Questions & Mysteries Why is One Piece compared to Naruto?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The short term writing is not better, jesus these arcs are terrible and way longer than any of them ever should. Long term? Maybe but the plot isn't that complex so its p easy to be good at long-term writing.

Are you fucking talking to me about characters dying in a OP to Naruto comparison? NO ONE DIES IN OP not a single soul, they'll even throw around words like kill and dead but then magically everyone's A-okay and its a complete utter bullshit. I can name drop right now

-Mr.3
-Pell
-Angel Bitch's Dad
-Anyone that was defeated in the Skypea arc
-Princess's guard

Like literally no one dies in OP and its part of the reason why its such a joke, I'm well aware that changes for a major character but literally it has such little levity it feels like a cartoon.
Quick question, why are you here in OP forum? You havent even seen half the series and is saying it sucks judging it from the anime and bullshit criterias like deaths.......

The OP series is very complex....if you understood story telling, themes etc like you claim, you'd know this.

Also, you keep defending Naruto by saying it only fell off the mark in the war arc as if it changes the fact that the the series got riddled with plot holes, inconsistencies, bad story telling, false themes etc? Naruto was falling off the mark before then and the author himself admitted this.

The short term writing is not better, jesus these arcs are terrible and way longer than any of them ever should. Long term? Maybe but the plot isn't that complex so its p easy to be good at long-term writing.

Are you fucking talking to me about characters dying in a OP to Naruto comparison? NO ONE DIES IN OP not a single soul, they'll even throw around words like kill and dead but then magically everyone's A-okay and its a complete utter bullshit. I can name drop right now

-Mr.3
-Pell
-Angel Bitch's Dad
-Anyone that was defeated in the Skypea arc
-Princess's guard

Like literally no one dies in OP and its part of the reason why its such a joke, I'm well aware that changes for a major character but literally it has such little levity it feels like a cartoon.
The point are not deaths but fake tension. Nobody told you those characters were dead, they were just "most likely" dead, you didn't see them die on panel (anyway yup, Oda does this quite often), plus, and this is important, they were always secondary characters the audiance was not very linked to, unlike in Nauto were basically the author trolled the reader making seem important characters like Gaara and Kakashi to be dead just to bring them back with a deus ex machina. Same with Choji during the let's save Sasuke arc but that was way less important because Choji was a secondary character who impacts little on the story (almost like Pell, mr 2 etc). The problem is fake tension, it happened at least once in OP too (chapter 900) but anyway it was at least on a lesser scale since nobody was shown dead to be magically brought back.

About Oda not killing his characters you are almost right yet I would suggest you to read the whole manga since like you already know there are important death(s) even later on. Anyway there is an important death of a nakama even in "part 1" but you are already past that.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
One Piece has it's faults but they're mostly by design. Most of your complaints are preference related (subjective).

Naruto on the other hand, oh boy what a trainwreck it turned into. So many contradictions and plotholes, it was tripping over itself. Forgetting preferences for a second, Naruto was objectively a mess at some point.

More than anything the planning between the two series is worlds apart. As for why the two are compared, most people don't really critically compare the two (general consensus is OP is better written), it's compared for popularity reasons.

Enjoyment is a different thing however, anyone can enjoy anything they want. Naruto has far better choreographed fights so if that's what you weigh heavier when judging a show, that's cool. Especially since these are essentially battle shounen and OP does tend to lack in that department.

Naruto was kinda shitty. Man couldn't shut up when he started talking about bonds and other nonsense. Plus the author seemed to hate him. I mean what kind of a main character gets strung along by a girl for hundreds of episodes/chapters but doesn't get the girl :suresure::josad:.

Do I even need to talk about how much love Kishimoto shows to Sasuke? Is it even ever made clear Naruto is stronger in the Naruto anime and Manga (don't bring up Boruto)?

S

stealthblack

Oda and mangaka of naruto are friends and rivals, naruto and one piece are the most popular mangas in last decade. one piece won the japan competition, but seems naruto won the international competition with OP even if it ended, sort of...

Don't know why FT is in the same place as One piece or Naruto. Don't misundersand me, FT is on his own a good manga(okay the Spriggan arc wasn't great but the new 100years quest is nice and remind me the old FT chapters), but it doesn't even come close to giants as Naruto and One piece.
One piece,Bleach and Naruto was the top three in the Jump, every manga has his own good special thing, because that I like all three mangas.

Oda and Kishi are rivals, Oda even spend a full coverstory for the last Naruto chapter. Same goes for Kishi, when he bring his last Naruto chapter, in the chapter you can see a strawhat which shows that both show massive respect each other.

At this point, I will be blunt with you. You are not suitable for this place.

You haven't got even half the story and you are acting like you know the full story. People's death is very significant in OP, if anything, the flashback deaths should have given you that.

If you don't think OP is good enough, that's fine. But you are being truly annoying in a forum for OP fans.
OP is mediocre

I started reading manga with Naruto but man after the TS Naruto is mediocre, War arc is FT level.

I read Rave Masters in the 2000's and FT is garbage, one of the mangas that I could not finish.

But boy disregarding the USA market OP is dominating Naruto from start to finish and the USA is not that big as some want to believe it is.

ASIA, EUROPE, OP is as Naruto or even better seen.

Also, you can come to NF that is a Naruto Forum and the OP section is dominating all the rest including Boruto one.

