Break Week Would you leave the forum / quit OP if Oda confirmed Shanks > Mihawk or vice versa?

Apollo

The Sol King
How come two characters who respect each other in-verse can cause such heated discussion and insults thrown around ?
Its not like Z&S who are at each other's throats every moment.

They are about equal too, a fight between them would be extreme diff

How come two characters who respect each other in-verse can cause such heated discussion and insults thrown around ?
Its not like Z&S who are at each other's throats every moment.

They are about equal too, a fight between them would be extreme diff
Titles and powerscaling vs placement in the story. Its the same thing that happened where many people couldnt believe that Oda would let Luffy defeat Kaido "mostly" alone as the first Yonko to fall, leaving BB and Shanks to not even really give a fuck about the WSC and another Yonko falling lol.

Thats not to say Mihawk will be treated the same way, i think hes the penultimate antagonist in the series (Zoro's last fight), but I also think Shanks is the endgame. This idea has personally gotten me wrapped up and thrown to the wolves because of powerscaling agenda lol.

The thing is, i could care less about Swordsmanship and powerscaling, but the story has never once uttered Shanks as being inferior to Mihawk as a pirate. Sure sure, databooks say one thing, but those same databooks have contradicting info now about Luffy's devil fruit and even Shanks' potential origin. Its almost like Oda doesnt write them...and even when he does in SBSs, people cant fathom when its not taken as gospel. We literally had someone show the exact contradiction of Luffy's DF being explained anything but special in an SBS, only for the story to turn him into a deity because of it.

You have this character that stops Admirals and other Yonko in their tracks, stops wars by himself, speaks with Gorosei who seem to respect him, but all because of a title I'm supposed to assume Mihawk is the stronger pirate with a larger presence? Get the fuck outa here lmao, where did that get Kaido fans lol?

Just read the story and come to your own conclusion. I believe Mihawk and Shanks are close. I believe they are probably the 2 strongest pirates (relatively) in the series. I just (personally) believe there is more to Shanks than meets the eye, and fandom logic hasnt ever swayed my opinion on it.

And it will never until Oda actually solidifies their roles in the story, which either validates or disproves my opinion.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Titles and powerscaling vs placement in the story. Its the same thing that happened where many people couldnt believe that Oda would let Luffy defeat Kaido "mostly" alone as the first Yonko to fall, leaving BB and Shanks to not even really give a fuck about the WSC and another Yonko falling lol.

Thats not to say Mihawk will be treated the same way, i think hes the penultimate antagonist in the series (Zoro's last fight), but I also think Shanks is the endgame. This idea has personally gotten me wrapped up and thrown to the wolves because of powerscaling agenda lol.

The thing is, i could care less about Swordsmanship and powerscaling, but the story has never once uttered Shanks as being inferior to Mihawk as a pirate. Sure sure, databooks say one thing, but those same databooks have contradicting info now about Luffy's devil fruit and even Shanks' potential origin. Its almost like Oda doesnt write them...and even when he does in SBSs, people cant fathom when its not taken as gospel. We literally had someone show the exact contradiction of Luffy's DF being explained anything but special in an SBS, only for the story to turn him into a deity because of it.

You have this character that stops Admirals and other Yonko in their tracks, stops wars by himself, speaks with Gorosei who seem to respect him, but all because of a title I'm supposed to assume Mihawk is the stronger pirate with a larger presence? Get the fuck outa here lmao, where did that get Kaido fans lol?

Just read the story and come to your own conclusion. I believe Mihawk and Shanks are close. I believe they are probably the 2 strongest pirates (relatively) in the series. I just (personally) believe there is more to Shanks than meets the eye, and fandom logic hasnt ever swayed my opinion on it.

And it will never until Oda actually solidifies their roles in the story, which either validates or disproves my opinion.
Pirate isn't a fighting style.
Everyone thought shanks just had 10 boys too now he got a full on empire
His crew have crews.

Every single piece of one piece medium shows mihawk > Shanks

Nothing has the opposite

It's not about how strong Buggy actually is. The WG thinks he's a legendary pirate who rivals Shanks, and they gave Mihawk a higher bounty than him by a considerable margin.

Not only that, but they literally view Mihawk as Buggy's subordinate and he still has a higher bounty. And we're talking about a Yonko, not some random ass fodder crew. When has that ever happened before in the manga?
What the World Government thinks, and what they know is two different stories... They "Think" Buggy is this legendary Pirate, strictly based off of hearsay, and the fact that he somehow got Crocodile and Mihawk to become his subordinates. He has not Worldwide strength accomplishments. They are going off his rise to fame, which they have no clue is just based off of dumb lucking his way to the top. That's why you don't see Buggy with a Bounty that Rivals Shanks, even though he "supposedly Rivals him.", because Buggy's bounty has nothing to do with individualism. It's all about the strength of his crew, which happens to consist of Mihawk and Crocodile.

On the other hand, they KNOW Mihawk's strength and accomplishments. His bounty is placed above Buggy's, for that reason. One's mythos is based off rumors, and dumb luck, while the others is based off of cold hard facts.

Buggy just gets the benefit of the doubt because of who his subordinates are, so he has a decently high bounty, but even though he "supposedly Rivals Shanks", he doesn't get the same bounty treatment, because if the WG truly believed he rivals Shanks in strength, then his bounty would be MUCH higher.

And yall want to keep using this same argument, "Buggy Rivals Shanks so, bounty" then give everyone a good reason as to why Buggy, who rivals Shanks in strength, and supposedly has the strongest man in the multiverse as a subordinate, doesn't share an equally high bounty as Shanks.

If Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, and Buggy is supposed to be as strong as Shanks, then it makes no damn sense that Buggy's bounty is so much lower than Shanks. If Shanks had Mihawk as a subordinate, his Bounty would easily shoot up by another billion. Buggy with Mihawk as a subordinate, is still sitting a billion below Shanks.

The only possible explanation, is that the World Government doesn't believe for a split second, that Buggy is comparable to Shanks in strength.

HA001

What the World Government thinks, and what they know is two different stories... They "Think" Buggy is this legendary Pirate, strictly based off of hearsay, and the fact that he somehow got Crocodile and Mihawk to become his subordinates. He has not Worldwide strength accomplishments. They are going off his rise to fame, which they have no clue is just based off of dumb lucking his way to the top. That's why you don't see Buggy with a Bounty that Rivals Shanks, even though he "supposedly Rivals him.", because Buggy's bounty has nothing to do with individualism. It's all about the strength of his crew, which happens to consist of Mihawk and Crocodile.

On the other hand, they KNOW Mihawk's strength and accomplishments. His bounty is placed above Buggy's, for that reason. One's mythos is based off rumors, and dumb luck, while the others is based off of cold hard facts.

Buggy just gets the benefit of the doubt because of who his subordinates are, so he has a decently high bounty, but even though he "supposedly Rivals Shanks", he doesn't get the same bounty treatment, because if the WG truly believed he rivals Shanks in strength, then his bounty would be MUCH higher.

And yall want to keep using this same argument, "Buggy Rivals Shanks so, bounty" then give everyone a good reason as to why Buggy, who rivals Shanks in strength, and supposedly has the strongest man in the multiverse as a subordinate, doesn't share an equally high bounty as Shanks.

If Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, and Buggy is supposed to be as strong as Shanks, then it makes no damn sense that Buggy's bounty is so much lower than Shanks.

The only possible explanation, is that the World Government doesn't believe for a split second, that Buggy is comparable to Shanks in strength.
Of course it does.
Shanks bum ass has a massive empire
Where he has territories
And his crew each have a crew

A yonko bounty is 2.2 bil for a new yonko proven

Shanks has 4 for his whole empire nothing to do with him on his own

Buggys crew is weaker than when he was a warlord
So all cross guild is
Croc Mr 1
Buggys weakened crew
Mihawk

No empire
No territories

Yet one is just under yonko bbs bounty 2 are above and one who is seen as a subordinate even though he is Co leader is barely behind Shanks

Of course it does.
Where he has territories

So all cross guild is
Croc Mr 1
Buggys weakened crew
Mihawk

No empire
No territories

Yet one is just under yonko bbs bounty 2 are above and one who is seen as a subordinate even though he is Co leader is barely behind Shanks
What on God's green Earth does territories have to do with Bounty? Roger didn't have any territories and has the highest known bounty to date. So don't give me that crap. Give Buggy 1000 islands, and his bounty won't increase a penny.

HA001

What on God's green Earth does territories have to do with Bounty? Roger didn't have any territories and has the highest known bounty to date. So don't give me that crap. Give Buggy 1000 islands, and his bounty won't increase a penny.
:gokulaugh:

They have everything to do with yonkos.
They have an empire cause that's how many territories they have
Bb became a yonko by taking wbs territories
How tf do you know Roger has no territories? Where was that ever said ?
Give Buggy 1000 Islands and his bounty bigger than Shanks

Of course it does.
Where he has territories

So all cross guild is
Croc Mr 1
Buggys weakened crew
Mihawk

No empire
No territories

Explain then how Luffy, a yonko with a fleet and influence in multiple countries, has the exact same bounty as Kid and Law, who do not.

I find it hilarious now that being a Yonko is considered a fucking detriment to powerscaling bounties lmao

:gokulaugh:

They have everything to do with yonkos.
They have an empire cause that's how many territories they have
Bb became a yonko by taking wbs territories
How tf do you know Roger has no territories? Where was that ever said ?
Give Buggy 1000 Islands and his bounty bigger than Shanks
You're contradicting yourself, because if territories mattered, Buggy wouldn't be a Yonko, no matter how strong his crew is. *facepalm*

HA001

Explain then how Luffy, a yonko with a fleet and influence in multiple countries, has the exact same bounty as Kid and Law, who do not.

I find it hilarious now that being a Yonko is considered a fucking detriment to powerscaling bounties lmao
The same reason he and law shared 500 mil at the end of dressrosa.

They saw it as a 3 way alliance between the 3 of them and split it

Notice the only one with a fleet and territories is the yonko

The same reason he and law shared 500 mil at the end of dressrosa.

They saw it as a 3 way alliance between the 3 of them and split it

Notice the only one with a fleet and territories is the yonko
Luffy shares a bounty with Kid and Law, but is the Yonko because he has territories. Buggy shares practically the same bounty as them, yet has no territories and is a Yonko. You are contradicting yourself.

Territories don't matter.

HA001

You're contradicting yourself, because if territories mattered, Buggy wouldn't be a Yonko, no matter how strong his crew is. *facepalm*
It's not a contradiction though is it. Blackbeard literally became a yonko due to taking wbs territories
Memes empire was also mentioned
And Shanks crew

They are the ones proven to have empires and massive crews be the reason they are yonko
Post automatically merged:

Again, why the fuck does that matter when your argument is Yonko=Inflated Bounty.
Because they got the bounties for beating meme and kaido whilst that isn't the SOLE reason luffy is yonko

It's not a contradiction though is it. Blackbeard literally became a yonko due to taking wbs territories
Memes empire was also mentioned
And Shanks crew

They are the ones proven to have empires and massive crews be the reason they are yonko
Post automatically merged:

Because they got the bounties for beating meme and kaido whilst that isn't the SOLE reason luffy is yonko
Again, their bounties are the same. Yet, you use this argument against Shanks for some stupid ass reason. You arent making any fucking now lmao