Questions & Mysteries Why people still dont want to believe if Coby might wins against Boa Hancock?

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Well, first of all, if Coby is to capture Hancock, he's not doing it singlehandedly. There is a fleet behind him, and they obviously have contingencies at play. The SSG are likely being deployed against all the Warlords, so Hancock will be facing more opposition than she expected, since SSG were a top secret project.

But I don't believe Coby and Hancock will even fight. Oda highlighted Coby's love of Luffy the second time he reappeared and Hancock has this giant bounty poster of Luffy. It won't take long for both to realize they have something in common, which is a shared admiration for Luffy.

Well, first of all, if Coby is to capture Hancock, he's not doing it singlehandedly. There is a fleet behind him, and they obviously have contingencies at play. The SSG are likely being deployed against all the Warlords, so Hancock will be facing more opposition than she expected, since SSG were a top secret project.

But I don't believe Coby and Hancock will even fight. Oda highlighted Coby's love of Luffy the second time he reappeared and Hancock has this giant bounty poster of Luffy. It won't take long for both to realize they have something in common, which is a shared admiration for Luffy.
I disagree. Coby still wants to capture Luffy, not letting him go.
What a PoS.

We should also account for the possibility of negociations taking place before or after a potential skirmish.

Coby is not an unreasonable person, and if he does just enough to consolidate Boa's belief that it would be detrimental to continue to oppose the marine forces that might come in waves after her, she might conclude that it's better for Amazon Lilly to let herself be captured, in exchange for maybe her kingdom getting some sort of protection or agreement to be left alone by the WG for the time being, or maybe a reasonable assimilation where they get to keep some local autonomy.

That way Coby can get some good feats in a potential skirmish and earn Boa's respect both as a combatant, as well as a person for being reasonable afterwards and agreeing to negociate with her. Naturally the news would feature Coby as the Marine Hero who captured the former Shichibukai Boa Hancock.

Koby, in my opinion has one of the biggest potential for growth in the entire series. He went from being an out of shape, non combatant, who probably didn't even know how to throw a proper punch to learning at least one Rokushiki technique in the less than a few months. His aptitude for learning how to fight is insane. I'd even go as far as to say he's a prodigy of a higher caliber than even Rob Lucci, as I wouldn't be surprised if he's mastered all 6 Rokushiki techniques at this point.

Considering he had already unlock Observation Haki, even before the timeskip began, means he had a leg up on mostly everyone else even going into the timeskip. No time needed to be wasted on him unlocking Haki, which means more time being spent on training it. I believe even in Volume 1000 (Which released with Film Z) Oda made a comment of how much Koby's Haki had advanced.

Also, I assume that S.W.O.R.D only takes the best of the best, so if I had to wager a guess I'd assume he's at least at the level of a low/mid tier Vice Admiral, despite only being at a Captains Rank. Is it enough to currently be able to beat Boa Hancock? I'm not to sure, but what I am sure of is he is not far off from being able to achieve something like that.

To me, I feel like Koby now is around Kyrus level based on Koby saying "he's pretty strong" at Kyrus.

And both kinda complimened each others.

For me, I see Hancock squashing Kyrus!

But then again, One Piece plot > power scaling

If Hancock is destined to lose, she'll lose
If Oda wants Koby to get wrecked just to say "I still need to get stronger and stronger to catch to Luffy", Oda will do it

It all depends on the mood of Oda

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

yes that big luffy poster in amazon lily might be a plot device..

oda trying to portrayed luffy and coby at least one the same level or coby slightly weaker than luffy.
if luffy is about to reach Yonko level, we see nothing from coby so far.
thats why hancock is the best tool for him.
Coby is a big ass bitch. Fucker got laid out one punch from a weakened Luffy who he himself was running on fumes. No fucking way Coby stands any chance.