Powers & Abilities Why King has Color of Conqueror's as well as Adv. CoC...

Most likely case?

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
King literally has King in as his name. Every single attack name of his is 'emperor' themed. It's extremely unlikely at this point that he doesn't have COC. The question is whether or not he can infuse his attacks with COC. Given how he's not even impressed by Zoro having COC attacks, he's either extremely confident in his ability to handle COC users or he himself has it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
King literally has King in as his name. Every single attack name of his is 'emperor' themed. It's extremely unlikely at this point that he doesn't have COC. The question is whether or not he can infuse his attacks with COC. Given how he's not even impressed by Zoro having COC attacks, he's either extremely confident in his ability to handle COC users or he himself has it.
Thank you for being another person to pick up on it. Aside from massive Zoro hype what I got from this chapter the most is how stoic and unfazed King was seeing Zoro pulling up advCoC coating as if he knew how to deal with it or he is well acquainted with using it himself.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Thank you for being another person to pick up on it. Aside from massive Zoro hype what I got from this chapter the most is how stoic and unfazed King was seeing Zoro pulling up advCoC coating as if he knew how to deal with it or he is well acquainted with using it himself.
Ngl, although I think it's obvious at this point that he has COC, I am secretly hoping for him to have an ability that can fight COC attacks. I thought King's secret ability is his fire healing but after thinking about what Queen said about him thoroughly, it seems to me that King's true ability isn't healing or durability but adaptability. He's just adapting to the attacks that he's eating and adjusting himself in accordance with it. A perfect ability for a being that can survive any kind of environment. So I think King's so confident because he can do the same to COC attacks as well.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Dude I’m just saying what’s the point in waiting? King is not the type to hold back in a fight in fact he considers himself a killing machine. I’m not saying king definitely doesn’t have it, but IMO there’s currently no sign of it
The dude held back on using CoA hardening in this very fight.

@General Duke Hyuo here's another point:

Here's a list of King's named attacks:
Andon (炎皇) - viz. Imperial Flame.
Tankyudon (丹弓皇 ) - viz. Imperial Arrow.
Tempuraudon (貂自尊皇) - viz. Imperial Deep Pride Stake.
Barizodon (刃裏双皇) - viz. Imperial Slings and Arrows.

All these attacks contain this kanji "皇" which means "emperor/imperial".

Oda loves these type of word plays. Like all of Katakuri's named attacks end with Mochi and all of Marco's named attacks are a wordplay on the Fenghuang, a Chinese mythical bird which is the inspiration behind his fruit. But for King, this is the pattern that we're getting.

Oda loves these type of word plays. Like all of Katakuri's named attacks end with Mochi and all of Marco's named attacks are a wordplay on the Fenghuang, a Chinese mythical bird which is the inspiration behind his fruit. But for King, this is the pattern that we're getting.
Are you Japanese?

Haven't made a thread in so long, I forgot how to :milaugh:

So, Zoro has just bloomed his Color of Conqueror's to the next level.
In doing so, I strongly feel that what's coming very shortly is a Conqueror's clash between Zoro and King.

It might seem ridiculous to have to make a thread that King has Kings Haki, but I'm doing so to establish objective facts that will be coming soon within the story .

We know the layout of every established top tier Pirate Crew so far. We also know that the Yonko's have been in a stalemate for decades due to their similarly structure crews. From the Captain to the Commanders, the crew structure has been relatively comparable.

And each crew has had a Captain and a rising number 2 that has had CoC.

The only characters unconfirmed for CoC have been King, Benn Beckman, and Shiryu.

For Benn Beckman, we know that his existence is comparable to Shanks, he is the Moon, to Shanks sun. Just as Zoro (Shimotsuki~Frost Moon) is the comparable right hand to Luffys (Sun God Nika~Sun).

We have also seen on canon the Red Haired Pirate Executives were put on a different level of clout than other Yonko crews. While Katakuri has confirmed CoC, his name and presence was not worthy of being named, and rather was clumped together with Cracker, an inferior commander.

However, with the Red Haired Pirates, the executives were highlighted exclusively.

This sort of emphasis on the RHP Executives + Luffy's declaration to Shanks, indicates their notoriety and evidence as, at the least Benn Beckman must have CoC; on the account that Zoro has just awakened his CoC.

The Blackbeard Pirates are largely an enigma, BB himself has not been confirmed to have CoC. But as we know the clues surrounding his rise give solid credence to support him having CoC. And Shiryu, in the same vein as well.

Shiryu is someone of intimidating presence, a blood-lusted savage whos existence in Impel Down rivaled that of Magellan. And this was prior to owning a devil fruit, with just his sword skills. Shiryu is also an End Game combatant for the Strawhats to fight. And the properties of a story necessitate that the further along a story we go the stronger the characters become. Given that he is a No.2 and Zoro is a No.2, it can be assumed that he has CoC to fit the progressive narrative of the story.

Now given the future prospects, we look back at King. Zoro's first New World official fight against a Conqueror.
And just like how Oda usually parallels dialogue and fights between Zoro and Luffy, the similar has occurred again with King.

King shrugged off Zoro as a CoC user, as well as his newfound ability to coat his swords (AdvCoC), likely because he is unbothered since he already has it.

King has also shown several leadership roles throughout the arc that may have gone unnoticed.

Disclaimer: If you choose to accept Kings bounty of 1.39B released on the Vivre Card, will you also hold the above VC info as canon?

Now coming to King's ability to use AdvCoc...

King has had several Haki clashes with Zoro so far. Yet none were Conquerors. Currently, the two are fighting in an enclosed room.
Could it be to showcase a Haki clash that breaks the surrounding room/walls/doors/windows/etc? Or something more?

We have seen several characters showcase their usage of Adv.CoC within this arc already and roughly half were not Certified Top Tiers.
  • Yamato, Luffy, Oden, Zoro
  • Big Mom, Kaido, Newgate, Roger
What is limiting King from displaying this same ability when he has shown much more than what we could have ever fathomed he would have?

Going forwards I believe there's a lot more to unravel from King regarding how he looks behind the suit, origins in the BP, his Lunarian abilities, his backstory if possible, and how it will tie in against Zoro.

Thoughts? Add on's? Did I miss anything?

@bennbeckman @Shisui_038 @Peroroncino @TheKnightOfTheSea @TheAncientCenturion @Roronoa-sama @Light D Lamperouge @Jew D. Boy @Den_Den_Mushi @Topi Jerami @Tyki_Mikk @PizzaBread @Rekien @ShishioIsBack @ConquistadoR @Zowo @Aknolagon @zzShinichi @rerere @Gol D. Roger @Garp the Fist @Bogard @Lor D. Coast @mly90 @Reborn @KiriNigiri @nik87 @HA001 @Don DaSlayer @Seth @yorosenpai @Paperchampion23 @draganax @Salah WG @style @Fenaker @Akai2 @Cinera @ArdynIzunia @ThunderSupernova @ShadowStyle369
I want to see Zoro and King clashing conqueror's haki in the basement and advanced conqueror's in the capital. :myman:

But it's probably just gonna be Adv. CoC in the basement. :catsweat:

Damn GODA, someone just got the playing words right. :lusalty:
Congratz dude :cheers:

1. Having coc without acoc at this stage means nothing.
2. King having acoc doesnt stop Zoro from beating him.
3. Acoc may have nothing to do with beating King.
:goyea:
The way I see it Zoro learned ACoC to somewhat even the playing field, before then King was beating the shit out of him.

So if he somehow has ACoC too then its almost like he's back to square one if you catch my drift.

As for your third point, I somehow doubt that a power up as significant as ACoC that Zoro just got during his fight with King after pondering how to beat him has nothing to do with said ''beating him''.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
The way I see it Zoro learned ACoC to somewhat even the playing field, before then King was beating the shit out of him.

So if he somehow has ACoC too then its almost like he's back to square one if you catch my drift.

As for your third point, I somehow doubt that a power up as significant as ACoC that Zoro just got during his fight with King after pondering how to beat him has nothing to do with said ''beating him''.
The more powerful King is, the better, Zoro still comes out on top, regardless of what the enemy has to offer.

Cant wait for King to take 0 damage from acoc, lmao. Beating the shit out of him? What do you call Katakuri vs Luffy then? :yasu:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

Zoro looked so bad so far not because he's lagging behind King in skill or power, but he's lacking the right tool to inflict damage. Zoro wasn't just on the receiving end the whole time. He landed a fair share of hits on King but he was unable to damage him due to King's adaptability. If he's able to bypass that, he doesn't need to worry about King having even more powerful attacks than before.

Zoro looked so bad so far not because he's lagging behind King in skill or power, but he's lacking the right tool to inflict damage. Zoro wasn't just on the receiving end the whole time. He landed a fair share of hits on King but he was unable to damage him due to King's adaptability. If he's able to bypass that, he doesn't need to worry about King having even more powerful attacks than before.
ACoC can be used offensively as well as defensively, if King has it too then Zoro's new means of dealing damage gets negated and King will be dealing even more damage.
Post automatically merged:

The more powerful King is, the better, Zoro still comes out on top, regardless of what the enemy has to offer.

Cant wait for King to take 0 damage from acoc, lmao. Beating the shit out of him? What do you call Katakuri vs Luffy then? :yasu:
It was a beatdown too. Not sure what your point is.

Ngl, although I think it's obvious at this point that he has COC, I am secretly hoping for him to have an ability that can fight COC attacks. I thought King's secret ability is his fire healing but after thinking about what Queen said about him thoroughly, it seems to me that King's true ability isn't healing or durability but adaptability. He's just adapting to the attacks that he's eating and adjusting himself in accordance with it. A perfect ability for a being that can survive any kind of environment. So I think King's so confident because he can do the same to COC attacks as well.
If he can adapt to any kind of damage then how does he get beaten?

Failing to land a single clean hit is not beating the shit out of someone. But you already knew that. :myman:
King was beating up Zoro and that is a fact, him not being able to land a hit on him doesn't change that fact mate.

No, lmao.
What do you mean? You ACoC is basically a barrier of CoC coating you or something else.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
ACoC can be used offensively as well as defensively, if King has it too then Zoro's new means of dealing damage gets negated and King will be dealing even more damage.
Yes, but the question is whether or not King can completely recover from the damage inflicted via COC attacks. Also, Zoro's attacks are a little different from your average COC-based attacks from someone like Yamato. Zoro is exuding excessive amounts of COA, and hence the smoke around the swords, from all 3 swords on top of infusing them with COC.

Remember, Zoro's hitting harder than post-Udon Luffy with just one sword having excessive amounts of COA. Now all 3 of his swords have excessive COA plus COC.

If he can adapt to any kind of damage then how does he get beaten?
Well, everything has a limit. He wouldn't be working under Kaido if his ability doesn't have limits.