General & Others Would you consider dropping OP if...

I don't believe in the power of friendship either in One Piece, however I do believe in willpower.
To answer the question I wouldn't drop it, same as if zoro cuts/kills kaido, I would be happy if luffy solos kaido.

And to me luffy soloing kaido makes more sense than law participating in the fight when he couldn't do shit to doflamingo while luffy had a high diff fight and an extreme diff fight against 2 YC, and another training in jail to be even stronger. Logically speaking he was already more powerful than law in dressrosa, became a lot more stronger than law in WCI and should have law in his rearview mirror playing with the dust after Udon.

So no I'd rather see luffy and kaido in a 1v1 instead of law helping him. I can accept kidd too since we don't know what he is capable of, zoro too, he got enma and haki training. But if law comes in I call more bullshit than luffy soloing:kayneshrug:
And law is my favourite supernova bar straw hats so no hate here.

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Would you consider dropping the series if luffy beat kaido in 1v1 with the power of friendship? If not what would make you drop the series?
I dont think i would drop One Piece easily. "Power of friendship" or "talk no jutsu" were never the case in One Piece and even if Oda will run OP into the wall... i guess i would read it till the end, even when dissapointed as hell. I mean… i finished reading bleach and naruto also and we all know how These Mangas went…

I don't believe in the power of friendship either in One Piece, however I do believe in willpower.
To answer the question I wouldn't drop it, same as if zoro cuts/kills kaido, I would be happy if luffy solos kaido.

And to me luffy soloing kaido makes more sense than law participating in the fight when he couldn't do shit to doflamingo while luffy had a high diff fight and an extreme diff fight against 2 YC, and another training in jail to be even stronger. Logically speaking he was already more powerful than law in dressrosa, became a lot more stronger than law in WCI and should have law in his rearview mirror playing with the dust after Udon.

So no I'd rather see luffy and kaido in a 1v1 instead of law helping him. I can accept kidd too since we don't know what is capable of, zoro too, he got enma and haki training. But if law comes in I call more bullshit than luffy soloing:kayneshrug:
And law is my favourite supernova bar straw hats so no hate here.
My only problem with Luffy defeating Kaido solo (this arc at least) is the fact that it then begs the question on where the remainder of the series will go in terms of power scaling. The Marines, Blackbeard, and the WG are still basically huge viable threats and if Luffy ends up defeating a Yonko on his own this arc (something other Yonko can't even do or have tried to do), then what does that say about the threats of Akainu or Im or anyone else aside from Blackbeard (who we know can be more hax than he is already) or even Shanks (who we know nothing about)?

Its one of those things where I'd love Luffy to surpass a Yonko this arc, but they are nothing like the Shichibukai. They are all supposed to be "equal" relatively speaking. Kaido has the highest, living bounty in the series.

To me, logically the only 2 things that can happen this arc is that:

- Kaido/BM do not fall at all (with the ongoing Rocks plot I just keep this in the back of my head) and Luffy fights Yamato, the "Ace", or someone else.
- Kaido falls due to a plot/team effort. Either all of the supernovas take on Kaido, or BM lands a definitive/lethal blow on Kaido at some point.

Its a way to finish Wano without Luffy becoming quite literally the "strongest creature" himself if he beats Kaido.

I feel like people don't talk about this enough, and I still don't see how Luffy will win when he:

- Does not know awakening
- Has not mastered FS or this new advanced Ryou yet (he only JUST started using it against trees lol)
- Lost in one hit to Kaido when he got remotely serious (not even full capability, just "serious")
- Is extremely overconfident in winning because of one powerup.

Idk, I just don't see it happening, and Oda's gonna have to convince me otherwise if it does end up happening. Them not falling at least would allow Luffy to scale easier to Yonko level. IMO, I'd much rather Wano achieve in defeating both Yonko's crews entirely and letting the Yonko continue their Rocks plot and continue to scale Luffy more naturally (possibly fight someone above a Yonko commander but under a Yonko; Yamato or the possible "Ace" has this potential). I'd love to get a clash between all 4 Yonko at Elbaf or something before they fall.

I was never so disinterested with One piece than these past 70 chapters, tbh. If not for this community and the people we can talk and meme around with, i would've likely dropped it with the start of the Oden flashback, tbh.

I hope that the battle of Onigashima will get me back...let's wait and see.

Breaks don't even hurt me anymore since I'm not looking forward to a chapter like i used too.

I've grown sick and tired of majority of the Strawhats and especially the scabbards. Short arcs like the Reverie always remind me what amazing potential this manga and Oda has if he isn't tied to these stupid protagonists.

If he beats Kaido on 1 Vs 1.
:queenmeme:
No level of Bulls**t should be able to cover that L. On the second thought, I might not actually drop it. I’ve spent so many years following it and would like to see it to its end. :wellwell:
I wouldn't drop it but I'd be seriously concerned for the endgame. The Shichibukai were never mentioned to be the "strongest" pirates, just those invited by the WG to hunt other pirates and do their dirty work. In that system you have pirates like Crocodile who have zero knowledge of haki usage and are (relatively) much weaker than someone like Doflamingo, who is very likely much weaker than Mihawk himself or maybe even Weevil (who was compared to prime fucking whitebeard in strength, aka Yonko strength). It made sense for Luffy to grow from fighting the 3 shichibukai he fought and to struggle with the following one (hell, it could continue with Kuma even).

But the Yonko are all supposed to be closer to each other. Battling ends in stalemates, they can't overtake one another at least in the current confines of the world. Big Mom and Kaido fought for DAYS. Shanks has clashed with Whitebeard and Kaido and it led to nothing. Luffy defeating one does not spell it at all well if he has to face other Yonko or even Akainu. It makes scaling seem weird or off. It makes them not "viable" threats anymore because of it.

Its why I can only see Kaido going down by concentrated effort or just not at all this arc. Luffy soloing the guy makes ZERO sense with the information presented at this time.

I wouldn't drop it but I'd be seriously concerned for the endgame. The Shichibukai were never mentioned to be the "strongest" pirates, just those invited by the WG to hunt other pirates and do their dirty work. In that system you have pirates like Crocodile who have zero knowledge of haki usage and are (relatively) much weaker than someone like Doflamingo, who is very likely much weaker than Mihawk himself or maybe even Weevil (who was compared to prime fucking whitebeard in strength, aka Yonko strength).

But the Yonko are all supposed to be closer to each other. Battling ends in stalemates, they can't overtake one another at least in the current confines of the world. Big Mom and Kaido fought for DAYS. Shanks has clashed with Whitebeard and Kaido and it led to nothing.

Its why I can only see Kaido going down by concentrated effort or just not at all this arc. Luffy soloing the guy makes ZERO sense with the information presented at this time.
Luffy needed help to beat a High Tier Shichibukai, Doflamingo. He beat Cracker with Nami’s help, Katakuri by some last minute Haki awakening and his luck of meeting good hearted enemy.
If anything, Kaido should go down like the boss he is. (KnY Muzan-sama, if you’re familiar with that).
It’s as Kaido said, they’re just playing Pirates. They should know what real Pirates are like..!!

H

Haoshoku

I actually already dropped it with the absurdities displayed in chapter 976 and chapters prior, but only temporarily. I don’t see myself permanently dropping One Piece since I lowkey have invested a good amount of time into it. Luffy 1v1ing Kaido would be disappointing but not enough to warrant a complete drop in of itself imo.

Luffy needed help to beat a High Tier Shichibukai, Doflamingo. He beat Cracker with Nami’s help, Katakuri by some last minute Haki awakening and his luck of meeting good hearted enemy.
If anything, Kaido should go down like the boss he is. (KnY Muzan-sama, if you’re familiar with that).
It’s as Kaido said, they’re just playing Pirates. They should know what real Pirates are like..!!
Exactly, either put down Kaido "Oars" style or just don't put him down at all this arc (aka continue the Rocks plot). I would much rather Wano be a 140+ chapter arc that only resolved in defeating the Yonko crews and not the Yonko, over fucking over the "slow" growth Oda has given Luffy to get this point. Him beating Kaido right now in this moment alone entirely destroys that, as there is a clear, massive gap betweena Yonko Commander and a Yonko. He barely won against Katakuri, he should not even remotely solo a much stronger Yonko this soon after. There really needs to be another villain or two to get Luffy to get to "Yonko" strength on his own, if I'm being on honest, people that could bridge the gap between YC and a Yonko. Things like Kaido's son or the Ace or even remodeled Kuma or something. Then I could personally believe it. Either that or Oda really accentuates every Supernova's skill in defeating Kaido in the end, with Luffy/Kid delivering finishing blows.

If not, it entirely destroys the relative threat Akainu would impose on Luffy, for example.

Last edited: