Powers & Abilities Will the Raid Suit be permanent or will it force Sanji to want to improve?

So while thinking about the different parallels that WCI/Wano has to past arcs such as Water 7/Enies Lobby, and Thriller Bark, there was one parallel in particular that was right in front of our faces, yet easily missed because the parallel itself involves two different characters. At the beginning of Water 7 the Going Merry was deemed unsavable, and because of this, it caused a huge rift between Luffy and Usopp. I'm not going to go into much detail because at this point everyone pretty much knows how this went. Luffy and Usopp fight, Usopp leaves the crew of his own accord, only to be brought back at the end of the Water 7/Enies Lobby saga.

Now when you think about it, this is basically the same thing that happens between Luffy and Sanji on WCI, although the reasonings behind it were completely different. Sanji tried to leave the crew, but Luffy wouldn't allow it, and by the end of the arc they make up, and Sanji ends up back with the Straw Hats. The one thing we didn't realize however, is that Sanji is doing something as we speak that parallels what Usopp did during Water 7/Enies, although both for different reasons. They both dawned a disguise, that for all in tents and purposes, made them stronger.

Now I know what you're thinking, "How did Usopp becoming Sogeking, make him stronger." Well that's the thing, Sogeking didn't make Usopp stronger in the traditional sense, but rather when wearing the Mask, he became braver, which essentially allowed him to fight at full capacity, much like he did when fighting against Luffy when the Going Merry was on the line. Ever since Water 7/EL however, Sogeking has no longer made an appearance in the series. I believe Sogeking was basically Oda's way of showing us a glimpse of the future to what Usopp will become when he finally achieves his dream of being a brave Warrior of the Sea.

So my question here, is, is it possible that Oda is doing something like this for Sanji? Could the raid suit have been given to Sanji in order for him to realize where his shortcomings in combat lie? As it stands at the moment, Sanji is wearing the raid suit because it's the only option for him at this moment. But could Oda actually be using this as a learning experience for Sanji, to make him want to improve so he doesn't have to wear the raid suit in the future? Perhaps showing us a glimpse of what Sanji will become, later down the line? I'm 50/50 on it at the moment, but I do think the parallel between Sogeking and O-Sobamask is pretty interesting. How far Oda plans to take it, remains to be seen.
Despite it all making sense, Oda is a mediocre writer. He is bad with character development and motivations. He won't give up the joy of drawing invisible Sanji gags, even though the RS stomps on everything Sanji believes in.

"Character growth? What's that?" -Oda probably

Despite it all making sense, Oda is a mediocre writer. He is bad with character development and motivations. He won't give up the joy of drawing invisible Sanji gags, even though the RS stomps on everything Sanji believes in.

i agree he’s an ok writer but i hate that he would just revert the character progress after each arc ussop was kinda badass in fmi then he reverted to being a scared bitch and sanji was more serious in wci and he’s just back to the annoying overused gag that no one likes or finds funny

Last edited:
I am seriously wondering. Why does no one ask Oda in SBS "why do you hate Sanji so much?"
someone probably asked but wasn’t answered

seriously tho why does everything that is related to sanji is a joke? his opponents jokes(abslom and bon clay) his time skip training is a joke luffy got to be trained by rayleigh and zoro got be trained by mihawk while sanji is chased by tranies

i don’t understand why

someone probably asked but wasn’t answered

seriously tho why does everything that is related to sanji is a joke? his opponents jokes(abslom and bon clay) his time skip training is a joke luffy got to be trained by rayleigh and zoro got be trained by mihawk while sanji is chased by tranies

i don’t understand why
Oda should have given him Marco or Scopper as tutor. If he is even weaker than veterans in his base, Oda should make him train his base too. Maybe, let him not join the journey to the Raftel and make him train with Marco for a year or couple so that he can contribute better for the final war.
RS is a good power-up and it would certainly push Sanji to top tier if he were to be at commander level at his base. However, he needs serious training or serious 1v1 fights to grow better. If he is weak in 1v1, start his journey from weaklings, make him fight characters 2-3 tiers below veterans and let him work his way up from there. Don't let him go for big bosses of the arc directly from the get-go and be used as a hypetool.
How is he to be a serious character in structure of a Yonko (Luffy) if he is even weaker than a 10 year old (Page One)? Or is Oda planning to drop him to Weak Trio?

Oda is not a mediocre writer lol, being mediocre or below average at one aspect of story creation doesn't mean you aren't a great writer.

Sanji always wanted to be invisible so that doesn't stomp on everything he believes in, he also said if it helps him save his friends it is worth stomping on his pride as a combatant so that is character growth in a way.

Also the mugiwaras are largely writen as static characters by design rather than dynamic characters after joining the crew.

Aside from Usopp and Robin, when they have joined they have largely joined as complete characters with their steadfast dream vs. the world that must change to fit them, they aren't fuck-ups who need to massively evolve their personality to become better people.

Hopefully at the end of the arc on his extreme fight his rs get destroyed and he awaken his exoskeleton and improve his coa , if that doesn’t happen rs is permanent and honestly just throw the whole sanji development in the trash cuz is the most pathetic that can happen
He's taken the suit off for the main combat by the looks of it. Zero chance of the exoskeleton imo and that would shit on his development as a human combatant 1000x more than the raid suit.

His CoA has only let him down post- explosion nerf vs. a dedicated fullbody CoA expert (who was written as Doflamingo's right hand solely from his martial arts and CoA prowess), and Sanji got a moral victory in this clash anyway, and Luffy's marine rival took a greater loss to Vergo in the same arc.

Sanji might use it for combat, or he might save it for stealth missions, but for some reason he's taken it off for this part of the war, so maybe it doesn't work with hells memories or maybe it inhibits him by giving him too much safety and preventing him from feeling the passion he needs.

I don't see it that way, I mean Sanji didn't want to use it but nonetheless he did it 2swallowing his pride" and taking the help the man he hates the most gave him, all this so that he can his allies. This is a bit like Zoro swallowing his pride and asking Mihawk for training yet Zoro did that and become stronger as a warrior while Sanji had to eat this free powerup suit. .
100 % this
i dont get it why there is 0 problem of this from zoro fan yet some sanji fan raged about the raid suit

Oda is not a mediocre writer lol, being mediocre or below average at one aspect of story creation doesn't mean you aren't a great writer.

Sanji always wanted to be invisible so that doesn't stomp on everything he believes in, he also said if it helps him save his friends it is worth stomping on his pride as a combatant so that is character growth in a way.

Also the mugiwaras are largely writen as static characters by design rather than dynamic characters after joining the crew.

Aside from Usopp and Robin, when they have joined they have largely joined as complete characters with their steadfast dream vs. the world that must change to fit them, they aren't fuck-ups who need to massively evolve their personality to become better people.
I'm fine with Oda's logic in single chapters but he doesn't keep it consistent across the entire story. He writes Sanji a grand denouncement towards his family only to be saved by them in the end. Probably because he likes drawing power rangers.

Sanji used the suit to peep on women, that's not consistent with why he chose to put on the suit in the first place.

I only ask that Oda follows the simplest form of linear and logical character growth. But he doesn't remember what he writes from a week-to-week basis it seems.

I'm fine with Oda's logic in single chapters but he doesn't keep it consistent across the entire story. He writes Sanji a grand denouncement towards his family only to be saved by them in the end. Probably because he likes drawing power rangers.

Sanji used the suit to peep on women, that's not consistent with why he chose to put on the suit in the first place.

I only ask that Oda follows the simplest form of linear and logical character growth. But he doesn't remember what he writes from a week-to-week basis it seems.
sanji peeping woman after it was foreshadowed in thriller bark is inconsistent.
no dude he suck up his pride to make luffy the king

I've said it time and time again, that suit needs to go.

Every time Sanji puts it on he complains but compliments it, the suit stands against everything Sanji is about.

But I also understand from a powersaling point of view maybe he needs it that way he can do his Mr.Prince moments even better than before since they are in the new world.

I would prefer if Oda got rid of it but looking at the way One Piece is going it would seem as though the suit is here to stay and Sanji maybe improving through technology like Franky - from a power scaling point of view I have no idea where Oda is headed with Sanji,

Right now he understands that in order to throw a "Vinsmoke", he must at least has:
1) Durability similar to RS --> Strong CoA / Katakuri enhanced CoA
2) Speed booster --> top level soru with 40.000 douriki for example
3) Invisibility + Floating --> combined Soru & Geppou makes him unseen/undetected unless by CoO.

At 1 time he already know he cant match someone, then he'll use RS... until his own strength match RS, he'll try to fight someone who can break RS. That's the "relief time"; "I'm glad, then be prepared to go down! "
1) Wano, Sanji win so clearly and no debate room againts Tobi Goppo without RS (Cracker CoA, faster speed), then use RS againts Queen/King/BM/Kaido or strike againts Marine battleships for the story of Sora
2) next arc Sanji vs Yc2/YC1/SSG without RS & win... (unlock ACoO, enhanced CoA-Katakuri, faster speed = Niji speed), then use RS againts Admiral/ several SSG/ Enrage Army)
3) Eos appearance & portrayal The most troublesome pirate (Master ACoO, ACoA-Wano Luffy, combined Soru-Geppou)

i think it will be permanent since he is adored invisiblity so much and he has very very agile defence.

but poor sanji if it will be permanent. since the rs isnt so good powerup on new world top dog standart to begin with. sanji need to use his own creativity to combine it with his own technique. but the rs technology itself is already final since no one really can upgrade it except germa.

100 % this
i dont get it why there is 0 problem of this from zoro fan yet some sanji fan raged about the raid suit
To be honest I'm a Zoro fan but I also like Sanji. The situation is somewhat similair but while Zoro had to put in effort to become stronger training under Mihawk Sanji was given a free powerup and that of course pisses off people.

It would be like, let's say, Franky and Usopp make a bionic eye for Zoro which let him see fast objects he was not able to with his normal eyes (parallel to RS boosted def) and that can also cast genjustsu (parallel to RS invisibility).

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think he will need to realize that without using hands he is at a great disadvantage and will start using them.
Either for pistols, kitchen knives, short swords, some tech cannons or whatever.
If he loses his dream for the 2nd time, it might trigger some bizarre power-up equal to grabbing Nami's boobs.