General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

It is shocking to me that they would rather have Sanji sharing a statut with someone than have his own statut.

I mean it is a very good thing for Sanji to have his own statut, why want him to share it with anyone, I don’t get it…
Well when your entire being is put into pushing for equality, it is impossible to realize a good deal which puts you ahead of another

Yeah just like the manga said Zoro was a wing...oh wait there's nothing there.

And good on you for proving my point. Sanji fans really only want the association to be with Zoro not because of anything else
SBS did, using the exact same wording as last chapter.

I don't care about those "Sanji fans" you are talking about. I'm discussing consistency and proper translation.

For honest readers isn't about Sanji sharing Zoro's status but internal consistency (SBS vs this translation) plus what other translators plus Japanese speakers have commented on this issue.
Oda has been changing his mind a lot during the last 24 years. This might be one of this time.

Stephen Paul bring in link with Oda’s Japanese editors make me out more stock on his translation.

SBS did, using the exact same wording as last chapter.

I don't care about those "Sanji fans" you are talking about. I'm discussing consistency and proper translation.
SBS never said they are PART OF THE SAME WING. Try again
Post automatically merged:

It is interesting to note that Sanji being Luffy's wings is linked to his Kindness more than anything else.
Luffy even stated that his best attribute is his Kindness.
We know his Kindness is linked to his cooking.

This means Sanji will be Luffy's wings through his cooking (Kindness)

Because he does, this was already settled down years ago, this don't even need to be stated in the manga, everyone who read One Piece realizes that, people ignore if they want to fit some agenda. It's a matter of consistency being over an ambiguous translation according to many japanese people
As I said Oda has been changing his mind a lot the last 24 years so I do not see why he can’t anymore.

Sanji is both wings, that a good thing for him. No need to share imo.

SBS never said they are PART OF THE SAME WING. Try again
And who said they are part of the same wing? It said they are Luffy's wings using the same wording Robin used here, a wording that has been explained by Japanese speakers both in and out this forum to usually refer to more than one thing (or person, in this case).

Oda has been changing his mind a lot during the last 24 years. This might be one of this time.

Stephen Paul bring in link with Oda’s Japanese editors make me out more stock on his translation.
Or this may be one of that times Paul's translation isn't accurate considering that it goes against the SBS identical statement, what other translators have chosen and what other Japanese speakers interpreted. Oda changing his mind a lot during the last 24 years doesn't seem to apply to Zoro and Sanji as much as you may believe, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I fully understand your second sentence (I think I get the idea), I'd appreciate if you worded it better.

Then why are you arguing?

My main point was, "Sanji fans do not want Sanji to be the wings unless Zoro is also part of those wings".....ergo left man right man
I'm arguing that the proper translation here may be "one of" Luffy's wings because that would be consistent with the SBS statement that did include Zoro. It's not about wanting Sanji to be whatever because Zoro is also it but keeping it consistent.

I'm arguing that the proper translation here may be "one of" Luffy's wings because that would be consistent with the SBS statement that did include Zoro. It's not about wanting Sanji to be whatever because Zoro is also it but keeping it consistent.
And yet we have the proper translation. Sanji is the wings of the PK. There's no Zoro in the statement.

Zoro could be another set of wings and Nami a third set if wings...however that is irrelevant.

Point is, Sanji covers those two parts of wings...not just one.

Robin could've said left hand, left arm, left wing or whatever...however that's not case

And yet we have the proper translation. Sanji is the wings of the PK. There's no Zoro in the statement.

Zoro could be another set of wings and Nami a third set if wings...however that is irrelevant.

Point is, Sanji covers those two parts of wings...not just one
"The proper translation" = just one translator among others that ignores Oda's previous wording on this matter (which included Zoro) and follows an understanding of the expression that has been questioned by Japanese speakers plus translated different by other official professionals. You are stuck in a train of reasoning I've passed long ago and using as an argument exactly what I'm discussing.

Yes I am the one that is pathetic because I am the one that countlessly creates threads on the same characters and has thousands of comments about it. You need to get a life. Go do some homework or something. Oh wait you are 30 years old . Go do something productive my guy.
Im 47

Correct you are pathetic, you go around other people's threads of people commenting because they're die hard fans and you bitch you moan you complain about how they are toxic. You just did it on someone else's thread that isnt even a spoiler thread, ironic you are telling me to go a life because this repetitve commenting on toxic people seems to be your M.O.

Create more of your own threads instead of being a sad pathetic loser and commenting on other threads because they dont match your "standard".

P.S great job at proposing 0 solutions to the toxicity of this forum. Also do my homework and get a life are the best burns you can come up with holy shit I just pity you at this point.

"The proper translation" = just one translator among others that ignores Oda's previous wording on this matter (which included Zoro) and follows an understanding of the expression that has been questioned by Japanese speakers plus translated different by other official professionals.
The proper translation is the official. Even the raws use Wings
You can't pick and choose what translation you want to fit your narrative

The proper translation is the official. Even the raws use Wings
You can't pick and choose what translation you want to fit your narrative
Paul's isn't "the official". There's no "the official" but official translations for other languages (not only English), and even official translators make mistakes or interpret subjectively on a daily basis (feels like you have never questioned a translated piece of cultural work...). It's not about picking and choosing translations but making a critical judgement of each translation, and in this particular case, Paul has against him:

1) Other official translations disagreeing with his interpretation.

2) Other Japanese speakers, some of them native, disagreeing with his interpretation.

3) Previous statement by Oda that used the same wording as in last chapter disagreeing with his interpretation.

And this is only discussing the wings part (which in raw doesn't necessarily mean that Sanji is both wings at once, because, you know, Japanese =/= English), because Brook's may also be highly debatable.