Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

Interesting character who only has two mistakes: introduced to late and the Momo dad joke.

:tchpepe: But the people dont understant thats only a gag and appeals at japanese humour (cringe sense of humor). Its not fault of oda than the people dont understant to whom the manga is directed (jp fandom).

'Hawkins rode Yamato', bruh don't do my girl dirty like that, Yamato isn't that desperate. :pepecry:

But going back on topic, I guess it can't be helped. A white tiger will have to do. In a way, a tiger in eastern mythology are also considered 'king of the beasts', so I guess it makes sense.

:moonwalk:

Along with Kaido's dragon, a white tiger is also one of the 4 symbols in the ancient Chinese constellation, so i guess its pretty fitting.
White Tiger (mythology) - Wikipedia

We also have Marco the phoenix, all that's missing is the black tortoise. :optimistic:
Pagan metal head femboy, I'd smash that.

Hawkins >>>>> any girl you get with in your life

Yamato's kind of a hot boy too.
Post automatically merged:

Bro, Yamato's my girl. I've been calling it for a long time now, Mythical White Tiger.
Your girl is a boy.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'd find yamato kind of hot even if I wasn't bi.

Last edited:
She's a woman no matter what people say.

I made jokes about her wanting to have a D. ( You know whole being Oden shit I don't like it ) myself but in the end, she's a woman whatever anyone says I guess.
Gender is identity based, and has always been identity based (since it's inception/coining in the 1950's), and what society depicts as the roles of said gender, what you'd expect of both genders, etc.

Yamato is sex based a female, but Yamato's gender is male.

It's really as simple as that. Gender and sex are different.

And even on the sex front, there are variances beyond xx and xy, through stuff like xxy and other variances, to people literally being in the wrong body, etc etc. It's honestly a million times more complicated than the dated middle school science classes teach, which is more a baseline for typical sex as we know it. There are plenty of research and studies into this and even as someone who knows about this stuff, a lot of it is even above my head. It's dealing with high level academia, peer reviewed studies/research, etc.

But most people just think back to that middle school biology class they took.

Kaidou is a better scientist than you guys.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Gender is identity based, and has always been identity based (since it's inception/coining in the 1950's), and what society depicts as the roles of said gender, what you'd expect of both genders, etc.

Yamato is sex based a female, but Yamato's gender is male.

It's really as simple as that. Gender and sex are different.

And even on the sex front, there are variances beyond xx and xy, through stuff like xxy and other variances, to people literally being in the wrong body, etc etc. It's honestly a million times more complicated than the dated middle school science classes teach, which is more a baseline for typical sex as we know it. There are plenty of research and studies into this and even as someone who knows about this stuff, a lot of it is even above my head. It's dealing with high level academia, peer reviewed studies/research, etc.

But most people just think back to that middle school biology class they took.

Kaidou is a better scientist than you guys.
I'm not into shit like that. I mean getting every topic into atoms.

She's a female who got inspired by a male and wants to be like him nothing more to it.

How the fuck her gender is male? Did Oda confirm this to you?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
This gender discussion is totally unproductive, and y’all know where I stand on trans rights...we still need more clarification on how Yamato really identifies. If the Oden cosplay continues, then we should use male pronouns; if the whole “MY NAME IS YAMATO” thing continues, then unless we see a flashback or some other panels from the past, we should refer to her as female. I don’t believe this is as clear cut as others like Kiku who explicitly identifies as a woman, or the okama who consider themselves somewhere in between man and woman, so I really don’t know where to stand yet.