• Luffy alone

• Zoro alone

• Luffy and Zoro together

• Some other group/character

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Wano is like the only arc in which Zoro actively wants to strike down the bad guy and has motivations for doing so, it's happening.
Wano (Kaido) and Baratie (Mihawk) are the only arcs in which Zoro actively sought out his opponent and didn't just face obstacles in Luffy's way.

Zoro cuts down Kaido and replicates Ryuma's feat with Odens blade, everyone wins even fucking Kaido.
Well said.

You have proofed enough of why ZKK is the most probable outcome of this arc. Those can't even be called implications any longer, it's getting slammed in your face repeatedly.
Thanks.

Kaido is the first Yonko on their path, and Luffy specifically said that he wanted and that he had to defeat the Yonko in order to become pirate king.
Luffy can defeat Mama. Luffy can defeat the other Yonkou. He gets other chances to defeat the Yonkou, Zoro gets only this one chance to surpass Oden/replicate Ryuma's feat.

Also Kinemon and Momo personally asked Luffy to defeat Kaido for them, Luffy also promised Tama that he will free Wano from Kaido's tyranny.

For more obvious reason that I would still mention nonetheless because it makes sense and it follows the usual pattern for this type of arc, Kaido is the main villain and Luffy is the main character.
I'm aware of the protagonist argument and I'm not convinced of it because Wano has broken from tradition in many ways:
  • It's the only other arc in which Zoro faces the main antagonist as his arc opponent
    • The other was Captain Morgan at Romance Dawn
  • It's the only other arc in which Zoro actively sought out his arc opponent (as opposed to just removing obstacles in Luffy's path):
    • The other was Mihaw at Baratie
Wano is a sufficient break from tradition that I don't find arguments from tradition persuasive. Please read this essay: Zoro's Desire to Fight Kaido.

I believe Zoro will play an important role but I don't think he has to repeat Ryuma's feat, he can very well do something else and write his own legend.
Two One Piece magazines suggested that Zoro will replicate Ryuma's feat:

But in that case Luffy would have to defeat Big Mom because I don't think Oda will make him a side character in the enemy's defeat.
I think that's plausible.

Also Oda doesn't really like to kill his characters and I know Kaido should die plot wise but it's Oda. A defeated enemy somehow is no longer a threat for yhe people he oppressed during many years.
I think Zoro defeating Kaido is a lot more likely than Zoro killing Kaido. I don't actually believe Zoro kills Kaido. My arguments for ZKK are actually arguments for ZDK.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Kaido said:
How high...
...Will your ceiling go?!!
This is a monologue on Luffy's potential, on the heights Luffy will eventually reach. It has little bearing on the current battle vs. Kaido and on whether Luffy will actually defeat Kaido. I don't find this persuasive at all. I've listed what I would find persuasive:
Luffy declaring that he wants to overcome and surpass Kaido now
  • Not in the future, not eventually, something along the lines of his declaration of intent regarding Katakuri.
  • E.g. "I want to overcome him, the Emperor known as Kaido, I want to beat him at his best!"

J

Jo_Ndule

Luffy vs Kata : "I will surpass him the man worth of 1b "
Luffy vs kaido and BM : "I will surpass you and become PK"

Imagine luffy said that to Katakuri but isn't the one who lands the final blow or beat him
Imagine now Luffy won't be the one to land the finish blow on Kaido

He can only do a combo with Kidd and Law.
Since that's what Oda has been doing by making SN trio do coordinated attacks.

Zoro isn't the one to beat or finish Kaiod, he won't be the one to take down Kaido.
That's Luffy Job! And only Kidd and Law can be there in the final round vs Kaido to end Kaido together alongside Luffy.

He promised to beat Doffy, Kata,...kaido won't be different

Zoro and Killer are just Law/Nami
They will weaken Kaido a bit

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
This is a monologue on Luffy's potential, on the heights Luffy will eventually reach. It has little bearing on the current battle vs. Kaido and on whether Luffy will actually defeat Kaido. I don't find this persuasive at all. I've listed what I would find persuasive:
Those dont make sense to happen imo

he said those things to katakuri who he took as a 1 vs 1 from the start

its pretty clear after his showing spunking g4 he will not be kaido level this fight
kaido who has already fought 14 people at this point no less

and the biggest point on that is

luffy and zoro dont interfere when its the OTHERS fight

that went out the window here

this isnt just luffys fight nor is it just zoros
so i dont see how a i want to beat him at his best stay back guys fits in here

Oda already explained in Kaido introduction that capturing him meams literally noting.
It doesn’t matter. The fact Oda keeps making people say kaido will die. The fact that he’s already been captured especially by vegapunk. I don’t think he is dying. I think he will be beat up enough to where he can’t even fight anymore and he is heavily injured.

I think it’s possibly the marines come into wano on CP0 orders. then they will capture kaido. They will try going for the pirates but just like other arcs the citizens protect the pirates. The people of wano have strong wills so it makes sense they hold the marines back from capturing the pirates.

then I can see the marines bringing kaido to vegapunk. We don’t even know what went on when kaido was captured. We don’t know if they actually tried hurting him or they just tried getting his DNA

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Cause you are reading two piece
Either contribute or fuck outta my thread.

Oda said Luffy will beat Kaido.
Do you have a link to the full statement? I'm curious what the exact statement was.

The solution Oda came up with might simply be letting Kaido get tag teamed. Even if Luffy punches harder and knocks Kaido down after he has been badly wounded by the other Supernova, Oda would have found a solution. I'm not sure if I'm recalling it accurately, but what I remember doesn't imply that Luffy has to defeat Kaido in a 1 vs 1?

Zoro will get defeated protecting Luffy from hybrid Kaido.
So Zoro's crowning achievement in Wano will be a failure?

Imagine after reading 1000 chapters of one piece and still think that luffy won't deafeat the arc villain.
In the only arc in which Luffy fought the arc villain in a tag team with 0, Luffy did not defeat them.

J

Jo_Ndule

Luffy vs Kata : "I will surpass him the man worth of 1b "
Luffy vs kaido and BM : "I will surpass you and become PK"

Imagine luffy said that to Katakuri but isn't the one who lands the final blow or beat him
Imagine now Luffy won't be the one to land the finish blow on Kaido

He can only do a combo with Kidd and Law.
Since that's what Oda has been doing by making SN trio do coordinated attacks.

Zoro isn't the one to beat or finish Kaiod, he won't be the one to take down Kaido.
That's Luffy Job! And only Kidd and Law can be there in the final round vs Kaido to end Kaido together alongside Luffy.

He promised to beat Doffy, Kata,...kaido won't be different

Zoro and Killer are just Law/Nami
They will weaken Kaido a bit
Since the maker of this thread is crying on my profile and doesn't like someone to say Zoro wont be top 2 or won't kill Kaido.

:milaugh:enjoy your thread and wank.

I won't comment here again

Either contribute or fuck outta my thread.

Do you have a link to the full statement? I'm curious what the exact statement was.

The solution Oda came up with might simply be letting Kaido get tag teamed. Even if Luffy punches harder and knocks Kaido down after he has been badly wounded by the other Supernova, Oda would have found a solution. I'm not sure if I'm recalling it accurately, but what I remember doesn't imply that Luffy has to defeat Kaido in a 1 vs 1?

So Zoro's crowning achievement in Wano will be a failure?

In the only arc in which Luffy fought the arc villain in a tag team with 0, Luffy did not defeat them.
he beat doflamingo even though law was saying he would kill doflamingo and even made a special weapon specifically to kill him. Thats a counter to your argument even though I am 90% sure zoro will use ashura for the final blow.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
he beat doflamingo even though law was saying he would kill doflamingo and even made a special weapon specifically to kill him. Thats a counter to your argument even though I am 90% sure zoro will use ashura for the final blow.
doflamingo hasnt been captured 18 times and it not being able to hold him
doflamingo isnt a mythical zoan that even if he loses will recover in no time cause of his fruit

doflamingo isnt a mythical zoan that even if he loses will recover in no time cause of his fruit
why overhype Kaido just for zoro, this man was down for like 5+ panels once luffy knocked him out
this is why koido the weakest yonko LOolo let zoro kill him the top tiers in opverse wont be impressed only killing/scarring big mom will impress top tiers

kaidos dream is to die.Oda keeps throwing that into our faces. I don’t see why kaido would die if Oda wants us to think that. also have you ever thought about the aftermath of kaido dying? What happens to his body they just bury it? It doesn’t make much sense for him to die and no kaido can’t heal from everything,

I have to admit that I was 100% on the 'Luffy will defeat Kaido and Zoro will fight King' train up until the chapter that he told Queen to get fucked and that his one and only goal was Kaido. Sure, OP Magazine ran that article about a new dragon-slaying legend being born in Wano but you can argue that it's non-canon and doesn't count. At the same time the evidence is slowly mounting that Zoro will behead Kaido, or at least strike the final blow alongside Luffy.

Zoro's dream has always been to become so famous that even heaven would hear of his great name. This plays into his tiger vs dragon motif, with the dragon symbolising heaven and the tiger symbolising earth and humanity. Kaido's downfall will be thinking that Luffy is the only one he whose potential he needs to fear.

It doesn’t matter. The fact Oda keeps making people say kaido will die. The fact that he’s already been captured especially by vegapunk. I don’t think he is dying. I think he will be beat up enough to where he can’t even fight anymore and he is heavily injured.

I think it’s possibly the marines come into wano on CP0 orders. then they will capture kaido. They will try going for the pirates but just like other arcs the citizens protect the pirates. The people of wano have strong wills so it makes sense they hold the marines back from capturing the pirates.

then I can see the marines bringing kaido to vegapunk. We don’t even know what went on when kaido was captured. We don’t know if they actually tried hurting him or they just tried getting his DNA
Its not the first time he lost or got captured. He gets captured all the time. He just escapes, Oda literally told us this in his introduction. He got captured 18 times. Literally noting they can do to stop him.
Post automatically merged:

why overhype Kaido just for zoro, this man was down for like 5+ panels once luffy knocked him out

this is why koido the weakest yonko LOolo let zoro kill him the top tiers in opverse wont be impressed only killing/scarring big mom will impress top tiers
What are you smoking. All that he stating was in his introduction