Break Week Would you leave the forum / quit OP if Oda confirmed Shanks > Mihawk or vice versa?

No he didn't channel his haki through his sword, he was just standing there, and his hand was resting on the hilt of his sword, that doesn't mean he was using some kind of sword technique you idiot. He was also standing with one foot on a tie down point on the deck of his ship, does that mean he was channeling his haki through his boat too, or maybe the ropes that were wrapped around the post under his foot? You have no possible valid argument to suggest that that had anything to do with swordsmanship. It was haki and not the kind mihawk puts in his sword to cut things or people.
Note that the haki beams start at the height the sword ends, and yes that is one application, there may be others, it doesn't change the fact that he used the sword for such a feat. If it wasn't necessary, he wouldn't have used the sword, because he's far from Ryokugyu and wielding the sword wouldn't do anything.

What I said is very simple. In the manga, it did not matter to Zoro what other abilities swordsmen had. Unicycle, foot knives, fire, giraffe powers, poison, none of these other abilities mattered; they were all weaker swordsmen than Zoro still.

So once again, how come Shanks' supposed other abilities makes him a stronger swordsman when Zoro proved it doesn't matter? Ryuma and Brooke for example had the exact same skillset, but Brooke got crushed by Ryuma because was less skilled? Or was it because he was simply weaker?

You can feign ignorance all you want but until you explain why Shanks is the sole exception you can't be taken seriously.
King

BECAUSE ZORO IS FIGHTING MIHAWK TO BECOME WSS YOU DUMBASS
And zoro will only win due to superior haki

So if zoro becomes wss due to superior haki

That means mihawk the current wss haki > Shanks
Zoro has nothing to do with the conversation I was having about shanks you stupid piece of shit.

I wasn't talking about zoro v mihawk, I wasn't talking about zoro at all you fucking idiot, everything you are saying is completely irrelevant to everything I've said.

Yes it is obvious that zoro will have to have stronger haki to beat mihawk. They are both swordsman who only use haki towards that end, so they will both be using haki in the exact same way. Meaning that the one with stronger haki will be able to cut through the other ones sword.

Now as I've stated numerous times in the conversation about shanks who isn't just a swordsman, the way that mihawk utilizes haki for swordsmanship is only one of many ways to use haki, mihawk may be the best at that form of haki but there are tons of other ways to use haki that mihawk doesn't need to use or practice to be the best swordsman because the other ways of using haki don't have anything to do with swordsmanship you fucking retard.
Post automatically merged:

Note that the haki beams start at the height the sword ends, and yes that is one application, there may be others, it doesn't change the fact that he used the sword for such a feat. If it wasn't necessary, he wouldn't have used the sword, because he's far from Ryokugyu and wielding the sword wouldn't do anything.

No there is no haki in the left panel, if you're talking about the white line, there's one over his head too that is not proof and in no way backs up your argument. That wasn't in any way a sword technique. They didn't tell shanks to be careful with his sword, they told him to be careful with his haki.

It wasn't his sword technique that left the newbies foaming at the mouth it was his haki you imbecile

What I said is very simple. In the manga, it did not matter to Zoro what other abilities swordsmen had. Unicycle, foot knives, fire, giraffe powers, poison, none of these other abilities mattered; they were all weaker swordsmen than Zoro still.

So once again, how come Shanks' supposed other abilities makes him a stronger swordsman when Zoro proved it doesn't matter? Ryuma and Brooke for example had the exact same skillset, but Brooke got crushed by Ryuma because was less skilled? Or was it because he was simply weaker?

You can feign ignorance all you want but until you explain why Shanks is the sole exception you can't be taken seriously.
Again you idiot I'm not talking about zoro or any of his past opponents.

BECAUSE ZORO IS FIGHTING MIHAWK TO BECOME WSS YOU DUMBASS
And zoro will only win due to superior haki

So if zoro becomes wss due to superior haki

That means mihawk the current wss haki > Shanks
So this is about being the strongest? I thought this was like fencing where you hit the other guy with a plastic toothpick and get a point. :hope:

And I never said shanks was a stronger swordsman, it was already said that mihawk is a better swordsman. Now you're just trying to put words I'm my mouth because you're incapable of understanding what I actually said. Again I never mentioned zoro this thread has nothing to do with zoro.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The guy who said he doesn't see why swordsmen should only use their sword to win a battle, with Zoro agreeing with him. So I guess Zoro is no longer a swordsmen.

Again you idiot I'm not talking about zoro or any of his past opponents.
Do you really think relying on calling people idiots gonna help you get your point across? You just sound pissy and childish.

Again stop faking ignorance. You are talking about swordsmanship so in-manga examples of swordmanship that directly involves Zoro is extremely relevant. Or are you gonna start claiming running has nothing to do with sports according to your logic??

Since you're apparently so smart, can you easily explain how abilities outside of swordmanship can make you stronger than the strongest swordman when time and time again we saw it didn't matter?

The guy who said he doesn't see why swordsmen should only use their sword to win a battle, with Zoro agreeing with him. So I guess Zoro is no longer a swordsmen.

Do you really think relying on calling people idiots gonna help you get your point across? You just sound pissy and childish.

Again stop faking ignorance. You are talking about swordsmanship so in-manga examples of swordmanship that directly involves Zoro is extremely relevant. Or are you gonna start claiming running has nothing to do with sports according to your logic??

Since you're apparently so smart, can you easily explain how abilities outside of swordmanship can make you stronger than the strongest swordman when time and time again we saw it didn't matter?
Lol you are destroying him that’s why he can only result to calling you stupid :cheers:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
And I never said shanks was a stronger swordsman, it was already said that mihawk is a better swordsman. Now you're just trying to put words I'm my mouth because you're incapable of understanding what I actually said. Again I never mentioned zoro this thread has nothing to do with zoro.
Again no. Swordsmanship and haki go hand in hand. Mihawk can easily have better haki than Shanks since he is the strongest swordsman. Strong COA is mandatory for a swordman and Mihawk speciality appears to be COO given his epithet. COC is still up in the air since Zoro showed that becoming the WSS requires the will of a conqueror. And Zoro is very relevant to any topic involving swordmanship.

I'm not talking about swordsmanship at all, I've made that very clear to anyone with common sense.

You using zoro fighting fodder who barely qualify as swordsman as a reference doesn't change the fact that I was never talking about swordsmanship and you're too stupid to understand that no matter how many times I explain it.

I'm not faking ignorance I'm explaining that the points you are trying to make are completely irrelevant to everything I've said and the fact that you are too stupid to understand that makes it obvious that you aren't worth discussing anything with, you instantly go off topic and go back to talking about zoro and who's a better swordsman, which wasn't in any way what I was discussing.

I have been talking about haki, and have explained how the type of haki used in swordsmanship is merely 1 of many ways to use haki. That doesn't in any way mean that I think shanks is a better swordsman than mihawk, and nothing I said has anything at all whatsoever to do with zoro. If you can't understand that then you should just go eat some more dirt or something, it's simple and if you aren't intelligent enough to wrap your mind around such a simple concept you aren't worth the oxygen you waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol King literally said that he’s not a swordsman

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Lol King literally said that he’s not a swordsman
King never said that. It was Zoro who said King never said he was swordsman so he shouldn't expect any specific styles. Same happened with Cabaji and Kaku(who literally threw his swords away) who were still swordsmen.

Zoro also said that he'd too do whatever it takes to win including biting. Still didn't explain how swordsman Shanks is an exception.

I'm not talking about swordsmanship at all, I've made that very clear to anyone with common sense.

You using zoro fighting fodder who barely qualify as swordsman as a reference doesn't change the fact that I was never talking about swordsmanship and you're too stupid to understand that no matter how many times I explain it.

I'm not faking ignorance I'm explaining that the points you are trying to make are completely irrelevant to everything I've said and the fact that you are too stupid to understand that makes it obvious that you aren't worth discussing anything with, you instantly go off topic and go back to talking about zoro and who's a better swordsman, which wasn't in any way what I was discussing.

I have been talking about haki, and have explained how the type of haki used in swordsmanship is merely 1 of many ways to use haki. That doesn't in any way mean that I think shanks is a better swordsman than mihawk, and nothing I said has anything at all whatsoever to do with zoro. If you can't understand that then you should just go eat some more dirt or something, it's simple and if you aren't intelligent enough to wrap your mind around such a simple concept you aren't worth the oxygen you waste.

Just stop, stop wasting my time you are obviously too stupid to be worth any of my time. Honestly you should just drink some bleach any one as stupid as you doesn't deserve the resources they waste.
Dude seriously get some sun. Someone literally said that Mihawk was confirmed a stronger swordsman than Shanks and you respond with "It was confirmed Mihawk was a BETTER swordsman", and proceeded to explain why Mihawk is just a better swordsman by using haki like here:
No. I'm pretty sure mihawk is just a better swordsman... my expectation for shanks is for him to have the most advanced and well developed haki control on the verse while also having swordsmanship skills that are almost able to keep up with mihawk

It was confirmed that mihawk was a better swordsman...
If Mihawk is better than Shanks at swordmanship then he has better haki overall than Shanks since swordsmanship,strength and haki go hand in hand. The Zoro stuff was to give you examples of this being true. Do you follow?

Just stop, stop wasting my time you are obviously too stupid to be worth any of my time. Honestly you should just drink some bleach any one as stupid as you doesn't deserve the resources they waste.
Are you seriously telling me to kill myself by drinking bleach? Oh no that ain't gonna fly.

King never said that. It was Zoro who said King never said he was swordsman so he shouldn't expect any specific styles. Same happened with Cabaji and Kaku(who literally threw his swords away) who were still swordsmen.

Zoro also said that he'd too do whatever it takes to win including biting. Still didn't explain how swordsman Shanks is an exception.

Dude seriously get some sun. Someone literally said that Mihawk was confirmed a stronger swordsman than Shanks and you respond with "It was confirmed Mihawk was a BETTER swordsman", and proceeded to explain why Mihawk is just a better swordsman by using haki like here:

If Mihawk is better than Shanks at swordmanship then he has better haki overall than Shanks since swordsmanship,strength and haki go hand in hand. The Zoro stuff was to give you examples of this being true. Do you follow?

Are you seriously telling me to kill myself by drinking bleach? Oh no that ain't gonna fly.
You're retarded if you think better swordsmanship means better haki control overall.

Suggesting that you drink bleach because someone as stupid as you isn't worth the oxygen you waste isn't a death threat, or even a threat at all, but obviously you're too stupid to comprehend the difference.

The zoro stuff has nothing at all to do with shanks, that's like saying that luffy is a better swordsman than zoro because he ran around punching people with a kitetesu blade in wano thus making him a swordsman. Zoro is 100% irrelevant in my discussion as to whether or not shanks has better overall haki than mihawk who has better swordsmanship and sword related haki.

Go reread my baseball analogy, mihawk only uses haki in ways that relate to swordfighting, shanks is more well rounded in his implementation of haki meaning he uses it more ways and isn't just a swordsman.

And stay the fuck out of my inbox you little bitch. I don't want to talk to you in private, hell I don't even want to talk to a moron like you in this thread but unfortunately I'm not able to ignore mods or admin regardless of how stupid and genuinely worthless they are.