Character Discussion Why does Sanji elicit such seething hatred from certain readers?

Other than a lot of other things.....I hate molesters. :whitepress:
So even if someone says good things...it kinda feels the same as someone praising a criminal, which is still not a good feeling.
so you equally consider nami a whore for selling her body and robin a sadist for squeezing a man's crotch

limit you exaggerations mate.. if you really wanna take things for what they are then be fair.. Quit one piece coz its filled with this BS

I think it's to attack the fandom itself. Like the people who actually like Sanji as a character but because there not that many vocals Sanji fans who gives a damn anymore. Basically its attention seeking and trying get a rise out of the people who takes the bait. So for the person who reel in an angry response can enjoy their sick entertainment of getting the so called person "upset".

so you equally consider nami a whore for selling her body and robin a sadist for squeezing a man's crotch

limit you exaggerations mate.. if you really wanna take things for what they are then be fair.. Quit one piece coz its filled with this BS
You know what I mean. Whats the point of asking question here, if can't handle the reason. You are calling nami a whore and robin a sadist for one a time thing? You are exaggerating them as if they do that real and Robin was just a specific "oda gag" with franky.

Seriously, some people here legit start foaming at the mouth whenever someone says something good about Sanji. What is it about Sanji that makes certain fanboys hate him so much?
Readers don’t hate Sanji they just hate delusional Sanji fanbois who make ridiculous claims and hate statements.

90% of Sanji fans are trolls so majority of community end up hating Sanji because of it.

I was mad at sanji first because his will got broken and he decided to postpone the fight with Queen. But seems like he is fighting him afterall. So everything is fine by now. I just can't stand when Sanji sometimes acts like a pussy, when in fact he is the 3rd strongest in the crew and arguably has the potential for CoC. Acting like a pussy kinda destroys this ideology of mine. So pls oda, don't make sanji ever pussy out again.

Imagine keeping up in strength with the future WSS despite training with the current one while a mere cook got his strength by running from some freaky okamas :suresure:

And in this current arc:
-Zoro: 4 powerups.
-Sanji: 1 (2 if RS is used in battle).

Simply disgraceful so no wonder.
That's why :milaugh:

Not sure but it’s likely because initially Zoro was written to have a rivalry with Luffy. However this was scrapped and Luffy was instead put on a pedestal and Zoro and Sanji was given the rivalry rather than Luffy and Zoro so a lot of the more toxic Zoro fandom try and devolve Sanji to erase this rivalry and say Zoro still is written to rival Luffy

W

Wonderful World

Seriously, some people here legit start foaming at the mouth whenever someone says something good about Sanji. What is it about Sanji that makes certain fanboys hate him so much?
I don't hate Sanji; I enjoy his character, but I think the hate is a combination of things.

People seem to primarily hate him because of his perversion and inability to strike women (Chivalry).

Sanji is Oda's go-to character whenever we see any scantly clad woman or just new "attractive" women in general, so that gag gets done a lot. I think we're also at the point where many people are just sick of stuff like that. However, It's not as bad as FI, for example.

As far as the Chivalry is concerned, people always go back to him not hitting Kalifa during Enies Lobby, despite Robin being in danger. I can see why people would hate this because it is absurd in that scenario. However, I'm also OK with it since that's what he was raised to believe from early childhood, so it is what it is.

You also have people who feel a character's combat "feats" determine their worth, and since Sanji hasn't "won" any fights, this plays a part in their perception of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I mean. Whats the point of asking question here, if can't handle the reason. You are calling nami a whore and robin a sadist for one a time thing? You are exaggerating them as if they do that real and Robin was just a specific "oda gag" with franky.
i never called nami a whore i was betting that with this reasoning i assume you'd be fair enough to label others for their idiosyncrasies
its been frequent not "one time" i even assumed you were just trolling now that you seem to be defending your claim its even more pitiful..

The thing is just be honest its sanji so why not amplify the salinity of your moral compass innt?
Post automatically merged:

So you also hated
Jaraiya, master roshi, boa hancock, meliodas, Brook, and koro Sensei too I’m assuming?
what was the term you interchanged with my definition of "Hypocritical ignorance" again?
Post automatically merged:

.. oh well.. fair ig

Last edited:
WCI and every narative decision Oda choose to take the character since. Sanji also pass for a massive hypocrite that dosent stand for what he believes in, at one point he claims he is never using the raid suit at all because he hates his family, then he imediately uses it to fight P1 out of all people, and then to spy on his naked companions....And this is just one example of how badly the character acts.

Plus he became a total creep after TS and the nosebleed of death dosent help either.