Powers & Abilities Yamato's Fighting style makes no sense

I think Oda is using Yamato so he can make important flashbacks, otherwise she's a very poorly written and boring character, the only reason she's relevant is because of creepy simps who masturbate to her sideboobs
Completely disagree. I don't get where the poor writing comes from. In my view, she is a very solid character. Far from boring

Last edited:
Completely disagree. I don't get where the poor writing comes from. In my cirw, she is a very solid character. Far from boring
I think some people see her as unnecessary. You could remove her from Wano and it takes away nothing. The flying six actually have more narrative importance than her since they give the rest of the strawman fights

Yamato's never seen Oden fight. And Kaido was their only consistent point of reference.
Who was the master swordsman that taught Gold Roger? You really think it wasn't sensible for the person who literally wants to be oden to learn her own sword style. Hell oden created his own sword style

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
i imagine she mostly learned watching her father probably unless he taught her when she was very little.

But I would love if she used some Oden styled technique despite it's not under the usage of a sword specifically.

Oden is an idea to her. She doesn’t know how to use the sword but she wants to follow the ideals that he inspired within her? I don’t get the issue
Oden is just an idea? To the point where she says "i became a man too" . Idk pal seems a little further than just an idea

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Oden is an idea to her. She doesn’t know how to use the sword but she wants to follow the ideals that he inspired within her? I don’t get the issue
exactly. in her mind, she wants to live freely like oden. that's all it is.

she probably picked up the fighting style by imitating kaido's attacks during the multiple times she fought him.