Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

Also just in a general sense, "let's not discuss sensitive off-topic discussion"

Yamatos' gender isn't off topic, and instead of just brushing it under the rug and all that and pretending Ravager isn't spewing hate speech, let's just ban the literal hate speech transphobe who said "Trannies are retarded anyways"

If people started to go off on neo-nazi propaganda anti jewish/black hate speech, they'd be banned, right? Might as well ban this hate speech, especially considering trans people are still in the middle of their civil rights movement, so it's honestly an even more dangerous degree of hate speech tbh.

I'm not into shit like that. I mean getting every topic into atoms.

She's a female who got inspired by a male and wants to be like him nothing more to it.

How the fuck her gender is male? Did Oda confirm this to you?
Everyone calls him Kaidou's son
Kaidou calls him his son
Yamato calls himself Kaidou's son even when regarding themselves as Yamato and not Oden

Gender is identity, sex is biological. When oda is saying daughter in the intro box, he's likely regarding sex, while everyone (tobi roppo, kaidou, and yamato) consider Yamato (not just Yamato claiming to be Oden) as a male. Yamato is gendered male, claiming to be another male.

This gender discussion is totally unproductive, and y’all know where I stand on trans rights...we still need more clarification on how Yamato really identifies. If the Oden cosplay continues, then we should use male pronouns; if the whole “MY NAME IS YAMATO” thing continues, then unless we see a flashback or some other panels from the past, we should refer to her as female. I don’t believe this is as clear cut as others like Kiku who explicitly identifies as a woman, or the okama who consider themselves somewhere in between man and woman, so I really don’t know where to stand yet.

Yamato identifies as a boy beyond his larping of Oden, Kaidou considers Yamato a boy. The tobi roppo depicted him as a boy too.

Since gender (not to be mistaken with sex), is identity based, yamato and everyone else identifying him as a boy, means he's a boy. So it's kind of a open and shut case tbh.

We have all the evidence we need.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Yamato identifies as a boy beyond his larping of Oden, Kaidou considers Yamato a boy. The tobi roppo depicted him as a boy too.

Since gender (not to be mistaken with sex), is identity based, yamato and everyone else identifying him as a boy, means he's a boy. So it's kind of a open and shut case tbh.
Listen, my support of the transgender community is well documented around here; I’ve had the same argument with Ravager that you’re having now. The point is that it’s still unclear whether Yamato’s gender identification is tied to the Oden cosplay or not. If she still considers herself a man once she accepts that she isn’t a Kozuki, I’ll be the first to use he/him when discussing this. Until then, I don’t feel this is conclusive, especially since Oda and consistency stopped being friends around the time skip.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Kaido just went along with his child's delusion.

Is like ur kid would be playing in the background with his friends and says that he's a superman.

Would you fucking argue with your child if he's a superman or not?

You go along with it. Kaido either "respected" Yamato's desire and told everyone to call her "Kaido's son" or he wanted a son and instead he got a daughter so he went with this shit.

Yamato is not Kiku. Kiku is a different case.

Listen, my support of the transgender community is well documented around here; I’ve had the same argument with Ravager that you’re having now. The point is that it’s still unclear whether Yamato’s gender identification is tied to the Oden cosplay or not. If she still considers herself a man once she accepts that she isn’t a Kozuki, I’ll be the first to use he/him when discussing this. Until then, I don’t feel this is conclusive, especially since Oda and consistency stopped being friends around the time skip.
Read the context of my pics though. Yamato, while referring to himself as Yamato, said he was Kaidou's SON. He didn't go "I am Oden, the son of Kaidou", he went "I am Yamato, son of Kaidou", so his gender identity goes beyond his larping as Oden.
Also Kaidou said "My idiot son Yamato", and the tobi roppo also referred to him as his son.

