Current Events Why does Zoro want to fight Kaido?

And what do you think would happen...if Zoro would see Orochi ? ...I think we have our answer.

I can totally see Zoro and Denjiro vs Orochi. Zoro and Denjiro still have a plotline to be resolved....and Denjiro barely shined in the Kaido fight.

Orochi is heavily underestimated....he took a Zeus Tempo and was shown next uninjured. Plus probably has elemental powers like Kaido. Its only his base thats trash.

Plus the whole 9 sword style vs 8 heads simulatenously ( to stop regrowing heads) is too good to not come true.
Post automatically merged:

Im saying Oda will make it Zoro's final fight...due to the set up he has with Orochi. Which he doesnt have for Kaido.
I think its time to stop expecting much from the weaker looking characters.

Face it. Orochi's combat feats are garbage. And the way he manipulates his DF was weak to begin with. Frankly he would most likely get the Apoo treatment.

And thats if he comes back at all. But i doubt it. Orochi dead dead g.

And if Luffy and Zoro got to the roof while the scabbards are having their battle, they would jump in too. Luffy came there to whoop ass, he isnt gonna wait for them to get fucked up first.

Because he's his enemy:kaidowhat:
Like duh lmao, i dont mean to sound like an asshole, but dont know what other reason the OP thought it would be.

Taking down Kaido is the goal.

Last edited:
Still it wouldn't make sense for Luffy not to defeat Kaido this arc. My own head cannon is that all the help Luffy gets will be a non factor cause non of them could seriously injure Kaido the best they can do is offer distractions for Luffy to land significant hits on Kaido but ultimately the 3rd round against Kaido will be one vs one and Luffy will win in that fight marking himself as the strongest pirate in the world until blackbeard surpasses him by doing something even more crazy

Still it wouldn't make sense for Luffy not to defeat Kaido this arc. My own head cannon is that all the help Luffy gets will be a non factor cause non of them could seriously injure Kaido the best they can do is offer distractions for Luffy to land significant hits on Kaido but ultimately the 3rd round against Kaido will be one vs one and Luffy will win in that fight marking himself as the strongest pirate in the world until blackbeard surpasses him by doing something even more crazy
You're saying even Zoro with Emma won't get in even one good attack that matters?

Then surely he shouldn't even fight kaido at all right?

Like the scabbards fighting kaido and basically doing nothing has a point to it.

What would Zoro managing to face kauai and doing nothing as well achieve. Like what would be the point of it.

It's really new for me also. Zoro wanted to fight doffy, fujitora or eneru but never he was so motivated.
For what reason Oda is doing that ? I think the best answer we could give is the fact Monster is really close to him. Japanese people are really patriots so it's maybe a matter of pride that the japanese one from the crew will deliver Wano (japan) from the ennemies. Zoro is literally Ryuma 2.0, oda gave him also Enma who cut Kaido, and the bond he created with yasu who got executed are enough reason to push Zoro to kill Kaido.

It's really new for me also. Zoro wanted to fight doffy, fujitora or eneru but never he was so motivated.
For what reason Oda is doing that ? I think the best answer we could give is the fact Monster is really close to him. Japanese people are really patriots so it's maybe a matter of pride that the japanese one from the crew will deliver Wano (japan) from the ennemies. Zoro is literally Ryuma 2.0, oda gave him also Enma who cut Kaido, and the bond he created with yasu who got executed are enough reason to push Zoro to kill Kaido.
Aren't there in story reasons too?

I mean the whole Yasu thing is a reason. Zoro's not cared about individual citizens of a country as much in any arc. Like who did Zoro care about in Dressrosa? or Alabasta? or Skypiea?

The story clearly switched some things up for Zoro this arc so it must have a payoff. Zoro caring so much must lead to something a bit more than his usual beat the second strongest guy thing.

Like as far as we can tell, one of the main reasons Oda had Kiku lose her arm was just to have Zoro get pissed. As in on a story telling level, Her losing an arm ramps up the stakes but it didnt actually affect anyone's morale or anything on the roof. And Luffy will get pissed when he sees everyone is out when he reaches the roof. So Kiku losing ar arm mainly serves Just to motivate Zoro now. And Zoro has like five lines of dialogue with the chick. Yet Oda is putting that much story weight on this moment as a character shift for Zoro now.

Its of course questionable whether Oda has earned all this. Like has Oda actually taaken the time to properly flesh out these bonds Zoro is supposed to have? I'd say thats hit or miss. Zoro's talked to Kiku less than a handful of times. But either way, Oda himself seems to think he's done a good enough job with this to have Zoro rage out like this.

Mind you, Zoro is a vicious guy but he doesnt actually rage out. like ever. Remember in Skypiea when he found Chopper beaten senseless by Ohm. Ohm even asks Zoro if he's gonna get angry and fight to avenge Chopper. Zoro says no. He says he doesnt like fighting with strong emotions clouding his judgement. And he chilled out and beat Ohm. he even had gag moments in the middle of the fight with Ohm's dog.

probably the last time we've seen Zoro carry very heavy emotions into a fight was when he fought Mihawk. So ODa is really going out of his way here to emphasize there's something going on with him here.

Because Kaidou needs more people to flex on before the final fight.

He probably just has a strong bond with the scabbards and wants to be there to help them. Momo, the little girl, momo's sister, the guy who died for the plan, etc, these are people zoro feels close to. (Also cuz zoro is kind of a weeb and he wants a japanese gf)