weapon?
  • Who trained her in how to use it?
  • Who taught her Kaido's techniques?

Kaido beat Yamato whenever she challenged him, he didn't just beat her just cause.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Monster trio isn’t being broken up no matter what. Figured Jinbe vs Whos Who would make that clear for every doubter out there but I guess not.

Yamato is special, but all the straw hats are, theyre all unique in their own right. And lineage doesn’t make you strong, literally Look at Sabo, he has no lineage yet he rivaled Ace as a child and then surpassed him.

Jinbe was also compared to Ace and now jinbe is only at the level of a tobi roppo.
Jimbe:
  • Was not contrasted with Ace as someone of the same generation.
  • Is not a child of a High Top Tier.
  • Was never trained by a High Top Tier.

Jimbe did not have Ace level potential.

It was an example: before Jimbe officially joined the crew most people were dead sure Jimbe was far above Sanji and some of them even thought over Zoro. That because of his superior portrayal, the Akainu shit and so on.
And look what happened: the moment he joined the crew he was put against an opponent who is a tier under Sanji's and Zoro's one.
The same happened with Robin who was one of the strongest and deadly Crocodile's agents, maybe even stronger than Mr 2, but as soon as she joined the crew she got sidelined.

Best chance Yamato has to remain relevant strenght-wise is to not join the SH.
If she's gonna join I think there are high probabilities she'll go soon against Jack.

But this is my point of view, I can be wrong of course.
You're ignoring that Yamato
  1. Is the only child of a High Top Tier.
  2. Received dedicated training from that High Top Tier.
  3. Was paralleled with Ace as someone of the same generation and with similar potential.

Yamato is fighting Kaido right now. The possibilities of her fighting Jack are really low.

Post Wano: Yamato > Sanji > Jinbei
Sanji after beating Blackbeard's second strongest commander >= Yamato
Yamato's ceiling is above Sanji's.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Yamato is the daughter of the strongest of all times. Oda put her on a par with the Pirate King's son ACE without using her DF, just at BASE, but ACE was also holding back. Unlike ACE MF, Yamato has better HAKI, durability from being kaido's daughter, and better resistance thanks to its DF. Yamato could very well be luffy before ADCOC, luffy with FS and ACOA. Luffy got superior thanks to ADCOC, but if Yamato also has the difference between the two of them isn't big.
I think all out Ace was = Prisoner Yamato. There wasn't any indication that Ace was holding back against her IMO.

Prisoner Yamato simply could not use her Devil Fruit due to the shackles Kaido placed on her.

I think without COC coating, Yamato is > Chapter 1000 Luffy but < Chapter 1010 Luffy.

With COC coating, Yamato should be comparable or superior to Chapter 1010 Luffy.

This was not “busoshoku projectile”
This was the “Houshokou sparks”
And mark my words
They are haki projectiles. They might be Haoshoku instead of Busoshoku, but I'm playing it safe until Yamato is a confirmed Haoshoku user.

I think everyone needs to stop assuming yamato will join the crew like it's a sure thing
Well, she appears to be a lock for next nakama, so I understand why the assumption is made.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I think all out Ace was = Prisoner Yamato. Prisoner Yamato simply could not use her Devil Fruit due to the shackles Kaido placed on her.

They are haki projectiles. They might be Haoshoku instead of Busoshoku, but I'm playing it safe until Yamato is a confirmed Haoshoku user.

Well, she appears to be a lock for next nakama, so I understand why the assumption is made.
I think all out Ace was = Prisoner Yamato. Prisoner Yamato simply could not use her Devil Fruit due to the shackles Kaido placed on her.
Yes, that's why I said BASE YAMATO.
Besides, nothing prevents YAMATO from using her DF, the chains weren't KAIROSEKI's, they were just explosive and would only be activated if she tried to leave the island.
Or remove them.

Last edited by a moderator: