Character Discussion Yamato is Stronger Than King

How does Yamato compare to King?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I can already see all the insults and hate Oda will get when Yamato gets bodied by Kaido, especially if he is clean and suffers zero damage against her. If Asura was a scratch nothing she ever pulls out will be enough or impressive lmao haters are their own worst enemy
The hate will come when she goes from fighting "equally" against Kaido to struggling vs some Titanic captain from BBPs, probably Katarina Devon... The peak of mental gymnastics will be laid in front of our eyes...

Yamato is more impressive than Marco
Big Mom fucked Marco with 1 arm and using the worst match up element Vs him ...
but
Yamato is fighting closely and toe to toe with Kaido
at worst case Yamato ~ Marco and both of them have better hype/feat than King
but I can deal with Yamato ~ King as well

p.s
those 31% who said she is far weaker already lost this thread btw ... dead wrong

Yamato represents the “Ace” of the crew. The other guy represents the “King”.... the same logic used to shut down queen>King talks applies here.

This isn’t even a debate currently, she’s outright stronger. He’s currently clashing on par with a Yonko. while King with help, has his hands full with Marco.
Yamato name now doesn't represent a ace LOL :kaidowhat:

The hate will come when she goes from fighting "equally" against Kaido to struggling vs some Titanic captain from BBPs, probably Katarina Devon... The peak of mental gymnastics will be laid in front of our eyes...
You said it perfectly and honestly.. I cant defend Oda for doing something like that. You cant go from going toe to toe with Kaido in hybrid form for a while and then struggle at end game. If she does struggle end game, it would have to be thats shes cuffed up with sea stone, or trapped in water or her club is taken away. Oda is trapping himself to a corner.

You said it perfectly and honestly.. I cant defend Oda for doing something like that. You cant go from going toe to toe with Kaido in hybrid form for a while and then struggle at end game. If she does struggle end game, it would have to be thats shes cuffed up with sea stone, or trapped in water or her club is taken away. Oda is trapping himself to a corner.
Although Oda does weaken characters a bit when they join the Straw Hats this would be such a difference. There’s no way Oda would do this… I hope

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I think ppl should lower their expectations instead of "yamato fighting kaido equally" jumps that most people are performing.
He is her father after all and he seems rather chill about it and they seem to be more chatting than having a fight to the death. After all the purpose of yamato vs kaido is to probably start a flashback instead of making yamato perform better than LinLin...
People simply expect Kaido to trash anyone below him and cant wrap their heads around it when it doesnt happen... It happened to Luffy so it has to happen to everyone else, right? No...
Yamato's proper placement will be shown in the future against someone else when she isnt playing a role of a plot device.