Character Discussion WSS is a joke

Mihawk is a fraud

• Total voters
I dont know what Oda is smoking. Mihawk feat now is so terrible and ruin the WSS title. This even get worst when compared with Rayleigh.

- Marine scare to death to fight Rayleigh. In contrast, Mihawk got surround by marine ships immediately once he lost 7 warlord title.

- Rayleigh could enjoy peaceful life without relying on anyone. In contrast, Mihawk need to work under government and now Buggy in order to secure his boring life.

- Rayleigh doesnt hesitate to fight admirals and Yonko. Teach and Kizaru scare of him. In contrast, Mihawk seems to avoid fighting anyone. In marine ford he get stalled by Vista, the 4th commander. Come on, where is the bloodlust to fight strong opponent.

Honestly, this makes Zoro dream sound like a joke now. What's the point of being WSS without being the strongest fighter? I expect Mihawk to live up the hype as a solo pirate who no one dare to challenge him, not a clown's subordinate like this.

Last edited:
A Marine Ship was literally chasing WB (Crew Included)

Quiet Life =/= Peaceful Life
There is Difference between Living knowing No One's gonna bother you and Living Peacefully but must remain Careful at all times
Rayleigh literally explained that He isn't fully retired & living peacefully yet cuz his Bounty is still Active

Oda literally explained that Fights in OP are about Dreams, that's why Luffy didn't bother Fighting Bellamy until it became Personal, every Single Fight in OP has a Purpose & both Parties have Goals. Mihawk is already WSS & He doesn't Value anyone or anything, so He fights to protect or enforce what exactly?

Mihawk only showed Interest in Fighting Luffy cuz Shanks hyped him as Someone with Higher Potential than Shanks
And He also showed interest in Zoro after witnessing his Potential to Triple his Power (Eventually manifested into Asura)
So Mihawk isn't interested in Yonko or Admiral Level, He wants to Witness what's Beyond it

You're also overreacting when Mihawk didn't even show his Named Attack or had his Own Chapter
At certain points of Story, every Single Character received similar Treatment by reactionary Fans, whether it's Shanks or Garp or even Kaidou

Last Chapter didn't make Mihawk look Bad at all, but Buggy seemed like bigger Figure, that's cuz He is
I don't know if you haven't realized it yet, but Luffy, Blackbeard & Buggy are not just on Path to become Pirate King
They are Portrayed as New Religious Figures, it's basically similar to Usopp in Dressrosa Arc, but on World Scale

I guarantee you that Buggy is gonna sit on Empty Throne & if you read Story of Oz, you realize He was always meant to be there, that's why He is a Clown & why when Luffy announced his Dream, Buggy said "If you are Pirate King, then I'm God!"

It's literally a Story where People get Intimidated by Luffy's Famous Line, and yet Oda made Buggy reply with an even Greater Dream lol
You will say it's a Gag, but him being Yonko is also a Gag, his whole Existence is a Gag, but it's still part of Story, He is a Big Shot indeed

Last Chapter wasn't created for people to say "Oh, Mihawk is Underwhelming"
You were supposed to say "Damn, Buggy is so Amazing that He steals spotlight even from WSS"

Oda literally done the same with WB & Shanks, but No one said "WB or Shanks are Frauds"
They understood it as it is, it was Hype for Buggy as someone who Rivals EOS Luffy in Fame

They literally entered Grand Line together, both considered Masterminds behind Impel Down Escape, both Stood Equally in front of WB, both became World Famous in NW (Luffy as a Major Supernova & Buggy as a Warlord) & then they both became Yonko, you think Oda gonna stop here?

Understand the Story well & stop seeing every single laugh, face, sweat, word as a Power Level Argument, that's dumb
Straw Hats, Red-Hair Pirates & Blackbeard Pirates are clearly Balanced & Match each other in Race for OP
Oda even made it clear by giving them same number of Commanders, Poneglyphs & Portrayal

Cross Guild is The Wild Card, instead of being a Balanced Organization, They instead have The Best in each Category
Buggy represents Ultimate Fame/Influence, Mihawk represents Ultimate Power & Crocodile represents Ultimate Wealth

I dont know what Oda is smoking. Mihawk feat now is so terrible and ruin the WSS title. This even get worst when compared with Rayleigh.