Sorry to burst our bubble but naruto never was the same level as OP, the only thing that it got is the USA market because well the Anime of OP was garbage but in manga terms sorry there is no comparison, compare Naruto before the TS that is the same ballpark as some OP arcs but after NOPE.
if you want we can debate on actual terms:
plot;
characters,
subjects;
symbolism;
fights( this is where Naruto taijutsu part one was great until bijudaman came to action and mecha Susanoo);
Consistency( in here Naruto is below an actual tier);

etc.

Also you are rude I read naruto 6 times and Op 4 or 5 and I would not go to NF to say that Nauto is crap vs OP!

Last edited:
I wait after Wano

if Wano don't end things in shonen bullshit and do respect logic and power level and keep plot

and don't use

power up bullshit
plot armor bullshit
and other types of bullshit

and end the story in that way as well

one piece for me is considered as top 10 or even top 5 fantasy story of all times

Naruto don't make it to my top 100

it don't means one piece is better than EVERYTHING compere to Naruto

but over all ... it's not even logical to compere the two

Part 1 Naruto was amazing, Part 2 however... nah, it definitely dropped in quality.
Naruto fights and its choreographies were better? Remember that Kakuzu fight when Naruto intercepted the fight and directly used RS and one shot the guy who hold his own against Kakashi and Co? No build up, the choreography was poor as well, Naruto vs Kakuzu was an utter mess.

Jiraiya vs Pain, Kakashi vs Pain, Itachi vs Sasuke and Naruto vs Pain were the highlights but that's it. You literally have part 2 Naruto desperately chasing Sasuke - it is more emotionally? Bullshit.

Part 1 Naruto was amazing, Part 2 however... nah, it definitely dropped in quality.
Naruto fights and its choreographies were better? Remember that Kakuzu fight when Naruto intercepted the fight and directly used RS and one shot the guy who hold his own against Kakashi and Co? No build up, the choreography was poor as well, Naruto vs Kakuzu was an utter mess.

Jiraiya vs Pain, Kakashi vs Pain, Itachi vs Sasuke and Naruto vs Pain were the highlights but that's it. You literally have part 2 Naruto desperately chasing Sasuke - it is more emotionally? Bullshit.
Naruto V.S Kakuzu was about one episode.....and it was just as BS as Luffy coming in and stomping the dudes who had one shot his crew before-hand, or that completely outclass the enemies his crew is even fighting. That one episode awfulness from Naruto is the norm in OP just because its written with more emphasis doesn't make it any more stupid.

All the Akatsuki arcs were better than OP you just listing their fights and saying they were the highlights (when that was 500 episode and 300 chapters of things) is proving my point.

Naruto V.S Kakuzu was about one episode.....and it was just as BS as Luffy coming in and stomping the dudes who had one shot his crew before-hand, or that completely outclass the enemies his crew is even fighting. That one episode awfulness from Naruto is the norm in OP just because its written with more emphasis doesn't make it any more stupid.

All the Akatsuki arcs were better than OP you just listing their fights and saying they were the highlights (when that was 500 episode and 300 chapters of things) is proving my point.
Jiraiya vs Pain was 16 chapters, Pain's assault was 32 chapters, Itachi vs Sasuke was 11 chapters

16 + 32 + 11 = 59

5 times less than the 300 chapters you're talking about.

One Piece >>>>> Naruto.
Deal with it

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

You fail to explain why Naruto>OP. All you're doing is whining and shouting "OP sucks because I said so even do I havent seen half of it and judge it from the anime!" on a OP forum when there are plenty of Naruto forums for you to flock to. It's also amusing that you dont people to talk about the final arc that's in par with FT's final arc just so you can have a leg to stand on.

The Naruto author himself said he focused too much on Naruto n' Sasuke and neglected his supporting characters, especially his main heroine. People dying and coming back to life is okay, villains who were killing people for decades have a change on heart after talking to a naive 16 year old(Talk no Jutsu), Sakura's character regression.....so much tension.....

I think it's purely on the basis of being the two most successful Manga from the same generation and as part of the big 3

They're so different that any other kind of comparison is pointless and worthless, unless discussing quality and writing
Post automatically merged:

Again you're describing a Saturday morning cartoon, not a plot.

Those are basic shounen points lolol the structure of OP arcs are clearly exactly the same as FT......they did it first but still.

Also luffy starting out as the strongest was dumb imo.
They really aren't similar. One Piece breaks the mold.

There is no base of operations, squads/teams change frequently within the main cast. Other than Luffy, they dive in and out of relevance. Heck, you'll see there are even arcs where Luffy isn't involved at all. One Piece is a continuous journey without breaks. FT etc. familiarises locations over time, whereas OP does it through exploratory detail, without ever being visited again after the arc ends.

Luffy isn't the strongest. Nowhere near. Again, not spoiling anything but within a few arcs you will see just how weak Luffy is. If we're talking OP powerscale, Luffy in ep 1 is probably proportionally weaker to Naruto in ep 1 when compared to top tiers. Besides, even at the current point in the manga, where he is coming up against some of the strongest characters and the end is now foreseeable, Luffy still doesn't even rate on the top tier scale. It's like Rikudo Naruto being like 20% as strong as Kaguya as opposed to 50%

I feel you need to catch up before making certain judgements. Some of the things you said are misguided; this is due to lack of knowledge because you havent seen all the different possible transgressions, information, events etc. that OP has shown us

Last edited: