Questions & Mysteries Why people still dont want to believe if Coby might wins against Boa Hancock?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
i think it will be dumb for marine part if only coby and helmeppo who is the strong marine in amazon lily.
maybe coby , helmeppo, and 1 or 2 ssg will be deployed to attack amazon lily.
since fujitora might came to amazon lily in case "coby lose to hancock"

Veku

Flamboyant
Cause pre time skip, Coby was even less of a threat for Luffy, than Usopp and now his current rank within the Marine is just a captain and he hasn't even accomplished anything, except for doing something in the Rocky port incident.
Meanwhile Hancock is a well know infamous pirate, which has been part of the three great powers.
With her hax devil fruit powers, she easily subdued a experienced Vice Admiral and even Sengoku called her strong, also she is capable of using all three types of haki and it's implied that she's a advanced CoA user on top.

Coby's growth rate would have to be even better than Luffy's, to go from being a one shot material for base pre time skip Luffy, to be above someone who fodderized Pacifista with ease, which base pre time skip Luffy was no match for.
He would be in the same leauge as Luffy before he absolved his hardcore training in Udon and fought Katakuri, even though pre- ttime skip, Coby was vastly below Luffy....

Last edited:
Currently coby is weak compared to Hancocks portrayal. I can't see a fight happening them seriously and coby winning. Moreover I highly doubt a fight will be happen, both are luffy's friends and help luffy whenever they can. Highly doubt why oda would try to keep them at opposite end for no proper reason. I can think of coby and hancock working together to solve the issue of amazon lily not getting attacked. And probably some plot will arise from there which will then probably help luffy in later on.
Also I would say as a marine his main objective is of sword rather than a captain of marine.

I just don't see much use of coby defeating hancock. If it was just to showcase his power, oda would pit against an actual bad guy instead of one of luffy's greatest allies.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Currently coby is weak compared to Hancocks portrayal. I can't see a fight happening them seriously and coby winning. Moreover I highly doubt a fight will be happen, both are luffy's friends and help luffy whenever they can. Highly doubt why oda would try to keep them at opposite end for no proper reason. I can think of coby and hancock working together to solve the issue of amazon lily not getting attacked. And probably some plot will arise from there which will then probably help luffy in later on.
Also I would say as a marine his main objective is of sword rather than a captain of marine.
yes that big luffy bounty poster is a plot device..

Hancock has been portrayed as YC level at the very least. Coby reaching above this level would make him the character with the biggest growth while he was nothing to Luffy or Zoro pre ts.

He also thought that Kyros was strong, he seemed even impressed. Now I think he would be Kyros but he would need to put a lot of effort to do so. Meanwhile Hancock would 1 or shots Kyros.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Hancock has been portrayed as YC level at the very least. Coby reaching above this level would make him the character with the biggest growth while he was nothing to Luffy or Zoro pre ts.

He also thought that Kyros was strong, he seemed even impressed. Now I think he would be Kyros but he would need to put a lot of effort to do so. Meanwhile Hancock would 1 or shots Kyros.
oda should show us coby strength sooner or later since eos coby will be on the same tier as luffy or slightly weaker than luffy.

oda should show us coby strength sooner or later since eos coby will be on the same tier as luffy or slightly weaker than luffy.
I think in his prime he will be admiral level, luffy is can already give a high diff fight to admirals not named Akainu and can defeat Fujitora.
So yeah Coby can reach that level by eos but he wouldn't be in the same tier as Luffy.
If he fights Hancock even if he loses he can bloom and reach YC level maybe.

We're talking about Oda who puts the development of his story over any power level argument.

Story wise, Koby needs to get stronger drastically. Just now Oda confirmed that the story is over in 4/5 years, and Koby needs accomplishments, so i wouldn't be shocked at all if it turns out that Koby actually did defeat Boa or at least capture her with help.

It will also add tension to Luffy/Koby's relationship if it says in the news paper that Koby was responsible for capturing her. This would be an amazing development.

Let's be honest, does anyone see any plot relevance for Boa other than her ties to the tenryuubito as a slave ?

pre-ts luffy cant defeat Kuma -> post ts luffy able to defeat YC 1 and he about to defeat yonko.
Atleast pre ts luffy already has a strength foundation which he attains for quite long time since childhood until he first set sail. He's already superhuman when he started his journey, so his power grows so much in only full 2 years training is much more make sense than coby's.

But knowing one piece, it will not be surprising if Coby manages to defeat the woman whose power is hyped by fleet admiral sengoku. And also it's for plot sake that coby's power growth is so high