So:
Yamato = Boy
Yamato larping as Oden = Boy

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Read the context of my pics though. Yamato, while referring to himself as Yamato, said he was Kaidou's SON. He didn't go "I am Oden, the son of Kaidou", he went "I am Yamato, son of Kaidou", so his gender identity goes beyond his larping as Oden.
Also Kaidou said "My idiot son Yamato", and the tobi roppo also referred to him as his son.

So:
Yamato = Boy
Yamato larping as Oden = Boy
Really think we’ll just have to wait for a flashback - which we may well be getting next chapter - to fully confirm this. All I know is that we’ll have plenty of time to discuss everything after Yamato joins the Straw Hats when they leave Wano #Yamato4Nakama

Is like ur kid would be playing in the background with his friends and says that he's a superman.

You go along with it. Kaido either "respected" Yamato's desire and told everyone to call her "Kaido's son" or he wanted a son and instead he got a daughter so he went with this shit.

You stop doing that when they are in middle school.

Also so trans people are delusional? Lol is that the hill you want to die on homie?

Sorry you have to make reachy arguments based on Kaidou treating the kid he doesn't even really like, accepting yamato saying he's superman. Kaidou doesn't accept the larping Oden thing Yamato does, he doesn't call Yamato Oden, also Kaidou is very much a "no you're not, give me a beer" kind of dad anyway.

Homie, I know you want to fuck yamato, and you're feeling a weird kind of way, but yamato is a boy. Stop with your stupid fanfic.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
You stop doing that when they are in middle school.

Also so trans people are delusional? Lol is that the hill you want to die on homie?

Sorry you have to make reachy arguments based on Kaidou treating the kid he doesn't even really like, accepting yamato saying he's superman. Kaidou doesn't accept the larping Oden thing Yamato does, he doesn't call Yamato Oden, also Kaidou is very much a "no you're not, give me a beer" kind of dad anyway.

Homie, I know you want to fuck yamato, and you're feeling a weird kind of way, but yamato is a boy. Stop with your stupid fanfic.
She's a woman and stops fucking playing on some dumb shit here. What the fuck is wrong with you?

If Sanji's character box said "Judge's Daughter" would you argue if Sanji is a fucking woman?

You think you are right on every matter and guess what. You are not.

Really think we’ll just have to wait for a flashback - which we may well be getting next chapter - to fully confirm this. All I know is that we’ll have plenty of time to discuss everything after Yamato joins the Straw Hats when they leave Wano #Yamato4Nakama
IT feels like just stalling tbh. Like if page one suddenly beat zoro in a fair fight, the zoro fanboys will be like "yes, but wait for him to defeat kaidou" or something, we already would have page one beating zoro to base a fact on for power scale. Yamato indentifies Yamato as a boy, Kaidou and the tobi roppo identify Yamato as a boy, none of them but Yamato even give a lick of credibility that Yamato is Oden though.
Post automatically merged:

She's a woman and stops fucking playing on some dumb shit here. What the fuck is wrong with you?

If Sanji's character box said "Judge's Daughter" would you argue if Sanji is a fucking woman?

You think you are right on every matter and guess what. You are not.
The science is on my side
Definitions of terms is on my side

The only thing you have on your side is you whining like "no you're wrong lol"

Here's a merriam-webster definition of gender:

"the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex "

The science and definitions aren't on your side, no matter how many times you cry about it.

Keep getting triggered about it flat earther.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
IT feels like just stalling tbh. Like if page one suddenly beat zoro in a fair fight, the zoro fanboys will be like "yes, but wait for him to defeat kaidou" or something, we already would have page one beating zoro to base a fact on for power scale. Yamato indentifies Yamato as a boy, Kaidou and the tobi roppo identify Yamato as a boy, none of them but Yamato even give a lick of credibility that Yamato is Oden though.
Battles and genders are apples and oranges, so while I see your point, I disagree with the comparison. Kaido (as Yamato’s father) and the Tobi Roppo (as Yamato’s father’s subordinates) have reason to go along with whatever Yamato chooses to identify as, but they probably wouldn’t be as motivated to entertain the Oden thing even if Yamato believes it.

Battles and genders are apples and oranges, so while I see your point, I disagree with the comparison. Kaido (as Yamato’s father) and the Tobi Roppo (as Yamato’s father’s subordinates) have reason to go along with whatever Yamato chooses to identify as, but they probably wouldn’t be as motivated to entertain the Oden thing even if Yamato believes it.
Yamato is Kaidou's prisoner, he doesn't have to do anything for Yamato :P

Yamato and Kaidou don't get along.

So if Kaido really doesn’t care about Yamato, who by all indications IS his biological child one way or another, why would he care about using the right pronouns? Wouldn’t he see Yamato as an AFAB and refer to them accordingly?
Because Kaidou is woke and knows that gender is identity based. He would call even his enemies by their proper pronouns, because he's a good person who believes in science/definitions ;)

I accept the pronouns of people I hate.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
You kidding me? How did this turn into a political debate(again)? Yamato has nothing to do with identity politics....its all Oden....its always been about Oden....

The entire arc people has been comparing themselves to Oden..
-the udon samurai saying they cant stop Kaido cause Oden couldnt, and Luffy had to give them confidence in themselves
-Momo putting lots of pressure on himself for being the son of the great Oden and having to accept that he is weal and needs help
-The Red Scabbards imitating Oden's signature attack
-Kaido saying there's no samurai like Oden and that the Scabbards are not Oden

Yamato takes it the furthest by wanting to BE Oden. Oden was the only person to give Kaido a run for his money for the only way she has a chance to stop Kaido and bring Oden dreams to reality is to BECOME Oden, aka leech off the greatness of someone else instead and having confidence in themselves. Oden is a guy(so son of Kaido and Kaido himself doesnt care) does Kabuki poses, has a wife named Toki, has a son named Momo etc...Yamato is taking his identity so Yamato is a guy, has a wife named Toki, has a same named Momo whatever.

Wouldnt be surprised if Yamato's development is about accepting her own positions and limitations and not rely on Oden's legend. People compare Luffy to Oden but even Luffy said he doesnt care about Oden and that he himself is there to stop Kaido. Luffy doesn't need a dead man's legend which is why he's succeeding and everyone else is failing.

I don’t understand why people immediately assume, or justify, that Kaido and his posse refer to Yamato using male pronouns as a sign of respect. Maybe Kaido always wanted a son and when he had a daughter he forced it upon her to be a boy. Yamato in turn rebelled by deciding that if she was going to be a boy, might as well a “boy” her father hates: Oden. But IDK I’ll wait for Oda’s reveal and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it and move on, I would hope you all would do the same.
Also if you refer to “self-styled Kozuki Oden,” Yamato as a man because she identifies as Oden. Then you should also refer to “self-styled Whitebeard Jr.,” Weevil as Whitebeard’s legitimate son. If you don’t your a bigot. Thems the rules!!!
P.s. I hope she has the mythical Tiger Zoan. The symbolism of her opposition towards Kaido would be amazing. Not to mention how cool it’d look.

You kidding me? How did this turn into a political debate(again)? Yamato has nothing to do with identity politics....its all Oden....its always been about Oden....

The entire arc people has been comparing themselves to Oden..
-the udon samurai saying they cant stop Kaido cause Oden couldnt, and Luffy had to give them confidence in themselves
-Momo putting lots of pressure on himself for being the son of the great Oden and having to accept that he is weal and needs help
-The Red Scabbards imitating Oden's signature attack
-Kaido saying there's no samurai like Oden and that the Scabbards are not Oden

Yamato takes it the furthest by wanting to BE Oden. Oden was the only person to give Kaido a run for his money for the only way she has a chance to stop Kaido and bring Oden dreams to reality is to BECOME Oden, aka leech off the greatness of someone else instead and having confidence in themselves. Oden is a guy(so son of Kaido and Kaido himself doesnt care) does Kabuki poses, has a wife named Toki, has a son named Momo etc...Yamato is taking his identity so Yamato is a guy, has a wife named Toki, has a same named Momo whatever.

