Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, after Wano Sh are considered an emperor with the world assume Luffy can go toe to toe with Admirals/Yonkou without help while luffys earlier 5th yonkou title was just an introduction.

So, Luffy should have 3 infamous crews.
- Zoro, might be acknowledged to be the one as many characters see him
- Jimbei (ex warlord), will be considered along calamity/sweet cmdr
that leaves one, it might be Sanji
Different that Jimbei who already fight to beat WW & crews, Sanji still doesnt show to beat anyone while watched by others. At least Sanji should beat 700m otoko to be considered top 3 of yonkou crew.

But it might be Yamato too...

Last edited:
clash
(klăsh)
v. clashed, clash·ing, clash·es
v.intr.
1. To collide with a loud, harsh, usually metallic noise: cymbals clashing.
a.
To meet in violent conflict: armies that clashed on the plain.
b. To be in opposition or disagreement: an eyewitness account that clashed with published reports.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/clashes

As you can clashing has to be equal from both sides. Not one side attacking the other. Theres an obvious different between "attack" and a "clash". But you of course wanna play dumb.
If Katakuri dipping a non-combative Luffy two times (one was even a sneak attack) at the tea party counts as a clash, so does Kaku kicking Sanji in the face. It really doesn't matter what definition we use, Sanji still got into a physical altercation with an opponent he did not fight in the match-ups just like King. Even by your (selective) standards, Sanji clashes with a guy (Blueno) he did not fight in the match-ups.

Oh yes there, since Dragon commented on the Vinsmokes.

Going by your logic, now Dragon and Sanji need to interact. Dragon is linked to Sanji's master and he knows about what will happen to Germa.
Yeah, Dragon namedropping an organization he's aware of is totally comparable to Queen having mysterious history with Judge. Even if this comparison suffices, it still falls flat because (unless Dragon dies beforehand) Sanji is bound to meet Dragon with him being his captain's dad and all.

I love how you casually skip my comment about Pedro and BM you scumbag
I didn't. I told you it's not comparable (along with your other comparison) because it doesn't imply character interactions the way Queen's comment did. What Pedro and Big Mom's relationship did was imply Pedro's death and color his motivations to help the Straw Hats against Big Mom.

He wants Chopper and Drake far far more than Sanji. And he wants Sanji equally the same as Zoro. So yh that doesnt show much priority
First, they were out of Queen's reach. Zoro escaped too the roof and Sanji was already captive. Second, look at Sanji and Zoro's current location and destination in the plot. They're heading for the live floor, which is where Queen is at.

Or Oda sets it up then uses the Vegapunk flashback to link every scientist. Like he did with all the introduced giants from the series ( Dorry, Broggy, Ennies Lobby giants, Dressrosa giant) in the BM flashback. There is absoutely no need for a fight to explore a backstory.
Gotta love it when Sanji fans think should-bes and should-haves are valid arguments in discussions about the direction Oda's going with certain exposition. We get it, you THINK Queen's backstory should be explored in Vegapunk's flashback. How about you explain how Oda isn't setting up a Sanji and Queen interaction with that line.

Because Sanji had no full fights in those arcs. So that point is moot. If he clashed with them and then fought someone else....you would have a point. But that never happened. So shit point. We know Sanji is fighting someone this arc. And it will logically be the person who Oda made him clash with. Just like how Oda does it usually with other characters.

If you looked at norms then you would see that people usually clash with people they will later fight and not other people. You however are to dumb to understand that.
Clashes are not statistical norms, parallels among members of opposing pirate crews are. King is Kaido's strongest swordsman, statistically, he goes to Zoro. Unlike little clashes that tells us nothing, Zoro fighting the enemy's strongest swordsman is an actual theme because it's relevant to his dream. Don't give me weaselly crap like "Zoan and fire powers means the meitou is there for decoration" and act as if those three things are incompatible when a character has bolstered their swordsmanship with their Zoan powers before.

Sanji clashing or even meeting his opponents beforehand isn't even a statistical norm. He was the only one to not meet his Arlong Park match beforehand. He was in another room when Mr. 2 was on the Going Merry. He didn't have a physical altercation with his CP9 match as Luffy and Zoro did. Absalom is the only outlier, and even then, serves as an inverse of normal Sanji fights. To speak in parallels, they have more in common. Both sobbed when Hiyori faked her death. Queen is a food hog, making him the anti-Sanji. I see Sanji fans argue that Zoro and King need meaningful interactions like they're Ichigo and Rukia, but I saw more of that in Sanji and Queen. Queen ordered his assassination in act two and knew his father.

That's why I yawn anytime you post that Sanji and King clash and act as if that proves Queen's Judge comment is a throwaway line. You're like Kent Hovind going "but the bible says the Earth is 6,000 years old so it can't be 3 billion." I have themes related to the actual narrative and relevant details. You have wishful thinking and fluff that look cool to the average Sanji-VS-King, but when examined, it's so damn empty. More evidence Zoro's more likely to get King? Oda's canonical one-shot, Monster, is Ryuma (the Zoro lookalike) pursuing a great swordsman known as King in Wano.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
If Katakuri dipping a non-combative Luffy two times (one was even a sneak attack) at the tea party counts as a clash, so does Kaku kicking Sanji in the face. It really doesn't matter what definition we use, Sanji still got into a physical altercation with an opponent he did not fight in the match-ups just like King. Even by your (selective) standards, Sanji clashes with a guy (Blueno) he did not fight in the match-ups.

Yeah, Dragon namedropping an organization he's aware of is totally comparable to Queen having mysterious history with Judge. Even if this comparison suffices, it still falls flat because (unless Dragon dies beforehand) Sanji is bound to meet Dragon with him being his captain's dad and all.

I didn't. I told you it's not comparable (along with your other comparison) because it doesn't imply character interactions the way Queen's comment did. What Pedro and Big Mom's relationship did was imply Pedro's death and color his motivations to help the Straw Hats against Big Mom.

First, they were out of Queen's reach. Zoro escaped too the roof and Sanji was already captive. Second, look at Sanji and Zoro's current location and destination in the plot. They're heading for the live floor, which is where Queen is at.

Gotta love it when Sanji fans think should-bes and should-haves are valid arguments in discussions about the direction Oda's going with certain exposition. We get it, you THINK Queen's backstory should be explored in Vegapunk's flashback. How about you explain how Oda isn't setting up a Sanji and Queen interaction with that line.

Clashes are not statistical norms, parallels among members of opposing pirate crews are. King is Kaido's strongest swordsman, statistically, he goes to Zoro. Unlike little clashes that tells us nothing, Zoro fighting the enemy's strongest swordsman is an actual theme because it's relevant to his dream. Don't give me weaselly crap like "Zoan and fire powers means the meitou is there for decoration" and act as if those three things are incompatible when a character has bolstered their swordsmanship with their Zoan powers before.

Sanji clashing or even meeting his opponents beforehand isn't even a statistical norm. He was the only one to not meet his Arlong Park match beforehand. He was in another room when Mr. 2 was on the Going Merry. He didn't have a physical altercation with his CP9 match as Luffy and Zoro did. Absalom is the only outlier, and even then, serves as an inverse of normal Sanji fights. To speak in parallels, they have more in common. Both sobbed when Hiyori faked her death. Queen is a food hog, making him the anti-Sanji. I see Sanji fans argue that Zoro and King need meaningful interactions like they're Ichigo and Rukia, but I saw more of that in Sanji and Queen. Queen ordered his assassination in act two and knew his father.

That's why I yawn anytime you post that Sanji and King clash and act as if that proves Queen's Judge comment is a throwaway line. You're like Kent Hovind going "but the bible says the Earth is 6,000 years old so it can't be 3 billion." I have themes related to the actual narrative and relevant details. You have wishful thinking and fluff that look cool to the average Sanji-VS-King, but when examined, it's so damn empty. More evidence Zoro's more likely to get King? Oda's canonical one-shot, Monster, is Ryuma (the Zoro lookalike) pursuing a great swordsman known as King in Wano.
Oh wow you made great points here, to me it was always obvious that sanji was fighting ever since that ''judge's son'' line but i never thought about queen hogging all the food or ryuma looking for the king thing.

And? Law couldn’t defeat Doflamingo and now he’s injuring and reacting to Kaido. Zoro was struggling against Denshiro earlier and then performed well against Kaido. Yamato couldn’t even put down Ulti after an off-guard attack and she’s probably going to be injuring Kaido. Luffy has learner advanced CotC out of nowhere and after his latest ass kicking, is probably going to learn another power up. Kidd is also probably about to injure Big Mom.

So saying “Sanji couldn’t defeat Page 1” in an arc where Oda keeps giving every good guy a power up doesn’t make any sense. Sanji will defeat Queen on his own regardless of his previous performance against Page One.
Wasnt sanji clowning P1 while testing out his suit a suit he knew nothing about yet made P1 look really bad,

King clashing with Sanji MIGHT serve a purpose, but it's definitely not the one Sanji-VS-King stans want. Zoro got into a physical altercation with Queen and even retrieved his vaccine. Sanji is heading for the live floor where there's a doctor (Chopper) for Zoro. Who's down there? Queen. What's Queen likely to do if he sees Sanji and Zoro? Attack them, more specifically, Zoro (for nabbing vaccine and destroying his gun). But Zoro's in no position to fight back (right now), so Sanji will protect him. This will be an L for Sanji fans who were avid Sanji-VS-King stans, but the irony is, it should be their W. Zoro needing Sanji's protection? This is the type of shit @kurwa would meme-spam (until it gets stale).

King, on the other hand, will act vengeance on Sanji by supporting Queen for taking Momonosuke (and breaking his beak if @Zoro D Goat's pet theory is true). This will of course be after Perospero does Marco dirty. By then, Zoro will be in fighting condition again to keep King away from Sanji and Queen's fight.

Sanji > King before this arc ends. His Wano powerup is coming.
Sanji will most likely take on Queen who should stand on YC2 level, I can see Sanji very high diffing or extreme diffing Queen more probably. And I'm not even too confident it would be a solo nevertheless. :sanmoji:

And yes Queen is most likely damaging his body or what kind of shit fight would that constitute. Unless he went for the top of the head.

S

Shelby

Sanji will most likely take on Queen who should stand on YC2 level, I can see Sanji very high diffing or extreme diffing Queen more probably. And I'm not even too confident it would be a solo nevertheless. :sanmoji:

And yes Queen is most likely damaging his body or what kind of shit fight would that constitute. Unless he went for the top of the head.
You’re a Zoro fan so I know you’re biased.

I will enjoy to make a thread laughing at these guys when Sanji vs King happens
:milaugh:
You do you :)
Just keep in mind that it's not to shit on Sanji, quite the opposite actually.
If Sabji fights King, he either gets humilated again for the 1000000time or he will be accompanied by a bunch of characters; would you like it if Sanji 5v2 King and Queen which would paralel rooftop ?
The only one that Sanji can actually solo is realistically Jack, which would also help Sanji develop his AP (Haki blooms in extreme cases).