Questions & Mysteries Why people still dont want to believe if Coby might wins against Boa Hancock?

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I definitely understand why people think Koby would lose to Hancock; however, I don't see Akainu sending someone to capture a former Shichibukai who's immensely more powerful without a plan in mind. It wouldn't make sense strategically to send someone just to get slaughtered, unless:

A) Koby's strength has tremendously grown
B) The Marines have a trump card via SSG.

I just don't see it being completely one-sided either way
:kayneshrug:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I definitely understand why people think Koby would lose to Hancock; however, I don't see Akainu sending someone to capture a former Shichibukai who's immensely more powerful without a plan in mind. It wouldn't make sense strategically to send someone just to get slaughtered, unless:

A) Koby's strength has tremendously grown
B) The Marines have a trump card via SSG.

I just don't see it being completely one-sided either way
:kayneshrug:
Yes, Coby had important tools for having a significant growth since he is portrayed to be on the same level as luffy or slightly weaker than him, and his mentor is Garp.

Even with an insane growth I can't see Coby actually winning against Hancock without resorting to SSG
Although I don't get why people keep bringing the pre-timeskip into this. Pre-TS and Post-TS are vastly different in term of strenght.
We went from the whole crew struggling against a pacifista to Luffy casually one-shotting one so IDK what Coby being OS 2 years ago has to do with anything. I know some people believe or rather want Coby to always stay fodder compared to Luffy but I really don't think that Oda's intention.

oda trying to portrayed luffy and coby at least one the same level or coby slightly weaker than luffy.
if luffy is about to reach Yonko level, we see nothing from coby so far.
thats why hancock is the best tool for him.
and coby's mentor is someone stronger than rayleigh.
The thing is Oda isn't trying to portray them on the same level at all.
Luffy was already much stronger than him preskip and with their respective traininfs over the timeskip,the gap only grew larger.
Koby was/is trained by garp but we know Koby specializes in Coo while garp is known as "the fist" combined with his harsh behavioir which hints at Coa proficiency which means Koby can only grow so much before peaking under garp imo.
Luffy on the other hand was trained by someone proficient in all kinds of haki and a genius master who still teaches Luffy till this day through flashbacks. Combine it with luffy's head start gap in strength at the end of preskip and you get someone who is completely on a different level to koby at beggining of postskip.
Since then,Luffy has only grown stronger and stronger through extreme battles making his haki bloom while koby is a captain who has barely any known combat feat to his belt.
Koby is a marine hq captain and doesn't even belong to the current age imo, his name will be a thing for the next generation and obviously weaker than Luffy, Zoro& most Sns imo.
I think Koby and Hancock are going to ally themselves through their Luffy connection and that will be that,no fighting necessarily involved.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Luffy was already much stronger than him preskip and with their respective traininfs over the timeskip,the gap only grew larger.
Koby was/is trained by garp but we know Koby specializes in Coo while garp is known as "the fist" combined with his harsh behavioir which hints at Coa proficiency which means Koby can only grow so much before peaking under garp imo.
Luffy on the other hand was trained by someone proficient in all kinds of haki and a genius master who still teaches Luffy till this day through flashbacks. Combine it with luffy's head start gap in strength at the end of preskip and you get someone who is completely on a different level to koby at beggining of postskip.
Since then,Luffy has only grown stronger and stronger through extreme battles making his haki bloom while koby is a captain who has barely any known combat feat to his belt.
Koby is a marine hq captain and doesn't even belong to the current age imo, his name will be a thing for the next generation and obviously weaker than Luffy, Zoro& most Sns imo.
I think Koby and Hancock are going to ally themselves through their Luffy connection and that will be that,no fighting necessarily involved.
luffy dream is became a Pirate King, and we believe he will achieve that EoS.
and coby dream is to became a navy admiral, like it or not, we have to believe coby will be an admiral EoS.

Blerg. Oda said in a Film Z sketch featuring Coby that his CoO was abnormally advanced and that he mastered the Rokushiki that took a whole childhood worth training for the CP9 to master. I don't think his growth has been halted at all.

luffy dream is became a Pirate King, and we believe he will achieve that EoS.
and coby dream is to became a navy admiral, like it or not, we have to believe coby will be an admiral EoS.
Never said koby will not be an admiral Lol.
I just believe he will be one at EoS.
Also koby wanting to be an admiral doesn't put him anywhere near Luffy even EoS.
We saw Roger in the Oden flashback asking for Garp and Sengoku together to the rumored fake "admiral kitsune",what does this tell us ? Simply that Roger wanted the 2 of them to be sent to stop him alone.
We aren't going to pretend admiral kizaru or former admiral Aokiji will be of any threat to Roger the former pk individually.
Same thing here for Luffy in relation to koby,Luffy is just so far ahead of koby that Luffy will need to stop growing and stagnate for a very long time for koby to ever catch up to him.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Never said koby will not be an admiral Lol.
I just believe he will be one at EoS.
Also koby wanting to be an admiral doesn't put him anywhere near Luffy even EoS.
We saw Roger in the Oden flashback asking for Garp and Sengoku together to the rumored fake "admiral kitsune",what does this tell us ? Simply that Roger wanted the 2 of them to be sent to stop him alone.
We aren't going to pretend admiral kizaru or former admiral Aokiji will be of any threat to Roger the former pk individually.
Same thing here for Luffy in relation to koby,Luffy is just so far ahead of koby that Luffy will need to stop growing and stagnate for a very long time for koby to ever catch up to him.
ok then i respect ur opinion, but again Coby had Garp as his mentor which is we believe he is stronger than Rayleigh.
so oda might used this part to make their gap little bit closer.

Blerg. Oda said in a Film Z sketch featuring Coby that his CoO was abnormally advanced and that he mastered the Rokushiki that took a whole childhood worth training for the CP9 to master. I don't think his growth has been halted at all.
I'm not saying Koby's growth has been halted.
I'm saying Luffy started much stronger than him,has a more suitable mentor and has a higher learning rate + always in extreme battles unlike koby.
The gap will only keep increasing as time passes especially since Luffy is now facing the emperors themselves.
For me the gap between Luffy and koby currently and since the beggining of the timeskip should be around as big as between Doffy and punk hazard tashigi.
Post automatically merged:

ok then i respect ur opinion, but again Coby had Garp as his mentor which is we believe he is stronger than Rayleigh.
so oda might used this part to make their gap little bit closer.
Imo the problem isn't who is stronger between Garp and Rayleigh but about who is the most suitable teacher to their respective students.
Garp is most likely an extremely gifted Coa master while rayleigh is an all round haki master who is proficient in all kinds of haki similar to what Luffy will be EoS.
Koby is a Coo genius and specializes in it,what could garp possibly do to develop Koby's Coo to the top when he himself isn't hyped to be proficient in it.
I just think Rayleigh is the better master and with Luffy growing every arc,there is nothing Koby could do to breach the gap.
Let's say Hancock is yc2 while Luffy is yc1+ at the moment,koby defeating her at the end of this arc while Luffy defeats Kaido (possibly the strongest in the world) with help,puts Luffy and koby at low top tier and yc2 respectively.
Do you see Luffy will still be much stronger?
And it is only going to get worse with future arcs.

Last edited:
looking back on it, I can see Coby not facing Hancock, but instead facing her sisters. However, I think Oda will surely retcon their powerlevel so that her sisters are veteran level. I cannot see Coby being below veteran level(by this I mean worth 300 mil bounty wise) at this point in the series.

and tbh, her sisters should be veteran level. They have strong zoans and they know haki.

if her sisters are below veteran level, then I could honestly see Hancock herself being veteran level and coby just beating her.

Coby will not defeat Hancock. There will plot like CP0 involves in the fighting. This could be plot ending strawhat pirate war with world goverment because it will not just for Hancock, something happen to Vivi and Sabo at the same time. We consider Vivi a nakama, Sabo is his brother and Hancock basically the person below Rayleigh in which Luffy has gratitude. It will be an arc involves these 3 people at same time Hancock, Vivi and Sabo. It was plan from IM, Gorousei and Shanks. Hancock definitely loose but not to Corby but to other hidden plot. Which I deduce gonna be CPO. Plus why just go for only Hancock, there Mihawk,Weevil and Buggy. So far Riverie has focusing people close to Luffy. Rebecca and Shiraoshi is not because they just friend Luffy helps not people that helps Luffy. Vivi conection may also for Pluton but she closer to Luffy rather than those two

So far only one character "de-hyped" Coby and thats Luffy.

Don't see Oda doing anything to ruin Coby's portrayal at this point in the story so I'm expecting it to be a clash with Oda using the moment to further hype Coby and his power growth.

Personally I don't think Boa is much of a threat once you get pass her devil fruit ability.

looking back on it, I can see Coby not facing Hancock, but instead facing her sisters. However, I think Oda will surely retcon their powerlevel so that her sisters are veteran level. I cannot see Coby being below veteran level(by this I mean worth 300 mil bounty wise) at this point in the series.

and tbh, her sisters should be veteran level. They have strong zoans and they know haki.

if her sisters are below veteran level, then I could honestly see Hancock herself being veteran level and coby just beating her.
Unless Coby fodderize the sisters then thats pointless.

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

Coby doesn't need to be top high tier or mid top tier to be admiral
Inbetweeners and low top tiers are admiral level already.
Even common YCs are admiral candidates if they were marines.

EoS Coby can be equal to fs Luffy and make admiral rank

she fodderizes VAs and some people still believe that anything below an Admiral can hold a candle to her. smfh.
Cobys progress is utterly insane. hes still far from Boas level though.
Admiral is needed for Jinbei, Law, etc..
Anyone who's mid high tier+, can't be beaten/captured by one or 5 VAs

The funniest part about Koby is:

Oda did a mistake in the reintroduction chapter saying he's "rear admiral"

Koby fans all got hyped saying he once again raised the rank and he grew once again above the captain level.

Not a single person complained or said it was bullshit

It really served to hype him more, then Oda rectifies it later and say it's "captain" not "rear admiral" Lmao

Funnies shit is seeing Koby fans mad for Oda not letting it slide and just retracting lol

oda trying to portrayed luffy and coby at least one the same level or coby slightly weaker than luffy.
if luffy is about to reach Yonko level, we see nothing from coby so far.
thats why hancock is the best tool for him.
and coby's mentor is someone stronger than rayleigh.
That's massive bullshit.

Oda never even once tried to portray them on the same level, not even close.

Coby has always been complete fodder compared to Luffy.

Every single time they met, Luffy could've (and did at two seperate occasions) easily one-shot Coby.

So far only one character "de-hyped" Coby and thats Luffy.
Oda himself did the biggest de-hyping of anyone, when he himself came out and stated that there was an error in the chapter release ("Rear Admiral Coby") and that Coby is still only a mere captain.

That's a clear statement by Oda, who very rarely comes out like that. It should tell you everything you need to know about current Coby's capabilities.