Controversial Why people are so salty because of Imu and his Gorosei could be the final bosses in the series

So who is the final villain in the series?

• Imu the immortal king of WG

Votes: 76 73.8%
  • BlackBeard

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Akainu who will dethrone Imu

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Shanks, but he will be not villain, but will fight Luffy in funny fight

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
The number one thing I’ve seen people say against imu is that he’s too impersonal to the story.

Blackbeard captured ace
Sakazuki killed ace
Imu hasn’t done any of that

I think that’s kinda the point tho; because the final war isn’t going to be about Luffy getting revenge. It’ll be about Luffy doing what he believes the king of the pirate should do, expand his kingdom to the entire world. And luffys kingdom is literally freedom which is why defeating the flag that stands as the opposite of freedom is the only way for this manga to end

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Final Imu's form could even low diff Kaido. People who believe in Crydo the filler charater are in delusion.
Let him start doing that against Sabo carrying people. Imu hasn't even had their appearance revealed yet, but they already have a final form? LMAO. What else will youcome up with about imu? :suresure::suresure:

imu-sama is planetary.
imu-sama is stronger than 5 Kaido (Even when he can't even knock out Sabo).
imu-sama with final form.

May I please ask you to give me the lottery numbers so I can become a millionaire?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Because Teach, and even Shanks and Akainu all seem like preferable final villains to Imu. Though realistically only Teach has a chance..

The Gorosei are cool as hell though, not dissing them.

Let him start doing that against Sabo carrying people. Imu hasn't even had their appearance revealed yet, but they already have a final form? LMAO. What else will youcome up with about imu? :suresure::suresure:

imu-sama is planetary.
imu-sama is stronger than 5 Kaido (Even when he can't even knock out Sabo).
imu-sama with final form.

May I please ask you to give me the lottery numbers so I can become a millionaire?
You live in delusion. Same reason why Luffy wasn't killed in Marinform saved Sabo's life.

Imho imu is the final villain. And I think that bb is also crucial, because imu, bb(ancestor) and joyboy have some connection. Most probably bb ancestor's will remained in the yami fruit, just like nika's.

We have lily, who "betrayed" imu and the other 20 kings, so we have bb ancestor, who most probably betrayed the d's, as bb was shown always to have opposite feats than other d's.
Dude thought that he should become the king of the world, betrayed nika in the most crucial time, which is why he lost and later got his ass kicked by imu.

I wouldn't be surprised if nika shared some sake with bb and imu to become brothers, only to be backstabbed by both of them lol (in contrast to luffy ace and sabo).

So yeah, final villain should be imu.

I think people jumped on Imu's bandwagon a little too fast. For the World Government's control is notably crumbling at long last, but Teach keeps getting more power.

If you think the idea that he's just for Laugh Tale and nothing else after that, think again.

I think people jumped on Imu's bandwagon a little too fast. For the World Government's control is notably crumbling at long last, but Teach keeps getting more power.

If you think the idea that he's just for Laugh Tale and nothing else after that, think again.
So you think the immortal god who’s ran the world for 800 years enslaving and annihilating entire populations isn’t the final villain?

I do not. Certainly, Imu and his five flunkies still are very important villains, but once the WG collapses, the fate of the New Era will be fought between Luffy and Teach.
The only way for that to happen is if Teach doesn’t challenge Luffy for the PK title and Luffy just waltzes in and claims it.

The other option is if Teach challenges and falls at Laughtale, survives then hides while all the actual work is done…then shows up at the very end in an unsatisfying manner when all the actual conflict of 800 years is settled in a petty “hey guys, I’m still here…”

The only way for that to happen is if Teach doesn’t challenge Luffy for the PK title and Luffy just waltzes in and claims it.

The other option is if Teach challenges and falls at Laughtale, survives then hides while all the actual work is done…then shows up at the very end in an unsatisfying manner when all the actual conflict of 800 years is settled in a petty “hey guys, I’m still here…”
I expect that the battle between Shanks and Teach will happen just as Luffy starts off for Laugh Tale, stalling him long enough.

Also, I do believe Teach is the one to reactivate Pluton. As Pluto, in Japanese, is Meiosei, or "Darkness King Star". How oddly fitting...

Damn.
8 years is a long time bro. It must be more frustrating as a long time reader when the chapters are mid and dragged out sometimes.
I understand where you come from now.
Only 8 years is a long time?
Me 21 years right now lol
Not going to drop this until I know what one piece is, don't really care about powerscalling shit

Now I know people could be furious because of my next words, but Younko are nothing more than just fillers. The only reason why they exist was to give Luffy challenge between pirates, to make him great pirate and nothing more. Defeating Younko never was end goal of series.

But there is still question, that should be asked, what about Marshal D. Teach? His name gave you answer already. He is from D. Clan, maybe he is not good guy, but he wants One Piece, his is Luffy's rival, but rival doesn't mean the Final Enemy, depending on series ofcourse. The Main reason why both Luffy and Teach are trying their best to find One Piece is to fullfill inherited will of their ancestors, whi was killed by Imu the King of WG.

SO why then people don't want Imu to be the final villain?

It is simple because of headcanons and desire for Younko to be the strongest in the whole world. Same goes with Admiral fans who don't want for power scaling change so much, that their beloved admiral wouldn't be even in top 10 strongest characters.
Overall I agree with you. The WG is a fascist institution that has had the world under its thumb for 800 years. The people in charge of it were always going to be the ultimate villains.

That said, I think there's validity to the complaints beyond powerscaling. Kaguya in Naruto was such a mess that I've mostly blotted her from my memory. The fear of a poorly developed surprise endgame villain popping out of nowhere is well-founded. I'd personally hate to see Teach and Luffy join forces and use the power of friendship to defeat Imu. I also hope that the powercreep doesn't get out of control- it also makes the story inconsistent.

I'm also personally hoping that the Gorosei and even Imu are regular humans deep down, perhaps with busted DF's and operations performed on them, but hopefully humans nevertheless. Having aliens or deities be final villains feels like a cop-out. Humans being the ultimate evil would be more satisfying. And I think it is going in this direction. Most CD's that we know of are humans that only like acting as if they're gods, but in reality are only special because everyone says so, just like royalty in the real world.

Blackbeard is the final boss of the series and I think oda has made that pretty clear imo.

1. BBs first target was Luffy and would have dogged his ass at the time
2. Instead, Blackbeard captures Ace and sets up his execution. Luffy holds him personally responsible.
3. Introduced as an exact foil with a mirrored dream, more of a rival than any other Worst Gen pirate.
4. Consistently growing in power and stays several arcs ahead of Luffy
5. Blackbeards darkness fruit is the thematic opposite of Luffy
6. Oh yeah, did I mention he got Ace killed for a Warlord title he immediately used to shit on Luffy's new friend who carried marineford

Akainu was just doing his job, so while Luffy hates him and might even want to kill him, Blackbeard only did it for the clout. And so Akainu humbled Luffy, and Blackbeard infuriated him.

Imu sounds like the natural choice, but this is a manga about pirates and Oda claims that things wrap up shortly after finding the One Piece. A pirate fight for the One Piece fits better, and depending on how Blackbeard folds there might be no one to mourn. Hence Oda gets to have one big blow out party funded by the treasure found.

edit: and if the WG could locate laughtale or follow one of the pirate crews there, they'd just Mother Flame all of them at the same time.