Future Events Your expectation for One Piece in 2020

will 2020 be better than 2019 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we're talking about 38/40 chapters based on Oda's schedule the last few years.

-Oden's flashback to last 3/5 more chapters. Needs to go over Roger dying and the crew breaking up, his return to Wano, some time as Shogun, his defeat. I think the breakup of the Roger Pirates will be done next chapter, and his time as Shogun will be covered fairly rapidly, but he could spend a few chapters on Oden's defeat
-the Fire Festival plan will not fail. Too much effort has gone into it. It will seem like it's failing though, with Kine'mon and co's desperate suicide attack on Onigashima, but the Strawhats will turn things around at the last minute leading some ships based on the flying lanterns that were mentioned a couple of chapters
-Jinbei will come back
-we'll get some resolution for Denjiro/Kyoshiro/Koshiro (I think they are all Shimotsuki's, and that's where Tashigi is also related to them.) Zoro will fight and overpower Kyoshiro (not defeat him totally though) And we'll get a flashback for why he decided to serve Orochi. This won't be Zoro's main fight, and may have already happened
-the Scabbards will be reunited, and the truth about the traitor will be revealed
-witching hour boy will get resolved
-the main Strawhat fights will start but not all of them will finish. That'll take until early next year, assuming the usual structure of chapters to fights continues, which, despite the complaints about Oda offpanelling, I think will. So that means at least one pure chapter devoted to the lesser fights (Flying Six members, Numbers, basically whoever the opponents of the weaker Strawhats are.) The Calamities get two chapters (Zoro, Sanji and Jinbei's fights). And the Kaido one is the end, takes ages, everyone complains about it being too dragged until two years down the road where people read it in bulk and decide it's one of the best fights in the series)
-I'm uncertain if we'll see what Oda talked about Jump Festa. That obviously comes at the end of the act, and I'm not sure if it'll come be a three or five act structure for Wano (and I don't really think anyone is, that one website everyone uses that tells us Kabuki plays usually have five acts isn't exactly the be-all and end-all. I'd need an actual Kabuki expert to say for sure and tbh I haven't seen any of them online here)
-hybrid forms for Kaido and the Calamities
-introductions for the Numbers and the other Flying Six members, along with discovering what happened to Page One (I reckon Sanji beat him but Drake then killed him)
-the other Worst Gen members on Wano eventually decide to join up with Luffy, or at least go for the mutual kill. Even Apoo who sucks
-Robin will get her hands on the Road Poneglyph on Onigashima
-don't have a clue about Big Mom. I get a horrible feeling that Oda stuck her in the arc on a whim, she's just going to leave now that she has an alliance with Kaido and they think the Strawhats are dead, and that her entire presence this arc has been a waste of time. Hopefully not.

That's everything that comes to mind so far. The pacing of the first few chapters when the flashback ends will really reveal a lot about what we can expect from the year, I think. It'll depend how quickly Oda resolves the missing Strawhat plot point.
Pretty accurate till now tbh.

so what do you think will happen this year 2020 ?

for me
-Kyoshiro / denjiro matter get resolved in any way .
-we will know how komarasaki/ survived kyoshiro attack .
-the identity of the traitor.
-if Kyoshiro still villain then zoro vs kyoshiro full fight .

-the raid will fail leading to grand war in all of wano not only onigashiema.
-act 3 will end with the failed raid .
-kid,law and killer will not be part of the raid .
-king , smoothie will have bigger role this act than every villain except Kyoshiro

-a member of the Rock pirates will come to wano
Absolutely nothing till chapter 1000th. I'm ready for disappointment after disappointment.

so what do you think will happen this year 2020 ?

for me
-Kyoshiro / denjiro matter get resolved in any way .
-we will know how komarasaki/ survived kyoshiro attack .
-the identity of the traitor.
-if Kyoshiro still villain then zoro vs kyoshiro full fight .

-the raid will fail leading to grand war in all of wano not only onigashiema.
-act 3 will end with the failed raid .
-kid,law and killer will not be part of the raid .
-king , smoothie will have bigger role this act than every villain except Kyoshiro

-a member of the Rock pirates will come to wano
lol
little did I know
:milaugh:
--
mid 2021 and Ling did't do a thing :josad:
smoothie :suresure: