Future Events Yamato is Going To Die...

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Oda will have to do a full Yamato-Kaido related flashback to justify himself killing off such a character who was introduced quite late in the current arc. We know that Oda usually kills off characters when he feels they have no purpose in the present (not flashback) story or have been developed enough with all the info etc.

I also like your initial ideas revolving around the first and second scenario. It will be tragic not only for us and the allies, but also for Kaido to accidentally kill his child. We know Kaido has a softer side that has been touched upon for now, and there will be consequences for his actions.

If Yamato survives the ordeal, I'm totally ok if she is not able to join the crew/chooses to stay in Wano to help rebuild it with Momo...provided everything works out.

He definitely wouldn’t have crushed pre timeskip Enies lobby Luffy . I don’t think you realize how disgustingly big the gap between Luffy and coby has been throughout the series. Coby has yet to accomplish something pre timeskip Luffy couldn’t overcome. I’m not impressed by rokushiki and haki if it’s not performed on someone competent
Pre Enies Lobby. I'm specific saying pre G2 and G3 Luffy. Coby post marineford is beating that Luffy.
My whole point it that Coby so far showed greater growth rate than Luffy and you didn't denied that. And Coby is not related to strong people.

Pre Enies Lobby. I'm specific saying pre G2 and G3 Luffy. Coby post marineford is beating that Luffy.
My whole point it that Coby so far showed greater growth rate than Luffy and you didn't denied that. And Coby is not related to strong people.
And I'm saying, Coby post marineford is not beating that luffy.....as far as we know. Also What greater growth rate has Coby Showed? this is a lot of talk for a character that hasn't accomplished anything yet.

How about no?

I've already said this before but I honestly don't see Yamato dying in this arc.

The tragedy that you speak of that must happen in the Wano Raid has already happened. First it was Yasuie, then it was Kinemon. Just how many more characters need to die for Luffy to get serious?? In the long run this also becomes a bad and cheap writing tactic if Oda has to kill a bunch of people just make Luffy win a fight.

As for your scenarios:

1. Kaido killing Yamato. No i don't see this happening. For all the lack of care that Kaido has towards Yamato, he still cares about her-even if its materialistically. Kaido still wants and needs Yamato to become Shogun of Wano. Cause hypothetically in his mind- once he deals with Luffy and the alliance, he's gonna go on expeditions and take over the world with Big Mom. Yamato is still needed to stay in Wano and watch over Onigashima. That's why Kaido wants Yamato to be Shogun. And Kaido has done this before, this isn't a new thing. When Ace first arrived on Wano, Kaido and his crew were out on a expedition, leaving Yamato alone to defend Wano and face Ace. Yamato is also a Oden fanboy which makes her the only Beast Pirate capable of being accepting and reconciled by the people of Wano. The bad blood and hatred between Kaido and the retainers and other Oden loyalists will never wash away. Yamato is actually Kaido's only hope of resolving the Wano conflict peacefully. And kaido knows this, its why kaido puts up with so much of Yamato's shit and her rebellions.

As for kaido killing Yamato accidently- there is a very low chance for this to happen. Kaido doesn't have lethal attacks. He needs to bash his way in to kill someone. Despite kaido beating a lot of people this arc, the only person he's killed was Kinemon- and he actually had to resort to stabbing him in the back with a Katana. Yamato will never die to Kaido by accident, she's too strong for that. Ulti didn't die even after getting impaled in the stomach by Big Mom, so how would Yamato die to one of kaido's attacks if she's Kaido's child and has his same durability (tanking cannonballs like nothing), and also possesses a zoan devil fruit (quite possibly ancient or mythical zoan) which greatly increases her durability and recovery rate even further?

The cover page foreshadowing don't mean much either since its sole purpose is to highlight the history that Yamato had with Ace. It isn't a real foreshadow that Yamato will succumb to the same fate since Oda has done this to other Straw Hats in the past. Oda also did this to Jinbe for the cover page of Volume 66 but Jinbe never died did he?

2. Yamato dies saving Momonosuke. I don't see this happening either. Yamato has been impatient with Momonosuke since the beginning and even said that she wants to fight. She didn't even stay to babysit Momonosuke, she's not gonna come to sacrifice herself for momonosuke. Kinemon already did that anyway. Yamato's lack of personal connection also makes Yamato's sacrifice for Momo really lackluster. Kinemon's death was so impactful and touching because he was the protector, carer and also father figure for Momo. He was the one who planned the raid and has been with Momo through thick and thin. Who's going to Yamato's funeral if she were to die? This was a big factor in Ace's execution that Yamato actually lacks.

As for your candidates of who would kill Yamato, none of them are appropriate imo:

CP0- we don't even know who they are- Yamato isn't gonna die to some no-names.

Kaido- i already explained why kaido won't kill Yamato

Akainu-we don't even know if he's coming to Wano. And even if he personally did to finish off Kaido and the Beast Pirates (i still have doubts that Kaido is even going to die this arc), its more likely that Yamato will escape and leave with Luffy and the rest of the crew. The fact that Yamato has been locked away on Wano means that Akainu probably doesn't even care or know about Kaido's daughter. Kaido and Big Mom will be the bigger targets for Akainu to eliminate. The reason why Ace was viewed as such a threat for Akainu and Sengoku was because of Ace's reputation as a successful pirate. Ace's fame, being Roger's son and also under the protection of Whitebeard, in Sengoku and Akainu's minds was the perfect storm to create another New Pirate Era- something that Whitebeard already foiled and created himself before his death anyway. None of these potential threats even apply for Yamato. Hell, even after Yamato joins the Straw Hats, Luffy and Robin will still be viewed as the bigger threats compared to Yamato. Robin being able to read the Ponyglyphs and learning the Void Century that the World Government erased, covered up and never want to be revealed. And also Luffy. Who by the end of Wano will be a new Yonko Level Threat, gained more Road Ponegplyphs and also potentially obtaining the Voice of All Things Ability like Roger. You honestly think that Yamato will ever be more dangerous than those 2 and that Akainu will go after Yamato first and not Luffy and Robin??

I concur with the general feeling that killing off Yamato would be a cheap move from Oda considering how she has been recently introduced and her hype suggests that she is a candidate for joining, she is young and also she conquered the heart of many fans. Combining all these elements would not make me like that choice ostensibly.
In all honesty I think those are the prime reason she has the potential to be killed off.

Whitebeard also charmed the hearts of so many fans same with Ace despite them not really being in the story much before their death.

With Yamato, he’s been in the story long enough for people to like them and be impressed by them, while not being in long enough that their death would greatly affect the story.

I don’t think they’ll die, but I’m terms of characters Oda may be willing to kill off for suspense Yamato could be on that list.

Making people care about Yamato to the point that they want her to join the crew and then kill her off seems like a genius move, but Oda who has said he doesn't like killing people won't do it.

It reminds of when people were confident Law was going to die (either in Wano or Dressrosa) and seem to forget who the writer of the story is

Last edited:
In all honesty I think those are the prime reason she has the potential to be killed off.

Whitebeard also charmed the hearts of so many fans same with Ace despite them not really being in the story much before their death.

With Yamato, he’s been in the story long enough for people to like them and be impressed by them, while not being in long enough that their death would greatly affect the story.

I don’t think they’ll die, but I’m terms of characters Oda may be willing to kill off for suspense Yamato could be on that list.
I know that she has the potential to die in that she is facing powerful opponents, I merely indicated how that would constitute a cheap move in that incongruent with the way she was portrayed, I also add the manga itself. It would technically not constitute an inconsistency for the former premise, but it would still prove an unnecessary mess up for the way she was highlighted thus far. Ace died but it was foreseeable, Yasu either and so on, the situation is different now, she is being portrayed like a capable character attempting to resist and have revenge for all the surpruses of the people of Wano and Oden etcetera, as well as potential SH material. Killing her off would not be a good move in my opinion, it would prove a massive bad flip for the way the manga has been structured since chapter 1, way more petty than the Ace situation. Then we can agree to disagree.

Post Marineford Coby is most likely beating AT LEAST Blueno. Something that Pre Enies Lobby Luffy would never do.
Post automatically merged:

Categorically false. Wasn't Yamato #11 in the World Wide Popularity Poll? I'm sure Oda saw those results. People definitely are attached to her already. And we all know Oda would never kill an official straw hat, so maybe killing off a straw hat candidate is the next best option.

In fact, now it's all coming together. Hype her up as a false straw hat option and then kill her off in after a tragic flashback right as Luffy appears. Kaido would become One Piece Thanos if he kills his daughter.
Oda killed Ace who was always at the top of popularity since his introduction. Not sure about WB but I personally liked him too much(and never cared about Ace, trash character wasted potential).
And didn't Oda said he wants to kill one Strawhat until the end of the series? I'm betting on Jinbei. He is the only without a dream unless making Luffy the Pirate King. So would make sense for him to die for it.
The other option would be Law joining the crew and doing that operation to make someone (not necessarily Luffy) "imortal".

@topic

Kaido wants Yamato to be Shogun of Wano. He will not kill her never. He is not BM.

Last edited:
Categorically false. Wasn't Yamato #11 in the World Wide Popularity Poll? I'm sure Oda saw those results. People definitely are attached to her already. And we all know Oda would never kill an official straw hat, so maybe killing off a straw hat candidate is the next best option.

In fact, now it's all coming together. Hype her up as a false straw hat option and then kill her off in after a tragic flashback right as Luffy appears. Kaido would become One Piece Thanos if he kills his daughter.
Carrot is #8, but she would not make for a satisfying death on the level needed as Wano’s tragedy. Simping does not equal the same as real emotional investment.

Carrot/Yamato fans would be pissed, not sad. The majority of fans wouldn’t care much about ether, and then you’d have some in the middle who are happy, and some who are actually sad.

Yamato’s death could be sad if Oda nailed the backstory. But it couldn’t live up to true tragedy and that’s just as a fan base. It says nothing about how little any of our main characters would give a crap. As I said before, no one here really knows her but Kaido. She’s just some chick Luffy met and has talked to for a half hour at most. Killing a character that the fan base cares about isn’t good enough if the actual characters in the story don’t have a reason to care. Killing a character who is #11 because of simping certainty isn’t enough.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
While I don't think Yamato will die, her chances of dying from the newest chapter just went up A LOT.

"But but Yamato is too strong for the crew, she's stronger than Sanji, Zoro, and maybe even Luffy."

First of all, no. No X Strawhat candidates will ever be stronger than Sanji. Sanji > Jinbei, Sanji > Yamato, so on.

Would be ballsy by Oda. She’s already very popular and if she joined would be a top 10 lock.

I like it though. Think it has to be Kaido though. Could be his Thanos moment
bro dont do this. We said this exact same things to ace back then...

she is gonna die isnt she.......