Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does it look like those defences have done much?

The Phoenix Brand attack in particular seems to have caused serious damage. Coughing up blood, eye’s bulging out of his head.

There’s no world in which attacks from Black Maria do more damage than attacks from Marco. I don’t care whether Sanji is using CoA to protect himself or not.

It’s not belittling, it’s a fact. Marco could neg-diff Black Maria. He is in an entirely different weight category from her. Any damage he does >>>>>> any damage she does. Queen has taken far more powerful attacks than anything Sanji has. You can’t cherry pick and say the damage Sanji took counts, but the much more impressive attacks Queen took doesn’t.

Other’s have contributed to Queen’s downfall. That’s undeniable. It is not a case of a fully healthy Sanji beating a fully healthy Queen solo. Marco has played a big role, Chopper has played a small role, who knows if Izo, Kawamatsu or Drake will also help.

Yeah, and Kaido doesn’t look all that damaged here

That doesn’t mean we should ignore all the damage that the Worst Gen and the Scabbards did to him and say that actually, when Luffy comes back and beats him, he’s really done it solo.
You cant compare a normal human to a person with Zoan recovery. Queen's DF is actively healing his body and recovering him. Whilst Sanji doesnt recover at that rate.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Franky is soloing a Tobi Roppo when we've seen nothing that justifies him being on that level.
Franky has consistently faced tougher and tougher opponents since Enies Lobby; in this arc alone, he knocked Linlin over with a motorcycle and deep-laser-fried a Number like it was nothing before slicing Sasaki open when we last checked in with him. No other non-M3 SHP has gotten as many fights and chances to shine in the series as Franky, this hasn’t come straight out of nowhere. Y’all need to start showing this man a little more respect, he’s doing all this shit without Haki or a DF and some of you still act like he doesn’t deserve to punch above his weight class :getnappaed:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Low diffed? Sanji was protecting Momo while King laid the hammer and Sanji came out without any blood or anything on him.
Sanji was knocked into a building and didn't show up again until a while after. He was even questioning whether Momo got away. It looks to me like Sanji was temporarily knocked unconscious by one of the weakest attacks from King.

You know damn well if that fight went on Sanji would have 0 problems beating Page One without any difficulty. Page One barely managed to keep up with Sanji and when he did he did 0 damage to Sanji. Meanwhile Sanji's basic kicks made Page One screams like a prom girl when winning the crown
Sanji landed two hits on Page One and didn't defeat him. Even the first hit he landed on Page One failed to draw a single drop of blood.

Sanji vs Page One was not a victory in Sanji's favour, and had the fight continued and Sanji won, it wouldn't have been at low difficulty.

Baseless claim
Veterans of BM pirates and Tobi Ropo were put on equal footing and anyone with any reading comprehension can see that
I don't see it, but regardless, I'm not going to apply Sanji's feats vs Linlin's veterans to the Tobi Roppo; not when I can directly evaluate Sanji's feats vs the Tobi Roppo.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
coz it narratively makes sense and he is worthy

if he doesn't solo a YC1 or YC2 then i take the L

but if it does happen @Cinera it would prove your incompetence in gauging sanji's strength due to preconceived twisted narrative and your base level comprehension of the narrative is flawed introspection if you are humble enough to do so. You should realize that the moment sanji fight a YC1 or YC2 EoW or after it... every single one of your ludicrous and flimsy essays with the time you pathetically wasted over them will go down in the dump with your credibility.

Goodluck
Did you even read my post?
  • I said that I expect Sanji to defeat a Calamity.
  • I said that I was sceptical he would do it solo.

If Sanji defeats Queen, it would be exactly what I expected to happen. If Sanji does it solo, it would be a pleasant surprise.

You are asking the wrong question, the right one is: considering that Sanji will defeat King, if Zoro defeats Queen, what do those characters do?
I no longer take Sanji vs King seriously, sorry.

Sanji was knocked into a building and didn't show up again until a while after. He was even questioning whether Momo got away. It looks to me like Sanji was temporarily knocked unconscious by one of the weakest attacks from King.
The fact that you choose point that suit your twisted narrative is disturbing..

"SaNji Isn't GoInG To Fight A CALmaity"

Sanji indented a raid suit when YC1 king couldn't... this nitpicking of scenarios for your bias narrative convenience is sickening.
Post automatically merged:

Did you even read my post?
  • I said that I expect Sanji to defeat a Calamity.
  • I said that I was sceptical he would do it solo.

If Sanji defeats Queen, it would be exactly what I expected to happen. If Sanji does it solo, it would be a pleasant surprise.
did you just contradict yourself?
if the narrative does not trump it — then I have no reason to believe that Sanji is strong enough to defeat Queen.

You have terrible options. I chose solo King and Queen but they are already facing Marco so is not soloing. But I think Sanji will simply change sides with him and finish them off.

Sanji needs to do something on his own and something at "global" scale. Like closing Enies Lobby gates, destroying Enel's arc(is an arc right?) etc.

You have terrible options. I chose solo King and Queen but they are already facing Marco so is not soloing. But I think Sanji will simply change sides with him and finish them off.

Sanji needs to do something on his own and something at "global" scale. Like closing Enies Lobby gates, destroying Enel's arc(is an arc right?) etc.
Sanji joins king and Queen to defeat Marco? I’m here for it. As expected of his character.

Its 2021 and you still think Zoro vs Queen :lawsigh:
No, i don't. I think he is going to deal with Orochi.

Sanji will fight a calamity for sure, Zoro already had enough and he is in really bad conditions.
Any uselessness problem comes from considering necessary Zoro vs the other calamity.
Drake, Chopper and Apoo are perfectly fine against Queen, Zoro would be the one messing their matchup, not Sanji.
That's why that is the wrong question.

You cant compare a normal human to a person with Zoan recovery. Queen's DF is actively healing his body and recovering him. Whilst Sanji doesnt recover at that rate.
Sanji got beaten up at least “a few dozen minutes” ago. That is plenty of time for him to recover, especially since he hasn’t fought anyone strong in the mean time. While on the other hand Queen, as far as we know, has been fighting Marco (and to a much lesser extent, Chopper and everyone else) non-stop.
Sanji's still not looking good just a chapter ago with Zoro on his back

He’s got a bruise from getting beaten up

It’s not much of an injury we’re talking about here.
No Zoan recovery to fall back on to get him back in shape like with Kaido/Queen.
No, but he does have a RS that offers serious protection, so I think it evens up in that respect.

Plus from the looks of it backup from at least one other strong fighter.
You can't be dismissive of how much damage a Flying Six can do if it has you tied up and unwilling to defend yourself even with CoA, and get's to beat at you to their heart content. I mean, you can make the choice to do that, but Oda can absolutely let a strong character get beat up and put in a bad state or injured by someone weaker because he's unwilling to do anything about it.
I find it a lot easier to dismiss damage taken from a Flying Six member “a few dozen minutes ago“ as irrelevant than it is to dismiss whatever damage Queen has been taking against Whitebeard’s right hand man in the meantime.

Unless we’re trying to argue that while that the fight in the live floor actually finished ages ago, Marco has been beaten and King and Queen have just lazed about for no reason. As I have no reason to think that, I will continue to believe that there is an ongoing fight of Marco and co vs King and Queen, where Marco is doing serious damage. Since that’s exactly what we’ve seen happen.

Any damage Chopper’s done I don’t much care about.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Kuro Ashi: I think Drake and Apoo have more build up to face Queen as opponents than to face each other.

Drake:
  • He is the man that Queen wanted to kill.
  • Queen has already tried to kill him.
  • He's a traitor to the Beast Pirates.
  • Zoro entrusted him with the Live Floor.
    • This included Chopper's protection.
Apoo:
  • He was introduced as having a good relationship with Queen.
  • Queen abandoned him.
  • Queen turned the entire Live Floor against him.
  • He seems to be reconsidering his allegiance to the Beast Pirates.
  • The rest of the Beast Pirates on the Live Floor seem to have turned against Queen.

Drake in particular has more buildup with Queen than Sanji. Sanji takes precedence over him by virtue of being a main character, so I expect him to land the final blow. However, I'm not sure Oda abandon the setup for those matches.

I do still acknowledge the possibility that Drake and Apoo's opponents are each other. Being frank, I guess that is more likely than both of them hanging up on Queen, but I'm not confident either way.

@Garp the Fist what do you think?

Sanji will obviously get his fight against Queen, I've said it many times before, though, I'm not really sure that it's going to be a 1v1–it could end up being 2v1 with Chopper assisting Sanji against Queen's plague diseases. Chopper has quite an awful amount of reasons to fight against Queen, on top of that Chopper doesn't really have an appropriate opponent for himself, the beast pirate's doctor isn't a fighter as far as I can tell, if they have any in first place.
Cause we have expectation for this series to give proper shine for main cast...
Oda had more than 10 years to give shine to Sanji, that's a fucking decade, a decade for god's sake, Especially in WCI. Just remember how certain everyone was that Sanji will get at least one fight in his own arc, yes, maybe not important fight, but a one fight nonetheless. Since Oda refused to give Sanji one god danm fight in his own arc, then why should the fans be certain that he will in Wano? WCI was thematically and narratively more important for Sanji's character than Wano will ever be. Oda has demonstrated that "Sanji" isn't part of the main cast in Oda's mind, in post-timskip the main cast is Luffy, Zoro and maybe Nami if you're a 12 year old Wanker.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
did you just contradict yourself?
I think Sanji will defeat Queen.

I am sceptical that he would do it solo.

"SaNji Isn't GoInG To Fight A CALmaity"
I said Sanji is going to fight a Calamity though?

I don't think you actually understand anything I've argued for in this thread.

What position do you think I'm arguing for?

Sanji indented a raid suit when YC1 king couldn't...
I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

@Kuro Ashi: I think Drake and Apoo have more build up to face Queen as opponents than to face each other.

Drake:
  • He is the man that Queen wanted to kill.
  • Queen has already tried to kill him.
  • He's a traitor to the Beast Pirates.
  • Zoro entrusted him with the Live Floor.
    • This included Chopper's protection.
Apoo:
  • He was introduced as having a good relationship with Queen.
  • Queen abandoned him.
  • Queen turned the entire Live Floor against him.
  • He seems to be reconsidering his allegiance to the Beast Pirates.
  • The rest of the Beast Pirates on the Live Floor seem to have turned against Queen.

Drake in particular has more buildup with Queen than Sanji. Sanji takes precedence over him by virtue of being a main character, so I expect him to land the final blow. However, I'm not sure Oda abandon the setup for those matches.

I do still acknowledge the possibility that Drake and Apoo's opponents are each other. Being frank, I guess that is more likely than both of them hanging up on Queen, but I'm not confident either way.

@Garp the Fist what do you think?
I think Drake vs Apoo seems the more likely. I think that, Killer vs Hawkins and Kid and Law vs Big Mom is designed to give the Worst Gen something to do while keeping them mostly out of the fight against the Beast Pirates, which is for the Strawhats and Scabbards.

Wouldn’t really surprise me either way, Drake might still play a smaller role against Queen. Apoo, eh, he’s taken a lot of shit and still refused to actually quit the Beast Pirates. So far the fodder have more balls than him.