- Marine scare to death to fight Rayleigh. In contrast, Mihawk got surround by marine ships immediately once he lost 7 warlord title.

- Rayleigh could enjoy peaceful life without relying on anyone. In contrast, Mihawk need to work under government and now Buggy in order to secure his boring life.

- Rayleigh doesnt hesitate to fight admirals and Yonko. Teach and Kizaru scare of him. In contrast, Mihawk seems to avoid fighting anyone. In marine ford he get stalled by Vista, the 4th commander. Come on, where is the bloodlust to fight strong opponent.

Honestly, this makes Zoro dream sound like a joke now. What's the point of being WSS without being the strongest fighter? I expect Mihawk to live up the hype as a solo pirate who no one dare to challenge him, not a clown's subordinate like this.
In the first place, WSS is never the strongest fighter, since that is the place aimed by Kaidou-WB-Roger-Xebec and now Luffy. I think you shouldnt have that high of expectation since the strongest fighter will always be Luffy's place.

And i think Oda placing Mihawk as Buggy's subordinate is due to the narrative of Cross Guild participation in Laugh Tale Battle...

It's going to be so sweet when he's done being a "coward"

Mihawk>
Post automatically merged:

Last Chapter wasn't created for people to say "Oh, Mihawk is Underwhelming"
You were supposed to say "Damn, Buggy is so Amazing that He steals spotlight even from WSS"
That's exactly it. Buggy was so great, even WSS looked like the side show. mihawk will have no choice but to accept buggy dream.

Last edited:
Leaving the new chapter a side.

It is and Zoro and Mihakw fans have to accept.

Everytime people will talk about grand title it's always Yonkou PK. Admiral.

No one is interested in the WSS, no one cares that Mihawk has it

No one is even contesting it bar Zoro

His portrayal just do not carry the same gravitas as the other toptl tier he should be equal.

It's is a shitty portrayal by Oda, but it is what is WSS get no hype.

And I am a Mihawk fan.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

His portrayal just do not carry the same gravitas as the other toptl tier he should be equal.

And I am a Mihawk fan.
How many people are interested in WSM/WSC and how many people compete for that ? How many people cared that Kaido/WB had that title? :catsure:

How many people are interested in WSM/WSC and how many people compete for that ? How many people cared that Kaido/WB had that title? :catsure:
Kaido and WB were always Yonkou first and title holders second, they happened to have the title. Because of Oda hype.

Mihawk just has the title.

If you remove WB and Kaido title from the story nothing changes bar some scaling to Roger.

While Mihawk without WSS is much more ambiguous.

Not saying Mihawk himself is weak, but the portrayal of the WSS title ( the most important part of his character) is bad.

And I am a Mihawk fan.
Oda lacks the swordsmen lore, imo he should explore WSS narrative in Wano and what it represents instead of just making empty hype in Bounty Posters and just leave it

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Kaido and WB were always Yonkou first and title holders second, they happened to have the title. Because of Oda hype.

Mihawk just has the title.

If you remove WB and Kaido title from the story nothing changes bar some scaling to Roger.

While Mihawk without WSS is much more ambiguous.

Not saying Mihawk himself is weak, but the portrayal of the WSS title ( the most important part of his character) is bad.
Its portrayed just the same as WSC or WSM titles though.

The point is, you are hyping Kaidou & Whitebeard as "Yonko" first, title holders next. Mihawk unfortunately isnt a Yonko to do so.

The title is clean, the problem is how the fanbase views Mihawk in a biased manner when he's one of the very first Top Tiers Oda started writing his story with.

Lolo fans should understand that this story is about GODfy and their fave is just a side character. That way they'll not have asscannons and cry when that doesn't come true.
A kid here was telling Mihawk one shots the main character. That is how deluded the fandom is.