Character Discussion Will Zoro get Nidai Kitetsu? and how?

Will Zoro get Nidai

• Total voters
I think he will stay with Enma and Wado at least. Kuina and Oden are too important for him now.

Sandai, he might replace it overall but I don't think with Nidai.

Shusui was a sword of the same rank as Sandai Kitetsu, and evolved to the same rank as Wado Ichimonji by turning permanently black. Ryuma never betrayed Shisui to acquire a stronger blade. A swordsman who lets his blade break is a disgrace, as what makes a sword powerful is the user's Haki. Wado is two degrees above Sandai, but in practice they are both on the same level in the hands of Zoro

Last edited:
For people commented that Zoro won't get Nidai, why Oda introduced Nidai at the first place?

Right now, this storyline for this sword has served no purpose at all.
To hype Tenguyama as a knowledgable craftsman, link Zoro to Wano further, to act as a gag with Zoro being distressed about Luffy mishandling it, to indirectly hype the shodai...

I'd say yea Zoro will get it. I see nidai going to 1 of 2 people which are either adult momo or Zoro. No way is 1 of the 21 great grade blades just not going anywhere. The way I see Zoro is him exchanging it to Momo/tengu for the sandai. If Zoro doesn't get it I think Momo will mimic his dad with his own 2 sword style with the nidai.

One of the highlight in Wano arc is Nidai Kitetsu, which is the upgraded version of Sandai. Oda made Luffy carrying it around and intentionally avoided Zoro to test the sword.

For me, it is clear as day that Tenguyama will give Zoro Nidai Kitetsu, and the only possible way is that Zoro needs to impress him somehow.

So, how could Zoro impress Tenguyama?
  • By showing that he can wield Enma? Tenguyama already knew that. If that is the case, Tenguyama should give nidai to Zoro before Onigashima raid.
  • By turning Enma into black blade? Tenguyama has mentioned about it, but how Zoro can turn Enma into black blade?
  • ZKK? This can lead to black blade and also make Zoro become the next Ryuma. Tenguyama will definitely admire Zoro and want him to carry Nidai. Just like Yubashiri
So, ZKK is the only solution to the problem. ZKK is inevitable.
Anti-Zoro cults should stock up pampers now before they shit their pants. :cheers:

Edited: For a person who says no, please explain why Oda introduce Nidai to the story at the first place...
As long as he gets to keep Sandai I'm cool with it.

Maybe Zoro gives sandai to momo so he can learn nitoryu like his dad and tengu gives him nidai. I don't see a problem with the color change, zoro's ryuo was purple until King of Hell. Two purple swords + wado is fine by me

Zoro won't willingly give away the Sandai things were different with Shusui as it was considered national treasure of Wano he had no choice but to return it. Same can't be said here, people were speculating Sandai would break in one of Zoro's battle's it didn't happen even after Zoro blocked hakai with it. Nidai will most likely go to Hiyori who gave away Enma as replacement imo

Zoro is forging 3 supreme grade blades. Unless a black blade automatically jumps the blade to supreme status (which there is no evidence for) he is replacing sandai at some point.

Nidai seems like the most likely candidate

Let me ask you this. With Zoro EOS at least Mihawk level, do you think all Zoro swords will be supreme grade?
Enma and Wado will be able to reach that grade by turning black, but what about Sandai?

From above, if you don't think Sandai will be with Zoro in EOS, what will be the best candidate to replace Sandai?