General & Others Worst One Piece time skip arc (poll)

What is the worst post time skip arc in One Piece?

• Total voters
I mean yeah hody jones was the most stupid villain and fights were boring but is the arc where joy boy is first mentioned and it was interesting all the conflicts between humans and fishmen with fisher tiger and the Queen also it was the first arc after Post TS and SH shown new looks with new techniques
This arc came after a month break. We didn't need outfits. We wanted action. And it failed.
Post automatically merged:

I was curious, why Punk Hazard?
Post automatically merged:

I also think Punk Hazard is better than the more important post ts arcs. PH doesn't generate much anticipation but it kicks off an important series of events that we're seeing come to a close now in Wano. It also has a much better rhythm.
Honestly? PH would be fine but coming off FMI (which sucked) this just felt like the second let down in a row

Last edited:
Seriously why FI is so hated?i saw that arc in the anime and it was a good arc
Fishman Island, just like a few bad post TS arc such as Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, WCI, Zou and Wano, has:

- a lot of unnecessary explanation and paneling. For example, just look how many info can be omitted from franky and toy kyros chat panels.

- repeated scenes that conveyed no new info

- introduction of many tertiary characters with one-time use and no narrative impact

In short, those arcs can be compressed to around 50% of the normal length and nothing value will be lost. Imagine if we use the free chapters length for important stuff like Revolutionary, Devil Fruit/Vegapunk, Ancient Weapon, Yonko clash with the same length as Big Mom and Kaido, OR, you know, actual adventure...

Seriously why FI is so hated?i saw that arc in the anime and it was a good arc
- Shit tier villains. Both of Hody Jones and Van Der Decken were really so bad that people don't want to discuss them anymore. It's as if people automatically cropped Hody and Van Der Decken out of their memory because of how shitty they are.
- Not interesting secondary characters / villagers. Fukaboshi and his 2 brothers, Neptune, Shirahoshi, Madam Shirley etc, nobody cares about them.
- Oda completely skipped Fishman Karate Dojo which is already mentioned since pre timeskip.
- Fishman Island is the home of all fishmen yet their design in their homeland are all not good. Up until now, the best designed fishman is still Arlong, which is already introduced since East Blue saga.

Lol replace Hody Jones with Doflamingo and you will stroke off to that arc.
Actually, reverse it. Replace every other arc's villain with Hody Jones and the arc will be worst arc ever.

Actually, reverse it. Replace every other arc's villain with Hody Jones and the arc will be worst arc ever.
But that is my point though, that people hate FMI because of Hody Jones. They overlook the actual lore reveals that we got and the emotional moment between Fishmen and Nami, Jinbei etc. Also, it was only 50 chapters. When was the last time we got a main arc that had less than 75 chapters? Wano is 150+ chapters.

"only"
The Otohime Flashback is the only decent part of the Arc yet it's only 6 chapters out of 51.

Also the island was hyped since Post EL
Yes only. Last time I checked 50 < 80 < 100 < 150 which is WCI, Dressrosa, and Wano. A 50 chapter arc is a breathe of fresh air. Also, Wano was hyped all the way back to Thriller Park and yet you stroke off to this arc nonstop, as usual you never make sense .

So in other words you only read One Piece for the fights? If that is the case, then go read HxH, Naruto, Dragon Ball, JJK, Demon Slayer, etc since they all do fights 100 times better than OP.
When did I say anything about Fights? Swordmanship was more expanded on in Wano than Fishman Karate in FMI, this doesn't have anything to do with Fights