Chapter Discussion World Government is the real Endgame

Will World Government be One Piece's Endgame?

• Total voters
Bro...what is your point?
That Egghead is building up to the final arc like Whiskey Peak and Little Garden did for Alabasta. Notice that Alabasta is contained in one saga with Whiskey Peak and Little Garden.

Go back to my first comment. Final arc can be 400 chapters long and 10 years. Egghead leading to the end does not change the fact that there is much to do even after it ends.
But WILL Oda compromise his health and do another ten years for things that really warrant one big arc?

Literally says the war will come first vs Government, then finding One Piece will turn world upside down.

No one says finding One Piece will make BB disappear as well, WB and Shiki kept living after Roger become PK.

Yup, probably. Oda would still hide Imu if Imu was the final arc, then everyone will fall first then Imu would show up. Oda already revealed Imu as a fighter as well as Gorosei before Shanks and BB fall. Compare that to someone like Kaguya, no one knew Kaguya was going to be FV because no one expected that, Imu was suppose to be a secret like that if it was the FV arc.

Its still Revolutionaries job to handle it mainly. Thats the whole purpose of their existence, fight against government. Luffy doesn't give a shit about being Revolutionary.
Luffy whole family revolves around revo ideas, garp rejected being admiral because he didnt want to serve CDs, dragon is the revos creatures, luffy will fulfill their destiny and bring WG down.

Even pre timeskip, most luffys enemies were from WG with the two most liked arcs(Enies lobby and marineford) being against both marines and WG.

One piece is the story of bringing down WG, ever since post wano, oda been making it clear that pirates, especially yonko, were nothing more than controlled opposition.

That Egghead is building up to the final arc like Whiskey Peak and Little Garden did for Alabasta. Notice that Alabasta is contained in one saga with Whiskey Peak and Little Garden.

But WILL Oda compromise his health and do another ten years for things that really warrant one big arc?
I literally agree with you on the first point. This is the final saga, i know this. It does not mean villains like Kizaru or Akainu or Blackbeard cannot go down before the end of it.

And why do we keep parroting the narrative that his health is declining when since 2015, hes been taking regular breaks to counter this?

The man is younger than 50..hes not 80 years old like JRRM or something lol

This was confirmed with the chapter where Roger mentioned Joyboy at Laugh tale after which he checked on the conditions to do "something" which was most likely to take the WG down.

As said before several times the road to laugh tale was reduced to a requirement that triggers the real Final war.

50% of the One piece is Joyboy's biography, the other 50% is a tutorial to take Imu down and reunite the world.

This was confirmed with the chapter where Roger mentioned Joyboy at Laugh tale after which he checked on the conditions to do "something" which was most likely to take the WG down.

As said before several times the road to laugh tale was reduced to a requirement that triggers the real Final war.

50% of the One piece is Joyboy's biography, the other 50% is a tutorial to take Imu down and reunite the world.
Spot on.

It's actually quite baffling that some fans are still so stubborn and refuse to accept it.

It has been obvious for years and after the current chapter even the last person in denial should've realized it ...

Spot on.

It's actually quite baffling that some fans are still so stubborn and refuse to accept it.

It has been obvious for years and after the current chapter even the last person in denial should've realized it ...
Though i can understand that. You don't want to hear 20+ years into "I'm gonna become PK" that it's merely a stepping stone to achieve the real and more important dream.

It looks more and more like WG is the real endgame. A pirate crew simply can't match the might of the WG (even more knowiing one drunk cripple admiral was enough to neg half of Blackbeard commanders)
What puzzles me is Oda saying in a SBS that the series will end when the One Piece is found, what are you thoughts on this @Paperchampion23
So i think this largely depends in what translation of SBS you read from volume 97. Eten's imo is just fine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/isruex
"D: Odacchi! Is it true that One Piece will end in 5 years? Even if that's the case, a public statement like that is really vexing for the fans! Many friends of mine who are fans burst into tears with this sudden announcement! I feel like shouting "How could you do this to us!?", but I don't want to stress you out. (P.N.: pari_bentham)
O: By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure. Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed. Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history. I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying righting Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!

Now if you dont agree with Eten's translation and follow a few other interpretations, like Greg's from APForums, he still goes onto say that his wording is "weird" or at least leaves room for him to lie or have people misunderstand what hes saying on purpose.

For background, Oda is very adamant on Luffy's adventure to Laugh Tale being the core part of the series. The journey part of it. He has called the entire Paramount War, multiple times, a "side adventure" as a result. This is why I think his progress measurements (i.e. percentages, x years left) are all about Luffy getting to LT, not the manga ending.

So now take into the consideration that yeah, maybe in 5-6 years, Luffy becomes PK. The journey is over. The biggest mysteries revealed. The "juciest" part is complete. The climax however is a completely different story. What do you do with that knowledge and mystery? The series ending exactly when the crew finds out what heinous crimes the WG committed makes zero sense from a narration perspective. You dont unveil major plotwork for villains and then end the series, nor do you reveal it after dealing with said villains.

Hopefully that makes sense, thats my understanding of this.

Silver lining is no matter which translation you read in this, he calls the final saga large/long/huge.