Wouldnt be surprised if Yamato's development is about accepting her own positions and limitations and not rely on Oden's legend. People compare Luffy to Oden but even Luffy said he doesnt care about Oden and that he himself is there to stop Kaido. Luffy doesn't need a dead man's legend which is why he's succeeding and everyone else is failing.
Yamato is a male though, even when they aren't calling themselves oden, they still call themselves a guy.

I don’t understand why people immediately assume, or justify, that Kaido and his posse refer to Yamato using male pronouns as a sign of respect. Maybe Kaido always wanted a son and when he had a daughter he forced it upon her to be a boy. Yamato in turn rebelled by deciding that if she was going to be a boy, might as well a “boy” her father hates: Oden. But IDK I’ll wait for Oda’s reveal and if I’m wrong I’ll admit it and move on, I would hope you all would do the same.
Also if you refer to “self-styled Kozuki Oden,” Yamato as a man because she identifies as Oden. Then you should also refer to “self-styled Whitebeard Jr.,” Weevil as Whitebeard’s legitimate son. If you don’t your a bigot. Thems the rules!!!
P.s. I hope she has the mythical Tiger Zoan. The symbolism of her opposition towards Kaido would be amazing. Not to mention how cool it’d look.
Yamato isn't Oden, but he's a guy. You can't become another person, or someone's blood kid (you can be adopted and loved like one, but that's not whta oden or weevil are doing). Though knowing oda, weevil will end up as whitebeard's blood son.

Sorry but someone being transgender and someone saying they're another person (outside of espionage shit, or improv/acting, but those are different, but not stupid like saying you're someone else) is nigh and day. Yamato is a boy. It's not that hard to just call him a boy. You're making this a bigger deal than it has to be, respect pronouns.

Yamato is a male though, even when they aren't calling themselves oden, they still call themselves a guy.

Yamato isn't Oden, but he's a guy. You can't become another person, or someone's blood kid (you can be adopted and loved like one, but that's not whta oden or weevil are doing). Though knowing oda, weevil will end up as whitebeard's blood son.

Sorry but someone being transgender and someone saying they're another person (outside of espionage shit, or improv/acting, but those are different, but not stupid like saying you're someone else) is nigh and day. Yamato is a boy. It's not that hard to just call him a boy. You're making this a bigger deal than it has to be, respect pronouns.
Yamato isn’t Oden but identifies herself as such. You can’t become another person, but you can approximate that person to the best of your ability. Much like with Yamato emulating Oden in both character and action.

Sorry but someone being transgender and thinking someone is transgender are different. We’re both individuals who perceive the world in different ways. I do not believe Yamato is trans, but you do. I was pointing out how people are justifying your claim with anecdotal evidence, when nothing concrete has been established by Oda. People are different and interpret the story differently. You made a big deal out of this when it didn’t need to. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it and move on. But if you’re wrong I doubt you’d do the same after spewing all that virtue signaling rhetoric.

odabox say she is a daughter tho.
whatsup with that? oda is transphobic??

odas representation of lgbt+ is ahead of other shonen,which is my favorite way to highlight subject matter. beyond lightyear better that whatever the crap dc and marvel coming are doing.

personally I find yamato awsome, better than carrot for nakama

Call it whatever, doesn't change what you're born as. You're cringe.
dear progresive bros from us,

u might be shocked at this.... does this mean the rest of the world is transphobic?
welcome to the world outside your progresive bubble.
and we kinda do find you slapping your politic in our faces kinda cringe

see this , normal people can see context between yamato and kiku.

and to the surprise of no one, context is usually gone to you crazy lefties

Last edited: