Future Events Will Flame Emperor Sabo face Akainu?

Will Sabo vs. Akainu take place?

• Total voters
Dread it, run from it, try to hide from it, there is no escape.
Luffy is going to fight Akainu. How terrifying that thought is to certain usual suspects does not change basic storytelling.

The answer is the same now as it has been for the last several years that it has kept certain Yonko fans living in fear. It is the same for past, present and future. Deal with it.
It doesn't matter at all if luffy were to face akainu lol. Zoro and sanji's opponents are always much weaker than Luffy's and they mid diff them at the end

This simply means akainu >> other Admirals but I doubt it lol

You're right. But we all know that a Shanks vs BB confrontation is going to happen and the same will apply for Luffy and Akainu imo.
Either Sabo will be a hypetool before Akainu fights Luffy or Dragon will be a hypetool before Akainu fights Sabo. I'm game with whatever happens.
It will probably start as Akainu vs Luffy, but then Sabo will interfere. Dragon might serve as a hype tool for both. Luffy being angered by Dragon's death, but giving Sabo the opportunity since he was the one closest to him, like a real son. That combined with the narrative of Sabo acting like Ace did (standing between Luffy and Akainu).

Whether people like it or not, Akainu himself is also just a middle man of the WG. He is not the first fleet admiral and won't be the last. Beating him solves nothing, hence Luffy will have to solve the problem at its root, while Sabo, as Luffy's brother and the middle man, will take on the WG's strongest middle man.

Well if Im doesn't turn into Orochi then Im is the final villan

Akainu is the face of the marines Sabo the face of the RA
Them clashing is inevitable

But does Oda really plan the series to end without Luffy facing an Admiral

It will probably start as Akainu vs Luffy, but then Sabo will interfere. Dragon might serve as a hype tool for both. Luffy being angered by Dragon's death, but giving Sabo the opportunity since he was the one closest to him, like a real son. That combined with the narrative of Sabo acting like Ace did (standing between Luffy and Akainu).

Whether people like it or not, Akainu himself is also just a middle man of the WG. He is not the first fleet admiral and won't be the last. Beating him solves nothing, hence Luffy will have to solve the problem at its root, while Sabo, as Luffy's brother and the middle man, will take on the WG's strongest middle man.
All of this however still feels too much like "i don't want Luffy to fight Akainu" though. Like, you guys create scenarios that perfectly fit into Luffy not fighting Akainu, but what if the battle is only the Navy vs SHP's and allies?

The Navy is guarding the holy land. What if Sabo and Dragon are the scabbards of the final arc?
While they go to the holy land to confront Imu and the Gorosei Luffy and co challenge the Navy and defeat them. That way Luffy can fight and beat Akainu and continue beating Imu or whatever his endgame is.

I never expected Akainu to be the final big bad.

All of this however still feels too much like "i don't want Luffy to fight Akainu" though. Like, you guys create scenarios that perfectly fit into Luffy not fighting Akainu, but what if the battle is only the Navy vs SHP's and allies?

The Navy is guarding the holy land. What if Sabo and Dragon are the scabbards of the final arc?
While they go to the holy land to confront Imu and the Gorosei Luffy and co challenge the Navy and defeat them. That way Luffy can fight and beat Akainu and continue beating Imu or whatever his endgame is.

I never expected Akainu to be the final big bad.
Sure, might as well be the case, but I don't think so. First of all, it's not about "I don't want Luffy to fight Akainu" but rather, "Luffy attracts people and makes them wanna join his cause". It's true that Dragon's and Sabo's initial goal was to dethrone the Celestials. But now, Luffy literally became the god figure the WG was afraid will come back for 800 years, to once again unite the people and finally destroy the WG as we know it. Sabo and Dragon will understand that, hence there will be no reason to stay in his way against the big bad (Im), yet still being of purpose by fighting the Celestials strongest shields, which are the admirals, more precisely Akainu.

Sure, might as well be the case, but I don't think so. First of all, it's not about "I don't want Luffy to fight Akainu" but rather, "Luffy attracts people and makes them wanna join his cause". It's true that Dragon's and Sabo's initial goal was to dethrone the Celestials. But now, Luffy literally became the god figure the WG was afraid will come back for 800 years, to once again unite the people and finally destroy the WG as we know it. Sabo and Dragon will understand that, hence there will be no reason to stay in his way against the big bad (Im), yet still being of purpose by fighting the Celestials strongest shields, which are the admirals, more precisely Akainu.
It's very unnatural for Dragon/Sabo to never confront the Gorosei/Imu.

- Law dedicated his life to beating Doffy and challenged him 1v1 before ultimately losing.
- Scabbards dedicated their life taking Kaido down and ended up fighting.
- Dragon created the Revos directly to oposse the WG so there's no way where a direct confrontation isn't happening for me.

Again. It all depends on the plot of that arc. I personally think Luffy will fight and defeat Akainu but i guess it remains to be seen what Oda plans. One thing I'm glad is that Oda clearly highlights Akainu and Shanks as major players for this EoS saga just like i expected.

It's very unnatural for Dragon/Sabo to never confront the Gorosei/Imu.

- Law dedicated his life to beating Doffy and challenged him 1v1 before ultimately losing.
- Scabbards dedicated their life taking Kaido down and ended up fighting.
- Dragon created the Revos directly to oposse the WG so there's no way where a direct confrontation isn't happening for me.
Though one must say, that Law had a very severe personal past with Doflamingo, just as the Scabbards had with Kaido. While the Revos are just trying to free the world from its oppressor, which is the WG. There is no personal story between Dragon and Imu in particular. He said the "Celestials" (plural) are the ones the Revos aim at dethroning. They haven't even talked about a mysterious king who stands above all and who the Gorosei themselves are bowing down to. So with Joyboy - Imu's literal nemesis - appearing, I don't think Dragon sees it as essential to fight Imu as in him having a sense of duty to avenge someone (like Law wanting to avenge Rosinante and the Scabbards wanting to avenge Oden and free their country). He wants to liberate the world from the Celestials/the WG, and if the liberator Joyboy himself appears, Dragon wouldn't mind at all.

The way it might go, is, that Dragon will directly confront the Gorosei and maybe even Imu himself, while Luffy will confront Akainu. Then, Sabo will interfere and tell Luffy to go on, because there is "a more important enemy for you (Joyboy) to take care of", hence Luffy then will interfere with Dragon's and the Goroseis/Imu's scuffle or whatever you want to call it.

Though one must say, that Law had a very severe personal past with Doflamingo, just as the Scabbards had with Kaido. While the Revos are just trying to free the world from its oppressor, which is the WG. There is no personal story between Dragon and Imu in particular. He said the "Celestials" (plural) are the ones the Revos aim at dethroning. They haven't even talked about a mysterious king who stands above all and who the Gorosei themselves are bowing down to. So with Joyboy - Imu's literal nemesis - appearing, I don't think Dragon sees it as essential to fight Imu as in him having a sense of duty to avenge someone (like Law wanting to avenge Rosinante and the Scabbards wanting to avenge Oden and free their country). He wants to liberate the world from the Celestials/the WG, and if the liberator Joyboy himself appears, Dragon wouldn't mind at all.
This depends on Dragon's motivation and past. To me there's no way Dragon isn't aware of Imu's existence and whether his target are all CD's or those sitting at the top remains to be seen. Besides, basic logic tells you that Dragon must be aiming for the head of the CD which are the Gorosei and ultimately Imu. The "normal" CD's are basically irrelevant.

The way it might go, is, that Dragon will directly confront the Gorosei and maybe even Imu himself, while Luffy will confront Akainu. Then, Sabo will interfere and tell Luffy to go on, because there is "a more important enemy for you (Joyboy) to take care of", hence Luffy then will interfere with Dragon's and the Goroseis/Imu's scuffle or whatever you want to call it.
Possible scenario. Who knows what Oda has in store. He is the unpredictable one so I'm sure he knows about all those expectations quite too well.

Dread it, run from it, try to hide from it, there is no escape.
Luffy is going to fight Akainu. How terrifying that thought is to certain usual suspects does not change basic storytelling.

The answer is the same now as it has been for the last several years that it has kept certain Yonko fans living in fear. It is the same for past, present and future. Deal with it.
Luffy will accomplish nothing with fighting Lakainu, Sabo will. Which is finishing the guy who hated Ace for being Roger's son, and removing Celestial Dragon top dog from Marines, that's what Revolutionaries job, not Pirates.

Oda clearly said Luffy's opponents are Yonko and Shichibukai.

Lakainu is not a Yonko or Shichibukai. Sabo needs to deal with Lakainu.

Deal with it.

By aching scar logic, then Shanks should be the one to defeat Blackbeard and not Luffy.

By "Luffy said he wants to beat Admirals" logic then Luffy should be the one to defeat Big Mom, not Kidd and Law.
He won't be able to answer this. :rolaugh::holdthisl: @Extravlad

Probably not but I can't see Akainu being the final boss
He's been working a desk job for two years. He's nowhere near as menacing as he was in Marineford

Yes, it will be funny to see AKAINU lose even though he has a DF that is literally a COUNTER.
Unlike Kaidou and BM, who are physical and durable aberrations with very strong Haki, Sabo can't make up for his DF being nullified with physical strength, or durability, the only option left to him is HAKI, and it will be beautiful when he unlocks Acoc and defeats Akainu. LOL

Luffy will accomplish nothing with fighting Lakainu, Sabo will. Which is finishing the guy who hated Ace for being Roger's son, and removing Celestial Dragon top dog from Marines, that's what Revolutionaries job, not Pirates.

Oda clearly said Luffy's opponents are Yonko and Shichibukai.

Lakainu is not a Yonko or Shichibukai. Sabo needs to deal with Lakainu.

Deal with it.

He won't be able to answer this. :rolaugh::holdthisl: @Extravlad
Nope. You’ve got it backwards. Luffy beating the top Marine will justify his place as the Pirate King according to his own words of surpassing the Yonko & Admirals.
Sabo is a Revolutionary whose goal is dethroning the Celestial Dragons.

Akainu hated Ace for being Roger’s son and Luffy for being Dragon’s son. Whose son is Sabo again? And why should Akainu care? Akainu is still yet to even say Sabo’s name. Sabo does not bear a permanent scar from Akainu anywhere on his body either.

As I already said, dread it all you want but Akainu vs Luffy is basic storytelling. It’s the maximum emotion possible for any conflict in the entire series, and fear of Akainu’s power ain’t gonna change that.

Would love Luffy vs Akainu but if it doesn’t happen I’m not mad at Akainu vs Sabo or Dragon. I just feel like Luffy vs the king of the world and Zoro fighting shodai kitesu gorosei are inevitable. If Akainu doesn’t fight Luffy I just hope the build up is sufficient. Sabo went through an understandable trauma in relation to Ace’s death but it still doesn’t feel stronger than Akainu scarring Luffy, killing Ace in font of Luffy because of Luffy being weak to defend himself, Ace dying in Luffy’s arms, Luffy showing anger at the mention of Akainu’s name etc. Now if Dragon falls at the hands of Akainu like before the war leaving Sabo to lead the army (he’s already starting to replace Dragon in popularity) against the WG he would be obligated to take on the leader of the enemy’s army (Sakazuki), killing two birds w one stone by avenging his surrogate brother and father figures.